Sign in to follow this  
Gozzy

Advertising in Match Report???

Re: the deletion of the 'match advertising' thread..

I found a way to stop the black screen when viewing previous results, you dont even need adblock for this.

In Firefox, right click on view match, then open in new tab.

enjoy it cause they will probably update this soon.

I found a way to stop the black screen when viewing previous results' date=' you dont even need adblock for this.

In Firefox, right click on view match, then open in new tab.

enjoy it cause they will probably update this soon.[/quote']

I actually found that out too, but didn't want to disclose it, just in case SM push it to the limits and pops up even if I open it in a new tab.

I actually found that out too' date=' but didn't want to disclose it, just in case SM push it to the limits and pops up even if I open it in a new tab.[/quote']

Should I remove this now? I just thought I should help but maybe people already know this.

Should I remove this now? I just thought I should help but maybe people already know this.

nah, no need to.

you are the good guy, I am the selfish one. :o

just hope SM removes the ads and not push it further, maybe it will happen when you click on the player's data :eek:

nah' date=' no need to.

you are the good guy, I am the selfish one. :o

just hope SM removes the ads and not push it further, maybe it will happen when you click on the player's data :eek:[/quote']

Yeh that would be hell. It should be definitely removed for gold members, you can not go any lower than making your gold members see ads.

Match Advertising ?? :X

DEAR SM,

I am a Gold Member, Why do I have to face lengthy ads to see my match report, I am a Gold Member for the second straight year ?

I did not purchase GM to be delayed by an advertisement to see my match results..

If this is the case, I will think twice before I want to upgrade.

Please do understand, we are players encouraging SM by buying GM but you cant show ads during match results..

I'm not telling you not to advertise, but why make us go through that pointless painful 30 seconds to see a result ??

I thought they'd reversed the change and removed the adverts - I can now view the match results as before' date=' no hint of video adverts in sight.

That said, my last match was a day or two ago, and I couldn't originally see it because of the ads, so perhaps the adverts only appear when viewing the match results just after they happen?

I've got a match tomorrow night, I'll see if I get any ads before I can view the match result, or if I'm still "ad free"

Just for info, playing on iPad, dolphin browser, non-gold member.[/quote']

Just to confirm, no ads for the match result tonight, straight in to the result centre.

Yeh that would be hell. It should be definitely removed for gold members' date=' you can not go any lower than making your gold members see ads.[/quote']

well, they did change the ads to the "new tabs" heh

but at least there is a "X" for you to close it.

well' date=' they did change the ads to the "new tabs" heh

but at least there is a "X" for you to close it.[/quote']

You know what, that's just the final nail in the coffin. I want everyone to see this, cause its only took them 9 hours to change this, maybe even less. What a joke. Act with your wallet.

Re: Advertising in Match Report???

You said

20 Nov 2013 21:37:37

Area of operation affected: Match Day

Club Affected: All

User Agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.57 Safari/537.36

I am a PAID gold member, and yet I am forced to watch advertisements in order to see my results???

Either refund my money, or don't force me to watch adverts as a paid member.

Soccer Manager said Soccer Manager said

21 Nov 2013 11:55:23

Hi M,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have now reviewed this ticket and believe that there is no reported bug.

The game is 100% free to play and it is predominantly funded by advertisements. Without advertisements we would have to make it a subscription based game. Therefore all of the adverts will remain on the site. Any thing that has been purchased is an add on.

Due to this we are now closing this ticket.

Regards

Soccer Manager

Player in one of my Gw's asked me to make representations on here as he is not on the forum.

He hates & despises the way SM are using the advert on match reports & will never "use" an advert on SM again. He also asked for his name to be used .... "Graham Ward" ...... SM can look him up if they want. It is his real name..... OK done!

I dont know why this is happening, YOu purchase Gold Manager to see advertisements??

I'm not able to set tactics..

I'm never going to renew my gold manager,

IF the ads dont go , I will quit SM soon.

well i could just be seeing what i want to see here and there could be another explanation for it but since the "adverts" have been added to the match reports the "reserved teams" in gold champs have plummeted before ad's were added still wasn't that impressive but was pretty steady averaging between 50-60 took, higher if it was like a marker number, since they've been added the last two have gone through with 25 and 28 teams reserved hopefully this will continue or even get worse so they actually get the message that its totally out of order to do this

Just asked myself why they should do something so silly & Customer Offensive & it occured to me it might not be pure greed BUT desperation??? SM so desperately in need of cash ... could it be???

Easily over 100,000 setups, I dont think so :P

According to checkwebsiteprice' date=' they make $418 a day from the ads, no wonder they want to increase them even more.[/quote']

Oooops it is greed then, but can they still make money without customers, it's a growing trend from people I know / knew ...

Feeling a little conned as a paying gold member. Wondering if there is any incentive anymore. Gold championships have become garbage, after 1 season they are dead. so surely a better way of increasing revenue is add the on/off feature to these ridiculous ads. Include in gold memberships or for a 1 off fee. Already causing site and server lag on match days.

Been playing since 2008 and haven't seen any real change to the actual game. Cosmetic features have changed but so what they largely been pointless. Mobile version still sayin beta version so still quite poor but not hopeful on the final version as looks garbage on any decent smart phone and too clunky for the iPhone. The game has also went out of date to compete with most football sims because of.

If the game re-invest revenue and actually improve the game for the better then il be happy but not hopeful after playing for 5 years. Damn think I'd be happy if they just used the money to pay someone who will be dedicated in updating player ratings and teams lol. If someone gets paid for that already then they really should be sacked IMO

Been playing this game for the past 5 years on and off and I have always had a strong dislike for the people behind the game. Why I don't know, they just seem completely out of touch with what is wanted by their customers.

This latest revelation is on another level and makes the game pretty unplayable for me. Well its been a good ride guys but i'm retiring for playing SM.

Does SM get money for us lot attending the forum? If they do i'll be leaving here too.

Is this the video ad before the report appears? It can be skipped after 5 secs can't it?

Its annoying but 5 secs isn't going to kill you.

The annoying thing is that sometimes it takes ages for the actual ad to load.

anyway, that isn't the point mate. the point is that you click on that to view your match report which used to literally take roughly 5 seconds to do, now it can take up to a minute in my case as for some reason the ad sometimes seem to have trouble loading. I also am having trouble with viewing match reports on my phone as the ad just doesn't load on that, but maybe that's just my phone.

even if the ad load quickly for you, they still shouldn't really be putting ads in that place. They have plenty of room elsewhere and there is no need to put it onto a vital part of the game, in which doing so slows down the game and makes it very very annoying.