Advertising in Match Report???

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: the deletion of the 'match advertising' thread.. Every advert you make Every head it break Every step you take They'll be leaving you Every single day Every game we play Every Ad you say E

Re: the deletion of the 'match advertising' thread.. Here's how I see it: - First of all, perhaps it would've been wise to pitch an idea like this to first the mod team of the forum (a good link bet

Re: the deletion of the 'match advertising' thread.. Hello Chaps I am a gold member and also purchase extra club slots, I currently manager 17 teams. Over the past few months the adverts have becom

the deletion of the 'match advertising' thread..

it has come to my attention that the thread(s) discussing the recent addition of advertising prior to viewing a match have been removed/deleted.

one would have imagined that customers, especially paying clients, would be respected and entitled to a response from the company (as opposed to not only being ignored but actually having their valid complaints and concerns deleted.)

this post is written politely, does not infringe upon the terms and conditions of the forum or game, and is respectful.

dai smout

Re: the deletion of the 'match advertising' thread..

It seems to me that anything that is deemed detrimental will subsequently be removed. I find this disappointing and only highlights the concerns of many gamers, who feel there opinion regarding matters that they feel are not to there liking are being brushed under the carpet and not met head on by the Devs.

To coin a phrase I have heard used about a high street bank: "You give us umbrellas when it is sunny, yet take them back when it is raining." You need to listen to what the consumer has to say, please do not bury your heads in the sands over this and please come and talk to us about our displeasure regarding match advertising.

Re: Advertising in Match Report???

This recent 'change' seriously annoy me. What is the point of showing ads when i want to see my match report. I understand every site needs ads but to put it in match report is as wrong as it could be

This game has seriously become more and more money oriented now. Are you that poor' date='SM Developers?[/quote']

Also there is a thread recently started by Dai smout stating the previous thread regarding this issue has been removed, proves they are listening just not dignified enough to come out and talk to us about it.

As I stated in Dais's thread, they are just not willing to take it in board and do anything about it, what is even more insulting is they have the bare faced audacity to remove the original thread yet not come out and answer our critique. Utterly shameless.

Guest drseanfitz

It seems to me that anything that is deemed detrimental will subsequently be removed. I find this disappointing and only highlights the concerns of many gamers' date=' who feel there opinion regarding matters that they feel are not to there liking are being brushed under the carpet[u'] and not met head on by the Devs.[/u]

To coin a phrase I have heard used about a high street bank: "You give us umbrellas when it is sunny, yet take them back when it is raining." You need to listen to what the consumer has to say, please do not bury your heads in the sands over this and please come and talk to us about our displeasure regarding match advertising.

From when I last looked at the thread, I can't recall anything of any significance on there to warrant a deletion that hadn't already been deleted by the Dev's.

when post's/threads are trimmed, the mod team 'soft-delete' them, so that they can still be viewed/restored if need be.

Unfortunately when I went to view the 'deleted' thread I wasn't able to as somebody had hard deleted it, which is something I find very disconcerting,especially as not everyone can differentiate between Dev and mod, and I would loathe for any of the mod team to be tarred with the same brush as whoever deleted a perfectly valid thread. And I'll be honest I am currently considering going back to green from red due to some very poor forum management again by a dev

that aside, the whole advertising thing doesn't affect me much as I rarely look at match reports, but it is a huge kick in the nuts for any Gold member, and a Chinese burn to the non-golds.

Also there is a thread recently started by Dai smout stating the previous thread regarding this issue has been removed' date=' proves they are listening just not dignified enough to come out and talk to us about it.

As I stated in Dais's thread, they are just not willing to take it in board and do anything about it, what is even more insulting is they have the bare faced audacity to remove the original thread yet not come out and answer our critique. Utterly shameless.[/font']

This issue will result in cessation of any cash going SM's way from me.

No renewal this time unless this is fixed pronto.

Utter disgrace.

:mad:

Honestly I will admit that I will miss this game when its gone, the idea is brilliant but some things make me dislike it very much such as the obnoxious ads, plus threads being deleted which are about genuine concerns that will only improve the game. This game can be so much more better than it currently is.

From when I last looked at the thread' date=' I can't recall anything of any significance on there to warrant a deletion that hadn't already been deleted by the Dev's.

when post's/threads are trimmed, the mod team 'soft-delete' them, so that they can still be viewed/restored if need be.

Unfortunately when I went to view the 'deleted' thread I wasn't able to as somebody had hard deleted it, which is something I find very disconcerting,especially as not everyone can differentiate between Dev and mod, and I would loathe for any of the mod team to be tarred with the same brush as whoever deleted a perfectly valid thread. And I'll be honest I am currently considering going back to green from red due to some very poor forum management again by a dev

that aside, the whole advertising thing doesn't affect me much as I rarely look at match reports, but it is a huge kick in the nuts for any Gold member, and a Chinese burn to the non-golds.[/quote']

Well when a respected admin is considering dropping from a red back to one of "us" and not even considering the option of mod status, then this quite clearly shows a statement of intent on how even the likes of yourself are now perceiving the way your peers are blind to anything the consumer has to say.

