Sign in to follow this  
thecharrua

Minimum transfer fee - overiding it

Hi

This is a long shot but I've noticed some managers are putting ridiculous minimum fees for players, meaning we can't bid for them at all. I'd like to bid max £13m for Arbeloa but a manager has put up a min fee of £30m! :eek: Theres many more examples of this greed.

I know you can email the manager a price but it would be nice if we were still able to bid through the transfer engine, without having to email, and put in a reason for the lower bid (ie. Player valuation excessive, Player too old, etc) which could get the managers' attention and make them reconsider the fee. Emailing them just seems a little 'desperate' and doing it through the transfer engine seems a better and more professional way of communication.

I know this won't change but it would be nice.

Re: Minimum transfer fee - overiding it

That is the whole reason the Min Transfer Fee was introduced for a manager to say an acceptable offer for there player to potentially stop lots of undervalued bids coming in.

I mean his value and your value might be two seperate valuations but the only way your going to get your player is by negotiating and this won't change in the future.

SM already has values assigned to players and a chairman will prevent any bids under this being accepted (which also prevents cheating).

The minimum fee just allows managers to ruin the game with hugely inflated prices preventing you to put even a bid in.

You've missed the point. The chairman has already set a minimum fee. Allowing a manager to do so with hugely inflated prices just ruins the game. The transfer engine should still allow you put in a bid with a reason, thats my point.

Negotiating with a manager most of whom are school/college kids isn't really feasible in most cases. They just want big cash to live this fantasy of buying Messi and Falcao!

both sides for argument is valid.

1) Yes it is true, if you cannot meet the minimum valuation of the current manager, then look somewhere else, buy the next rising star. You cannot get instant success over a few weeks. In the past, I had a bid to buy David Silva, 1 of my key players, the amount was almost as good as spending what is left a club's bank. I was reluctant to sell a key player, but the money was too good and it was probably a good time to give my youngsters a chance and rebuild.

2) Yes it is valid that any manager should be able to table a bid for any player, that is provided you submit a reasonable amount. I get tired of managers bidding the lowest possible amount on a player, hell I would rather sell the player back to his current real life club, at least they a "reasonable" deal. Don't get me wrong, in some gameworld cash has very little significance, managers tend to cling on to their players because they cannot replace them easily.

TL;DR: if you cannot pay for the minimum price, look for alternatives or get the young ones.

I do that in some of my teams. I don't like it when I log in and have 30 bids for Cristiano and 15 for other players. If I want to sell my players, I will put them on the transfer market. If I have a big minimum fee, it means I don't want to sell that player for a lower price. Or you can set your players to unavailable. Are you gonna argue with that option too? :rolleyes: