Danijel Aleksic - the next serbian wonderkid

Re: Danijel Aleksic - the next serbian wonderkid

Will Wenger lure Danijel Aleksic to Arsenal?

Arsene Wenger never stops thinking about the future and his scouting network is scouring the Earth searching for bright young talents. 17-year-old Serb Danijel Aleksic is the latest target, although Wenger faces stiff competition from big European clubs, who also have an eye on the young striker. Real Madrid, Villarreal, Hertha, Hoffenheim, Hamburg and Ajax are just some of the interested teams and we will see who Aleksic will opt to join.

Aleksic started his professional career at Vojvodina, and he became the youngest ever player in Serbian League, having been just over 16 years of age at the time of his debut. He quickly caught the eye of big European clubs with his impressive performances for Serbian Under 17 squad, and he went on playing for the U19, U21 and the senior national team in the course of one year, which is a remarkable achievement. He has already become a first team regular in Vojvodina and has amassed 27 appearances, scoring four goals in the process. Aleksic is a left-footed striker but can also play on either wing. He is a powerful striker with a great left foot and is an outstanding technician. He is very attractive player and has scored a couple of goals using his favourite scissors kick. The biggest Serbian teams, Red Star and Partizan were interested in signing him, but it soon became clear that they stand no chance of luring the youngster as clubs like Real Madrid, Arsenal, Ajax and Villarreal came calling. You be the judge if he is worth all this hype.

At this moment, half of Europe is chasing the latest sensation of Serbian football, but Arsene Wenger seems to be eager to win the race for his signature. The French manager is famous for developing young talent and he definitely has the means to persuade young Aleksic to join Gunners. Real Madrid and Villarreal have sent scouts to watch Aleksic play for the Serbian U19 side few days ago and the Spanish giants will do everything they can to convince the young Serb that his future lies in Spain. It is surprising that none of the aforementioned teams have made any official bid to attain the player’s services but with so many clubs interested in Aleksic, I am sure that his future will be decided very soon. Arsenal seem close to signing the young Serb, but should they hesitate, the other interested parties will be more than happy to act.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Danijel Aleksic 16yrs, F, 71, Vojvodina Captain of the Serbian U-17 team and beginning to get games in a team flying high in the Serbian league (2nd) - youngest player ever to appear in the Serbian S

Re: Danijel Aleksic - the next serbian wonderkid Nice goals Are all these goals in Senior games or are some Reserve games ? he so did not mean number 43 it didn't hit his head lol

Nice goals :) Are all these goals in Senior games or are some Reserve games ?

he so did not mean number 43 it didn't hit his head lol :P

Yes, every goal is from Senior games.

Well, he hit the goal with his shoulder :D

Nice goals :) Are all these goals in Senior games or are some Reserve games ?

he so did not mean number 43 it didn't hit his head lol :P

Aleksic has been playing Senior Club football since he was 15. He's the youngest player ever to debut in the Serbian SuperLiga.

No, he will def. not rise unfortunately. The thing is he and his coach don't get along that much so he hasn't been playing much lately and hasn't scored a single goal in the second half of the season. but this summer he's most likely going to transfer to a mid-table club either from Holland or Germany and get a bunch of minutes along with experience. he said he will snub contracts from Real Madrid and Arsenal because he's not ready as an 18 year old to play at such high intensity.

is he really gonna be as good as' date='lets say vidic in terms of attacking football?i might say he would make the 90 grade but maybe only unitl 92-93:D[/quote']

He's not in form as of now but the talent is there for sure. He's probably the most talented striker we've had since Mateja Kezman(During his PSV days) ;)

Aleksic is much much more technically skilled with a more variety of shots and other aspects to his game. I really think him and Ljajic are the two players that are going to make it in the long run for sure. We have many talented players that have potential of world class but Ljajic and Aleksic are two for sure :)

Ajax Join Race For Danijel Aleksic - Report

The hot prospect has attracted the interest of yet another admirer...

