The Forum Rumour Thread

Bobo

The Forum Rumour Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, very handy, I love keeping up to date in football news ect...
    • It's not bad, not a complete waste of time...
    • No, not useful, who is Bobo? He must be mad! :)
    • Simply a complete waste of time...

do u think that this was a smart play from the argentine?

please give me your opinions(sorry bobo but i wanted to put this here so that people could notice it while reading your great rumours) :D

personally think he wasnt ever great for argentina, is great at villareal because hes the star, hes the main man. doesnt seem to work well with other world class players.

From Sky Sports... Some Entertainment..

For a player whose style could be best summed up by the adjectives 'industrious' and, at best, 'no-nonsense', Gareth Southgate has always had the ability to surprise with an imaginative turn of phrase.

This is of course the man who produced the most cutting indictment of Sven Goran Eriksson's reign as England boss by explaining that at half-time of the 2002 World Cup quarter final against Brazil "We [England] were expecting Winston Churchill and instead got Iain Duncan Smith." Now the new Middlesbrough boss has called to mind another British institution (following Churchill of course, not IDS - the politician who makes Alan Shearer look charismatic). In revealing his decision to make Jonathan Woodgate captain of Boro, his hometown club, for Saturday's game against Bolton, Southgate invoked the spirit of a tracksuit-attired, jewellery-drenched figure of ridicule who belongs to a bygone era. No, not Ron Atkinson, but the legend that is Sir Jimmy Saville.

"When I told him his eyes lit up," revealed Southgate. "It's obviously a boyhood dream come true and I was glad to be able to 'Jim'll Fix It' for him." However Back of the Net seriously doubts whether little Jonny, in his early years on Teesside, ever wrote a letter to the silver-haired entertainer that contained the plea; 'Please let my career at Real Madrid be ravaged by injuries to the extent that I have to play in the same team as Massimo Maccarone.'

Let me entertain you...

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho may be at the cutting edge of footballing excellence, but his taste in music clearly leaves a lot to be desired. The Portuguese boss, who likes to make a big song and dance whenever he feels his beloved Blues have been wronged, has shed a disturbing insight into his personal life in an interview with Portuguese magazine Maxima. As well as explaining his outdated tastes in the world of pop music, Mourinho also revealed that everything Canadian songster Bryan Adams does, he does it for Blues.

"I'm still a bit in the Seventies and Eighties - Sting, Bryan Adams, Genesis, Pink Floyd," explained Jose. "I know the ones who come to football - Bryan Adams, pining for Chelsea, phoning to give his congratulations or wish good luck. Not to my phone because he doesn't have the number, but to my spokesperson to whom he gives messages for me about the game."

However one man who has got a bit closer to Mourinho's circle of trust is British star, and Port Vale shareholder, Robbie Williams. The former Take That singer is apparently chummy with the Chelsea chief, with Jose stating: "Robbie Williams, when he stays in London, stays at the same hotel where we stay. We meet, we chat." This previously hidden relationship has led Back of the Net to ponder whether Robbie was aware of Jose's desire to tear up the footballing map in England a full five years before he moved to Stamford Bridge, when he released his album titled 'The Ego Has Landed'.

Oh Ballacks...

Another heartwarming story has emerged from Stamford Bridge over the past week, with Michael Ballack, he of the £130,000 per week wage, complaining that he can't afford a house in London. The unlucky soul, who is captain of Germany, has unceremoniously been forced to rent in England's capital as he was unable to stump up for a £4 million mansion in Surrey, according to the Daily Star. "London is extremely expensive," Ballack moaned to a German newspaper. "It's better to rent. My family and I have found a house in Wimbledon." However the impoverished midfielder has found one way to cut costs, as he explained after bemoaning the number of speed cameras on England's roads. "Luckily I have found out where they [speed cameras] all are near me." If this human tragedy is forced to continue then it's only a matter of time before he starts dodging fares on the underground.

End of the affair...

Few would have Tony 'Donkey' Adams down as an old romantic, apart from the time he somehow snared model Caprice in the most unlikely relationship since Sven and Ulrika, but the former England defender has explained his current footballing situation in very loving terms. "Arsenal are like an old girlfriend who you sometimes keep an eye on but I have a new wife now in Portsmouth," said the Pompey assistant manager in The Sun. "I wish Arsenal good luck and the new wife can be a pain in the a*** sometimes!"

NEWS UPDATE

76056.jpg

(tension piling on poor Blackwell :()

SKY BLUES BOSS BACKS BLACKWELL

Coventry manager Micky Adams sympathised with under-fire counterpart Kevin Blackwell after the Sky Blues piled more misery on Leeds with a 1-0 win.

Leeds' third successive defeat and their fifth in eight Championship games this season condemned them to their lowest league position since August 1985 to leave fans again calling for Blackwell's head.

Chants of 'Blackwell, time to go' echoed around the stadium in the closing stages when it became apparent that Stern John's 25th-minute strike would prove to be the decisive moment of the match.

Adams said: "It's not nice. It hurts. It's Kevin's time now but it could be me next week. I've had it at other clubs and it's a horrible feeling.

