William Carvalho

ashtini

William Carvalho

william-carvalho6285b070_400x225.JPG

Nationality: Portuguese

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Club: Sporting CP, Portugal

On Database: 82

William Carvalho is a Portuguese footballer who plays for Sporting CP as a defensive midfielder.

The exciting youngster has been called into the Portugal squad for the World Cup play-offs against Sweden after enjoying a fine start to the season with his club.

Carvalho's style has led to comparisons with Patrick Vieira, and he is a wanted man despite having a 45m Euro (£37.8m) buy-out clause.

The Portugal U21 international has been scouted extensively this season by Manchester United manager David Moyes, with Chelsea & Juventus keeping a close eye on him also, Arsenal & Barcelona have also sent scouts to watch Carvalho.

Moyes' informal enquiries only confirms what those inside Portuguese football have been saying since William was the subject of a transfer tug-of-war as a 13 year-old.

Now 21, the Angolan-born William has been involved in Portugal's national teams since he was 15. But it's only this season that he's carving out a place in Sporting's first team.

Last term was spent in Belgium with Cercle Brugge, while the previous season he played in the Portuguese Second Division for Fatima. But after winning back-to-back Young Player of the Month awards this year, William's emergence is a great triumph for Sporting's youth development.

Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho knows they have something special on their hands and he made it a priority to secure William to a new contract before the start of the season. Now tied to Sporting until 2018, the midfielder's buyout clause is set at €45 million which the likes of Manchester United or Juventus can activate, but given Sporting Lisbon's precarious financial situation, both clubs will hope to negotiate for considerably less.

williamcarvalho16.jpg

Sources: Various.

Re: William Carvalho

William Carvalho

william-carvalho6285b070_400x225.JPG

Nationality: Portuguese

Position: Defensive Midfielder

Club: Sporting CP' date=' Portugal[/color']

On Database: 82

William Carvalho is a Portuguese footballer who plays for Sporting CP as a defensive midfielder.

The exciting youngster has been called into the Portugal squad for the World Cup play-offs against Sweden after enjoying a fine start to the season with his club.

Carvalho's style has led to comparisons with Patrick Vieira, and he is a wanted man despite having a 45m Euro (£37.8m) buy-out clause.

The Portugal U21 international has been scouted extensively this season by Manchester United manager David Moyes, with Chelsea & Juventus keeping a close eye on him also, Arsenal & Barcelona have also sent scouts to watch Carvalho.

Moyes' informal enquiries only confirms what those inside Portuguese football have been saying since William was the subject of a transfer tug-of-war as a 13 year-old.

Now 21, the Angolan-born William has been involved in Portugal's national teams since he was 15. But it's only this season that he's carving out a place in Sporting's first team.

Last term was spent in Belgium with Cercle Brugge, while the previous season he played in the Portuguese Second Division for Fatima. But after winning back-to-back Young Player of the Month awards this year, William's emergence is a great triumph for Sporting's youth development.

Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho knows they have something special on their hands and he made it a priority to secure William to a new contract before the start of the season. Now tied to Sporting until 2018, the midfielder's buyout clause is set at €45 million which the likes of Manchester United or Juventus can activate, but given Sporting Lisbon's precarious financial situation, both clubs will hope to negotiate for considerably less.

williamcarvalho16.jpg

Sources: Various.

I believe he'll rise to 85 / 86, in his next rating review:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Being at Sporting CP he's doomed to stagnate at 89/90.

However' date=' if he leaves as it looks like, I believe he's 93/94 material, as long as he plays ofc.[/quote']

I generally agree.

I'm not so optimistic, but I believe if William moves to a bigger club and performs there, he can reach at least 92, one day. :)

I generally agree.

I'm not so optimistic' date=' but I believe if William moves to a bigger club and performs there, he can reach at least 92, one day. :)[/quote']

I thought of writing 92/93, but I honestly believe he can become a beast at his position if he moves to the right team with the right coach :)

I thought of writing 92/93' date=' but I honestly believe he can become a beast at his position if he moves to the right team with the right coach :)[/quote']

It isn't impossible for him to have a 93 / 94 rating, in the future.

It's not very likely, but I get what you're saying.

William is still a bit of a diamond in the rough.

For instance, if we went 10 years back in time, I think he would benefit immensely by going to Sir Alex Ferguson's Man. United.

He was an amazing manager and he could do wonders for young players' development.

One thing is sure imo: if William's career is not very affected by injuries, he can become one of the best DMs in the World, long term wise. :)