The impressive list of clubs keeping tabs on Serbian youngster Danijel Aleksic is still growing. According to Blic Online, Amsterdam giants Ajax are the latest side closely monitoring the striker’s situation.

The 18-year-old was already being linked with clubs such as Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Villarreal, Hertha Berlin and Hoffenheim.

Aleksic is one of the most highly rated players in Serbia at the moment and he has already played for the full national team. The youngster has been described as a versatile forward blessed with great technique.

Domestically he plays for FK Vojvodina in his home country and there were rumours that he would leave Vojvodina to sign for one of the big clubs in the country like Partizan Belgrade or Red Star.

However, that never materialised, and he now could be on his way to one of the bigger sides in Europe.

It is not known how much it would cost either of the sides mentioned to sign the youngster but more may be revealed in the next few weeks.

The wonderkid has made it clear that he prefers to join a Bundesliga or Eredivisie outfit before making the move to one of the three big leagues. Therefore, Ajax could be sitting in pole position to secure Aleksic’s services.

Stefan Coerts, Goal.com

Ajax Join Race For Danijel Aleksic - Report

The hot prospect has attracted the interest of yet another admirer...

The impressive list of clubs keeping tabs on Serbian youngster Danijel Aleksic is still growing. According to Blic Online' date=' Amsterdam giants Ajax are the latest side closely monitoring the striker’s situation.

The 18-year-old was already being linked with clubs such as Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Villarreal, Hertha Berlin and Hoffenheim.

Aleksic is one of the most highly rated players in Serbia at the moment and he has already played for the full national team. The youngster has been described as a versatile forward blessed with great technique.

Domestically he plays for FK Vojvodina in his home country and there were rumours that he would leave Vojvodina to sign for one of the big clubs in the country like Partizan Belgrade or Red Star.

However, that never materialised, and he now could be on his way to one of the bigger sides in Europe.

It is not known how much it would cost either of the sides mentioned to sign the youngster but more may be revealed in the next few weeks.

The wonderkid has made it clear that he prefers to join a Bundesliga or Eredivisie outfit before making the move to one of the three big leagues. Therefore, Ajax could be sitting in pole position to secure Aleksic’s services.

Stefan Coerts, Goal.com[/quote']

This would be a perfect move for him. Ajax is the number one club in the world at making young players into superstars. Suarez is most likely leaving this summer to a top flight club and at Ajax there's another Serbian talent there already...Miralem Sulejmani :)

They would partner up perfectly

Guest Abdel Zizi

This is coming from someone who: 1. Likes Danijel Aleksic a lot for a long time now.

2. Likes Miralem Sulejmani for even a longer time.

3. Follows the Dutch league intensively.

I hope he doesn't go to Ajax.

Ajax has been ***** for quite some time now.

In Holland, AZ, Twente and PSV are better.

Miralem Sulejmani was pure magic, but since he's been playing at Ajax, he's been poor, very poor. They've put him in the N.10 spot ( something that I loke) but he doesn't perform.

I'm afraid the same will happen with Danijel when moving to Ajax.

PSV would be perfect for him: Toivonen is the only real forward, as both Koevermans and Lazovic are utter ***** and atleast 1 of them will go.

Toivonen - Aleksic would be a festival...

Yes, I completely agree with the Sulejmani situation. He was amazing last year because him and Pranjic linked up perfectly. Also, Sulejmani played his favorite position which was: Left Winger..Ever since he came to Ajax they've kept using him as a no.10 or supporting striker behind Suarez. I mean I can't blame Ajax completely either because ever since Sulejmani came to Ajax he gained a lot of weight and wasn't taking practices seriously also not to mention he had a couple of injuries that didn't allow him to reach his fullest potential. I believe next year he will shine and stand out though.

PSV is not much better and their coach is biased as to which players he chooses to play.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Danijel Aleksic at Hertha Berlin or a mid-level club in Germany where he will get a lot of playing time.

