Help - Need to beat 4-2-3-1

Hi - I have tried numerous formations to try and beat the 4-2-3-1 formation. I have a few games coming up soon against teams likely to play this. I have tried 4-5-1 with forward arrows on wingers with a couple of victories and a couple of narrow defeats.

Have also tried 4-3-3 wingers & 4-5-1 defensive. Have noticed other teams have used 4-2-2-2 with one team winning and another team drawing.

Can anyone offer any advice asap as I have an important match coming up on Wednesday.

Many thanks

Re: Help - Need to beat 4-2-3-1

Hi - I have tried numerous formations to try and beat the 4-2-3-1 formation. I have a few games coming up soon against teams likely to play this. I have tried 4-5-1 with forward arrows on wingers with a couple of victories and a couple of narrow defeats.

Have also tried 4-3-3 wingers & 4-5-1 defensive. Have noticed other teams have used 4-2-2-2 with one team winning and another team drawing.

Can anyone offer any advice asap as I have an important match coming up on Wednesday.

Many thanks

Try simple 5-3-2, mate, with midfielders on the flanks. It works for me almost everytime.

Hi Mate - Tried 5-3-2 again but this time was really lucky to draw 2-2. Playing with the following:

Tackling: Normal

Passing: Direct

Tempo: Fast

Mentality: Attacking

Attacking Style: Through the middle

Pressing: All Over

Using Counter Attack, Playmaker, Offside & Target Man.

Cheers

Dax

Hi Mate - Tried 5-3-2 again but this time was really lucky to draw 2-2. Playing with the following:

Passing: Direct

Mentality: Attacking

Attacking Style: Through the middle

Pressing: All Over

Using Counter Attack' date=' Playmaker, Offside & Target Man.

Cheers

Dax[/quote']

Passing: Mixed

Mentality: Normal

Attacking Style: Mixed

Pressing: Own Half

Tight Marking + Men Behind Ball (and if you really want, use playmaker your best A/CM)

I have noticed lately that 5-4-1 works very well against it' date='my weaker WBA team drew away to Spurs (who played 4-2-3-1) and,we should won... Playing another 4-2-3-1 tonight,I will post how we get on here..[/quote']

Beat two more teams away by playing 5-4-1 against 4-2-3-1,just don't play attacking!

Cheers still_sylv your tactics were spot on and I managed to beat the team currently top in my league 1-0 away with more possession.

Do you use the same tactics for 5-3-2 for all the formations you use? It's just that I normally use the tactics I've already mentioned for any formation I use.

Cheers

Dax