Sign in to follow this  
ruggermad

The Beer & Ale Thread

Re: The Beer & Ale Thread

I recently tried a new lager. It was called 'Noble'. As far as I'm aware it was in a local beer festival (I was in the New Forest; near Southampton). It was very expensive, but one of the nicest lagers I've ever had.

Speaking of which, I tried 'Delerium Tremens' in London, simply as it was advertised as the best beer in the world (it had won an international award). It wasn't phenomenal. I'm posting more because of the glass it came with

DeliriumTremensTulipGlass.jpg

One of my favourite glasses that I own

A place to discuss all things beer.

Share the obscure beers or ales you've come across or tried. Or simply your favourites

A local boozer I use to drink in use to sell a cask ale called "The old f.art" which is a brewing company.

Favourite has to be "dog" or Newcastle Brown Ale to you lot and LCL and strongbow snakebite' date=' which is loopy juice.[/color']

A local boozer I use to drink in use to sell a cask ale called "The old f.art" which is a brewing company.

Favourite has to be "dog" or Newcastle Brown Ale to you lot and LCL and strongbow snakebite' date=' which is loopy juice.[/color']

I do love a good local ale. I've just been to the shops and stumbled across a 'Green King IPA Reserve' which I've not seen before. Gonna try that this week.

I find that I can't beat going down to Cornwall to see my Uncle and drinking good ales from the St Austell brewery.

Even 'Doom Bar' which you find in most good pubs is one of my top ales. It's also Cornish.

Have to say whilst over here I've developed a liking for Samuel Adams. Their Oktoberfest beer is pretty good too.

I think I've also drank more Newcastle Brown over here than i ever did back in Newcastle. It must be a patriotic thing!