"A football manager is a 24-hour job and when things like that happen it affects you, your family and everyone around you. All I can do is wish him and Leeds all the best."

On the game itself Adams was delighted to extend his side's unbeaten home record this season.

"It's a fantastic three points and a fantastic win. We played particularly well in the first half and really set our stall out. I don't think anyone can deny us this win.

"It was a fantastic goal. We are a very good side when we get the ball down and play and I'm delighted with the goal we scored."

Leeds manager Blackwell had little to say but insisted it could have been a different game had Geoff Horsfield taken his chance early in the second half.

"Yes it's another defeat and that's what the record books will show but we can take encouragement from our second-half performance.

"Had Geoff Horsfield scored when he was through one on one then it could have been a different story, but as on many occasions this season it just wasn't our day."

Hargreaves suffers suspected broken leg

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves suffered a suspected broken left leg during Bayern Munich's Bundesliga match against Armenia Bielefeld this afternoon.

He was carried off the pitch after 24 minutes and was expected to have a scan. However Bayern admitted they thought his fibula may have been snapped in a tackle with Bielefeld's Thorben Marx.

Hargreaves was a summer target of Manchester United but Bayern refused to sell the 25-year-old.

Bayern boss Felix Magath confirmed: 'We fear he might have broken his left fibula. I think he will be X-rayed.'

If the injury is confirmed as a break - and Bayern painted a gloomy picture of the situation tonight - Hargreaves will be forced to miss England's Euro 2008 qualifiers against Macedonia and Croatia next month.

His absence would pose a problem for new England head coach Steve McClaren, who has seen Hargreaves establish himself in central midfield and win over the many doubters who claimed he was not international class.

Hargreaves has played his best football for England in the past three months and his presence in a defensive midfield role has freed up Steven Gerrard to move to the right side, where the Liverpool captain has flourished.

Michael Carrick could be asked to replace Hargreaves, or Gerrard may even have to return to the centre for the October double-header.

However the knee injury sustained by Aaron Lennon, which requires surgery, means the Tottenham player will certainly miss the qualifiers and he would have been the most logical replacement for Gerrard on the right.

McClaren may find there is a case for recalling former captain David Beckham if he desires an experienced substitute for Hargreaves in the squad. Beckham, 31, has stated his determination to win back his England place, having so far been omitted by McClaren.

As well as denying Bayern a key man for their domestic and European campaigns, a broken leg may also force United to abandon their plans to try again for Hargreaves in January.

United made their interest clear last month as they looked to bring a ball-winning midfielder to Old Trafford.

Hargreaves admitted he was flattered yet Bayern vowed they would not sell. Hargreaves is under contract with the German club until 2010.

United have admitted that they will be quick to act during the next transfer window should Bayern show any interest in selling a player who came through their youth ranks and has never played in the Premiership.

i cant tell you if this is true or not, i personally dont believe it is..

I don't know how many people have seen the advert today for The News Of The World that claims that tomorrow it will reveal that Arsenal will sign a world cup star in a transfer that will rock the world.

The Sunday rag claims that the news will rock the world when the Gunners capture the signature of a world cup star.

Well Vital Arsenal has it on good authority that the player in question is none other than Zinedine Zidane.

Look at the evidence;

The player is a world cup star. Zidane is one of the biggest names in world football.

The transfer will shock the world, I mean who wouldn't be shocked by Zidane coming out of retierment to play for Arsenal?

The transfer window is closed and Zidane is the only star of the world cup in the position to join a club as he currently is not under contract.

You heard it here first.

And while im giving news...

Fabregas signed an 8 year deal with Arsenal.. cant find it on any sites though..

Saturday 16th rumours..

I know Today us the 17th, and todays rumours will soon come - but i forgot of yesterday :o

Juventus duo David Trezequet and Mauro Camoranesi say they want to leave the Serie B club in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson could replace Bruce Arena as coach of the United States. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham winger Julian Gray is wanted by Charlton. (Daily Mirror)

More to follow from the later editions.

OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien says the club must die for the cause in their clash with Liverpool on Sunday. (The Sun)

Former Arsenal midfielder Jose Antonio Reyes says Ashley Cole showed "evil intentions" in criticising the Gunners after his move to Chelsea. (Daily Star)

17th September...

Manchester United will complete the signing of Spanish striker Fernando Torres next summer, after Atletico Madrid reduced his buy-out clause. (The People)

Chelsea, Inter Milan and Barcelona are chasing Brazilian and Porto star Anderson. (News of the World)

Portsmouth and Wolves want to sign Aston Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie on loan. (The People)

Lyon and France left-back Eric Abidal is wanted by Arsenal as the long-term replacement for Ashley Cole. (News of the World)

Aston Villa will make a new £4m bid for Newcastle midfielder James Milner in the January transfer window. (News of the World)

Birmingham striker Mikael Forssell will demand a move from the club in January if he cannot get a first-team place. (Various)

Arsenal are keen on Southampton star Gareth Bale. (The League Paper)