The problem at Ajax is that the coach is an idiot. He was with the Holland NT and now with Ajax. Secondly, their defense is horrendous. The worst defense out of all the top clubs in the world without a doubt. Their offensive is very impressive though. Suarez is a really mind-boggling player. Cvitanovic, Sulejmani, Emanuelson(should be winger) and Aissati seem to be very promising players as well. Their main weakness is their defense. I think this summer ever single transfer for them should be spent on quality defenders.

Yes' date=' I completely agree with the Sulejmani situation. He was amazing last year because him and Pranjic linked up perfectly. Also, Sulejmani played his favorite position which was: Left Winger..Ever since he came to Ajax they've kept using him as a no.10 or supporting striker behind Suarez. I mean I can't blame Ajax completely either because ever since Sulejmani came to Ajax he gained a lot of weight and wasn't taking practices seriously also not to mention he had a couple of injuries that didn't allow him to reach his fullest potential. I believe next year he will shine and stand out though.

PSV is not much better and their coach is biased as to which players he chooses to play.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Danijel Aleksic at Hertha Berlin or a mid-level club in Germany where he will get a lot of playing time.

The problem at Ajax is that the coach is an idiot. He was with the Holland NT and now with Ajax. Secondly, their defense is horrendous. The worst defense out of all the top clubs in the world without a doubt. Their offensive is very impressive though. Suarez is a really mind-boggling player. Cvitanovic, Sulejmani, Emanuelson(should be winger) and Aissati seem to be very promising players as well. Their main weakness is their defense. I think this summer ever single transfer for them should be spent on quality defenders.[/quote']

Where do they play Emanuelson these days?

I was at Villa park when the Villa beat Ajax 2-1 in the Uefa cup and Emanuelson really stood out for me on the left wing. He was Ajax's most dangerous threat outshining a really poor Huntelaar

Where do they play Emanuelson these days?

I was at Villa park when the Villa beat Ajax 2-1 in the Uefa cup and Emanuelson really stood out for me on the left wing. He was Ajax's most dangerous threat outshining a really poor Huntelaar

He's like an attacking full-back but most plays left midfield or even left winger(which I believe he prospers best as)

But I think he should be moved to midfield and Sueljmani to left winger where he owned Dutch league last season.

• 2 months later...

Scored a goal today against France's U19's.

Also he scored the only goal in a friendly pre-U19 tournament against a Serbian SuperLiga club. Serbia's U-19's lost 4-1 but Aleksic scored the only goal and Ljajic assisted it.

Ljajic assisted the goal against France as well :)

Seems Aleksic has caught form which is really great :)

• 1 month later...

Serbian media is reporting that he's going to Manchester City. He's going to Manchester sometime this week for a medical and the fee is undisclosed but surely it's around 4-6 million euros if I'd have to guess.

He will most likely get loaned out to a Championship club or a lower relegation club in Holland/Germany...Not a bad move considering his relationship with managers at Vojvodina that don't allow him to play due to personal reasons. :(

I founded this:

City trial for Aleksic

Young striker handed Premier League chance

Serbian club Vojvodina have confirmed their player Danijel Aleksic is join Manchester City on a week-long trial.

The 18-year-old striker has been a long-term target of the free spending Premier League outfit, having been earmarked as a potential signing two years ago.

His parents were not keen on him travelling to England at 16 but he will now undergo a trial at Eastlands.

Aleksic will travel to Manchester just as soon as he is granted a British entry visa, with Vojvodina sports director Miodrag Pantelic confirming City's interest.

"We received an offer from Manchester City for Aleksic to spend a seven-day trial at their camp and we accepted it," Pantelic said.

"Further discussions will depend on their impression of the player. We haven't talk about any possible transfer figure yet."

Aleksic was born in Croatia in 1991 but moved to Serbia soon after.