Advertising in Match Report???

Gozzy

Re: the deletion of the 'match advertising' thread..

I can't even view the match reports any more, I just get the match report pop-over window with a small box saying "advertisement". No videos load, just sits there doing nothing - great addition to the game!

I don't even mind having to have video ads, as a non-paying player, ironically, as long as they don't interfere with actually playing the game.)

I reckon SM are working on a way to hide the match statistics so no-one has any proof of how awful the match engine is any more ;)

(Btw, play via web browser on ipad, have several different browsers and same results on all of them, no ad videos, no match report.)

Adblock is doing its job for me :). No real problems...just a short delay of a couple of seconds before match appears...

That being said, I totally agree that Gold members should at the very LEAST, have an Ad free option!

I can't even view the match reports any more' date=' I just get the match report pop-over window with a small box saying "advertisement". No videos load, just sits there doing nothing - great addition to the game!

I don't even mind having to have video ads, as a non-paying player, ironically, as long as they don't interfere with actually playing the game.)

I reckon SM are working on a way to hide the match statistics so no-one has any proof of how awful the match engine is any more ;)

(Btw, play via web browser on ipad, have several different browsers and same results on all of them, no ad videos, no match report.)[/quote']

Same problem here.

I play the game on my samsung mobile and when i open match report, there is just a small box saying "advertisement" .

This makes determining the result in connect GWs more difficult, specially the goal-scorers and MotMs.

Advertisements instead of view match?

I just logged on to view my matches from last night and now it appears the already annoying blank advertisement screen is the only thing I can get up when attempting to view the matches!

It was a ball ache before when it popped up just the once but it's the only thing now!

This game is going down the pan a little too fast in the last few months...gonna review whether to renew when my time is up!

Re: Advertisements instead of view match?

Totally Agree !!! I know they have to make money for a living, but this is just Pathetic !

They have spoilt the best bit of the game for me, as in watching the game unfold. I give up pressing back and then trying again. I just go to the division's and look for result's on there. To me that spoils the game, no way as good that way !

So SM, LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU THE MONEY, YOU HAVE TO ALTER THIS, CAUSE IT HAS LOST THE THRILL OF WATCHING THE GAME IN LIVE PLAY. UNLESS YOU WATCH SOME RUBBISH ADVERTISEMENT'S, WHICH VERY FEW IS GONNA BUY.

Also, SM, do you think it is right for kids to watch GAMBLING ADVERT'S and also half naked girls on dating sites! That surely must be against the advertisement's rules , to show them to kids !!!

The beginning of the end for many.

BAD MOVE SM!

Agreed' date=' and the game has been going this way for a while, especially with the spamming of new gold worlds recently.

Far too many flaws in the game now, it's all directed towards paying for everything with very little feedback or acknowledgement from those above. I certainly won't be renewing my gold membership either. [/font']

Hi, I have been reading these forums for a while, and playing SM for a couple of years now, and have been a gold member for most of that time, as someone who enjoys the game, I find paying a bit of money in to help keep it running is a good idea.

I am however VERY disappointed that as a gold member I am now expected to go through a 30+ second wait (My internet connection is very poor) just to see some statistics on the previous match.

The site as it is, is rather ad-heavy but generally doesn't impact its enjoyability, however this new ad routine on the match results screen does.

I agree with some posters that Gold/Paying members shouldn't have to view these adverts, generally sites exclude these kind of adverts to paying customers even if they market it as an incentive, but also to generally ensure their paying experience is as pleasurable as possible, this is to maintain repeat custom.

This addition if I am honest is a pain, is it enough to make me want to NOT renew my gold membership, to be honest possibly YES.

I don't think Gold Membership gives you that much in the way of additional benefits anymore, now having to have adverts thrust upon me in this way really makes me consider what I am paying for.

Another thought is that should free members be made to watch the adverts. The Yes argument is that this way SM makes some money for running costs from people freeloading on this service, these people aren't customers so essentially have no rights.

On the other hand this will make their experience a pain and they will eventually leave, meaning that us paying customers have less competition, which risks our long time game worlds disappearing.

Personally I think this is a bad move on SM's part, I hope for my continued enjoyment that they remove it for Gold members asap.

Shameful SM!

Why would anyone want to continually annoy their customers? SM have made a long list of bad decisions over the last few years BUT this is the worst.

One of my friends in a GW I'm in is packing up at the end of the season, he just can't put up with it anymore. I have already ditched my GOLD & am reducing GW even before this shameless fiasco. :( Shameful....

Right here's a little addition to the post I created here....my original post states I can only see a blank advertisement screen and nothing happens....this is on my iPad but when I go onto my computer the same advertisement screen comes up but the advert begins and after about 30 seconds I can then view the game!

Two issues here....

1 - are the adverts/game view not compatible with iPad now?

2 - the adverts are still spoiling the footballing factor!

I am NOT gonna renew my gold status again and that's for sure!

Listen up SM team you're screwing up big time with all these changes!

I am finding zero positive posts on these new changes!

Incredible.

If I wouldn't be paying for this game...ok.

The problem is that I am a gold manager and so I am paying to manage my favourite teams. At least get the commercials out for the gold managers.

I have over 10 team at the moment. This means I have to view the commercial over 10 times so I can view my results.

Totally dissapointing.

I agree with what people are saying...this is negativity of the highest order i am a gold member with 20 teams and am not going to sit and watch all these rediculous ads...it is impossible it looks like i will have delete all of my teams but one and no more gold membership.......Who thought this up..goodby...Badbrian:mad:

The ads are getting a bit out of hand, 2 on the homepage, 3 when you sign into your club , why the need for the 30 second advert on the scorecentre is beyond me its just greed, pure and simple, I wrote on another thread but somehow it got deleted. :rolleyes:

I guess it must be delete the thread and the complaints will just go away.

I know adverts are a necessary evil nowadays, but surely there were enough advertising opportunities being used before the additional advert on the scorecentre, the adverts on the scorecentre are not even Ipad friendly thus meaning you just get a black box that doesn't even open after you wait past the 30 seconds, so no scorecentre for Ipad users.

If this game was a free service then it could be understandable to have to add more adverts to increase revenue but you have the same ad filled nonsense for paying and non paying customers, so basically we paying to see adverts you are getting paid for.Gold membership is offering less and less benefits by the day, trust me if you done a survey/poll about how happy you are with the service you are receiving from soccer manager for your gold membership fee I reckon it would be between dissatisfied to fairly dissatisfied, that is irregardless of the new additional advert on the scorecentre.

Take a look at yourself SM as day by day you are ruining what was a good product.

Re: Advertising in Match Report???

They are everywhere' date=' even when I'm looking at other people matches...[/quote']

This is what I find extremely infuriating, bad enough we have to endure it on our own games but for it to occur on other games we choose to watch is definitely advertising overkill at it's most shameless. The forced ads approach for me is totally unacceptable.