Sign in to follow this  
eggs benedict

Value of players keeps dropping!

I bought Andre Schurrle for 18 million when chairman valuation was 17.5 million but when the transfer was completed he went down to 15.4 million.

This was a few weeks ago and it didn't matter to much because he performed well, but just recently he shot down to 12.5 million even though I play him regularly.

I also bought Gundogan fo 16 million and he went up to 17.2 million. Again, I played him regularly and he performed well but recently he shot down to 14 million.

I'm in a game world with a very strong economy and I've been winning trophies. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Re: Value of players keeps dropping!

I bought Andre Schurrle for 18 million when chairman valuation was 17.5 million but when the transfer was completed he went down to 15.4 million.

This was a few weeks ago and it didn't matter to much because he performed well' date=' but just recently he shot down to 12.5 million even though I play him regularly.

I also bought Gundogan fo 16 million and he went up to 17.2 million. Again, I played him regularly and he performed well but recently he shot down to 14 million.

I'm in a game world with a very strong economy and I've been winning trophies. Does anyone know why this is happening?[/quote']

The value of your players is proportional to their relative value to your team. in your case, when you bought Schurrle, who is 91 rated and plays 6 positions, this means that for every player you have that plays in 1 or more of those positions who is of higher or equal rating will decrease Schurrle's rating.

this is why barcelona's players are worth so little money, because messi, xavi, ramos and busquets crush the value of all the players beneath them.

In the case of gundogan, he only plays 3 positions, which means there is less opportunity for higher rated players to crush his value.

In general, flexible players are worth less money and less flexible players are worth more.

i hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

This was a few weeks ago and it didn't matter to much because he performed well' date=' but just recently he shot down to 12.5 million even though I play him regularly.

I'm in a game world with a very strong economy and I've been winning trophies. Does anyone know why this is happening?[/quote']

I've had the same thing going on with Schürrle,then i noticed he just got one year older: (birthday 6/11/1990) So that is why his value decreased

from 18 million to 15.4 million

Hi Mate,

As said previously the players value is based on the importance of the player to the team. So if for example you are really strong in the attacking area, then Schurrle will not be that indispensable from the team as he has other players that play in the same position of a higher rating so is not a key player.

As for why they decrease in rating during the season, are players value does not vary based on form (SM takes the saying form is temporary, class is permanent to heart :D). What could affect it is either you have bought a better player in a similar position or if I am right in thinking both Gundogan and Schurrle had birthday's recently (cannot be arsed to check that so I could be wrong) hence his value has dropped a wee bit as he has got older.

You may have noticed if you have a couple of players of the same rating but one is older than the other then the younger player is worth slightly more as he has more time/scope to increase potential. For example I have Nastasic, Jonny Evans, Sakho and Skrtel as my main central defenders in one of my game worlds. All of the same rating but different values due to their age.

Nastasic (20) Value = 15.1M

Evans (25) Value = 11.6M

Sakho (23) Value = 13.9M

Skrtel (28) Value = 10.4M

So the youngest player I have is worth the most, due to the fact that he has age on his side and has more time to develop and increase his rating.

I hope this helps and makes things clearer.