I can't get my head around there flagrant disregard of criticism and as such I find the deleting of the original match advertising thread extremely arrogant on there part.

I wasn't aware of any thread being deleted but i actually came here to voice my opinion on the advertisements.

What other site in the world do paying members still have to put up with advertisements. Most competent websites like Spotify etc offer ADVERTISEMENT-FREE viewing for paying members - It's generally a perk of being a full/paying/gold member of a community.

I understand for non-paying members, but i honestly don't see what i'm paying my Gold subscription for anymore? Diluted Gold Championships that are 3/4 empty? Slow and poor customer service? Endless advertisements?

Guest drseanfitz

just in case anyone missed it on the deleted thread - here is the devs statement to us gameplayers

Hi Guys' date='

The current video adverts are embedding in and will change shortly so that you will be able to skip them after a few seconds if the video is something that is of no interest to you. So it will add just a few seconds to you viewing a match.

The video ads are limited to just 3 per session so you wont see them on every match report either.

We have also removed the left advert which means that you will be seeing less adverts whilst your on the site and have a better overall experience whilst browsing your clubs.[/quote']

so hopefully we are all now happy, settled and ready to watch our nice little advert's:rolleyes:

I find this quite insulting on SM's part, not only to paying customers but also to free users.

I don't mind adverts on the website (I use Adblock :D) but to have a giant advert hit you in the face when viewing your match report is a bit of a disappointment.

Guest CreekDK

just in case anyone missed it on the deleted thread - here is the devs statement to us gameplayers

so hopefully we are all now happy' date=' settled and ready to watch our nice little advert's:rolleyes:[/quote']

What a shame. This is a deal breaker for me. The ads don't even load for me on match day, which means the match reports never load.

The frustration has already lowered my interest in this game and will inevitably result in cancellation of my subscription, if this continues.

Also there is a thread recently started by Dai smout stating the previous thread regarding this issue has been removed' date=' proves they are listening just not dignified enough to come out and talk to us about it.

As I stated in Dais's thread, they are just not willing to take it in board and do anything about it, what is even more insulting is they have the bare faced audacity to remove the original thread yet not come out and answer our critique. Utterly shameless.[/font']

Wow,just know it as i only log in yesterday but what an embarrassing attitude from the Devs. It seems they can't take any critics and hardly gives a solution in forum and just give normative answer

Adverts for non gold members only. I also find these highly annoying i have a fair few teams 30 seconds per team just is too long.

exactly. i pay for this game, i dont want ads. ads for non-gold only, and even that is not really good on the match report. It shouldnt be there at all, but to do it to gold members is a toal disgrace

so glad i rarely use this site/game now (last "update" did it for me)

so i haven't payed them any money since then and gold is slowly dropping down to 0.

but this latest ad's issue is ridiculous, now i'm not too sure but from a marketing/revenue point of view but don't you recieve more cash if an advert is clicked opened than if you just have it on the page you are viewing?

if so then this is obviously why its been added to the match reports

and claiming by moving some advert from the left handside of the page is somewhat compensation to some degree for the general user is complete tosh, pretty much like the reason's that were given as to why the "last on line time" feature was removed

only to now pop back up, guess those "privacy issues" weren't too much of an issue afterall:rolleyes:

personally they should just use a feature that most online games use and have used for donkey's years(already mentioned a few times on this thread) gold no-adds, free user ads

came 2 actualy start a post 4 this then found this 1..

I am 1 of the many sad cases who hav 2 many clubs due to enjoyment of the game still.. this is a massive time consuming issue tho and 1 that would see me sack the lot off without shadow of doubt..

I hav a routine in how I work my 2 accounts n this completely ruins it..

hope it gets sorted.. this deffo could be the last straw for a lot of people imo.. its a reason I limited you tube watches because of the same pushin promo methods.. the same as why I don't bother with facebook as its a kinda resemblance to the event invites on there..

theres plenty of other methods 4 promo.. spamin us via match reports is only going to make people not want to open them and in not openin them theres no point in playin the game because they consist of your results for games..

poor choice and a form of promo rape it is..

If you as a bord of directors have decided that you will continue with "your thing" of being disgusted then why for the gods sake you don't move this "billion dollar idea" of yours for video advertisement for your normal members if you don't want to remove it at all, but you must offer the AD Free version for the gold members because at least that's why gold members are different from normal members and they pay for stuff like this, know the difference? Also that you should include to the managers that own custom GW.

P.S. As a web marketer I know your profit, but in marketing you should know one rule if you focus only in making more money then you're looking ahead in a short term beneficiary business, not sure if you want that or the way you're headed you're going to reach your destination faster than you think.

As of next month I am no longer a Gold member. No way I will continue to pay for my Gold membership if they don't even have the decency to give us paying members the option to be add-free. I advise all paying members to do the same, maybe if they start losing paying members they'll realize what a huge mistake they made.