OTHER GOSSIP

Jamie Redknapp has rejected the chance to manage former club Bournemouth. (The People, Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says he wants to stay at Old Trafford for another two years. (Various)

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd is set to launch a £20m lawsuit against the Football Association following Michael Owen's serious injury at the World Cup. (Various)

The consortium aiming to buy West Ham want Portugal manager Phil Scolari to be their new boss. (The People)

Arsenal's biggest shareholder Danny Fiszman says the club is not for sale. (Sunday Mirror)

The takeover bid for West Ham has stalled after chairman Terence Brown demanded £104m. (News of the World)

Former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, ex Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann and former Argentina manager Jose Pekerman are on the shortlist for the United States job. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien is set to earn a pay rise after the completion of his second season at the club which will take him to around £60,000 a week. (The People)

The broken leg suffered by Owen Hargreaves on Saturday could lead to David Beckham's recall to the national side. (Sunday Mirror)

Lord Sebastian Coe, who is the head of Fifa's anti-corruption watchdog, wants to restore football's credibility among the fans. (Sunday Telegraph)

FUNNIES

Arsenal midfielder Julio "The Beast" Baptista has done his hard-man reputation no good at all by saying that he still lives with his mum, Wilma. (News of the World)

Manchester City striker Paul Dickov has admitted that his attritional style of play has led his children to ask him: "Why are you like that? Why are you so aggressive?" (Mail on Sunday)

18th

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has revealed he has already agreed a fee to buy Jonathan Woodgate from Real Madrid. (The Sun)

Ex-Celtic striker Chris Sutton's potential move to Aston Villa is being hindered by his recuperation from a hernia operation. (Daily Mail)

Sheffield United are trying to sign free agent Paul Gerrard, who left Nottingham Forest last season, to solve their goalkeeping problem. (Various)

Ex-Middlesbrough midfielder Doriva is being targeted by Bolton, Wigan and Portsmouth. (Daily Mail)

Bolton are ready to let former England goalkeeper Ian Walker go out on loan. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham will not get the England recall he desperately wants. (The Sun)

Beckham was so distressed at giving up the England captaincy that he was physically sick after he made the announcement. (Daily Mirror)

England boss Steve McClaren may try to persuade Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes to come out of international retirement. (Various)

Liverpool's Jermaine Pennant will receive his first England call-up as a replacement for the injured Aaron Lennon for next month's Euro 2008 qualifiers. (Daily Star)

Meanwhile, McClaren left a brief message on Sol Campbell's answerphone to let him know he had been dumped. (The Sun)

France boss Raymond Domenech has said he has total backing from other national coaches over his decision to call up Claude Makelele, despite the Chelsea midfielder wanting to retire from the international scene - and Blues boss Jose Mourinho being unhappy with the move. (Daily Express)

Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack apologised to Liverpool's Mohamed Sissoko after the German was dismissed for a stamp on his opponent. (Various)

Former Derby boss Phil Brown is the favourite to become Bournemouth manager after the departure of Sean O'Driscoll. Ex-Liverpool star Jamie Redknapp, who started his career at Bournemouth, turned down the chance to manage the club. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ridiculed Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's suggestion that the Gunners are a team in transition. (Various)

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace wants to bring in a director of football - with Mick Wadsworth, who is currently coaching at Gretna, the shock target. (Daily Mirror)

Best of the Weekend

Player of the Weekend - Paul Scharner

Excellent display from Wigan's Austrian international. He was playing out of position in midfield but showed he is more than capable of doing so at Goodison Park as he fired in two outstanding goals to spoil Everton's day.

Goal of the Weekend - Didier Drogba

A wonderful finish from the Ivory Coast striker, which was good enough to win any game. He turned on the edge of the area before unleashing an unstoppable left footed volley past Pepe Reina in the Liverpool goal.

Pass of the Weekend - Cesc Fabregas

The genius of the young Spaniard continues to amaze and his through ball for Emmanuel Adebayor's winner at Old Trafford was sensational. He robbed Cristiano Ronaldo before progressing and threading a perfect ball into the path of the Togolese striker.

Game of the Weekend - Manchester United v Arsenal

A wonderful advert for Premiership football as Arsenal bounced back to form with a great win at Manchester United, with Adebayor's late goal sealing victory after Gilberto had earlier missed a penalty for The Gunners.

Save of the Weekend - Thomas Sorensen

The Aston Villa keeper excelled all afternoon but saved his best for last with an instintive and world class stop in pushing out Malkay MacKay's goalbound effort.

Miss of the Weekend - Yakubu Aiyegbeni

The Nigerian was a threat all day but he missed a wonderful chance to win the game for Boro at Bolton. Jason Euell sent him clear and with only Jaaskelainen to beat he lifted the ball high and wide.

Gaffe of the Weekend - Scott Carson

The Charlton keeper had been solid throughout their game with Portsmouth but he let himself down 13 minutes from time when he allowed Tresor Lomana Lua Lua's late shot to sneak past him into the corner when he got a good hand to it.

Moment of the Weekend - Woodgate captain

After the game at Bolton, Jonathan Woodgate admitted it was one of his proudest moments in football as he captained his hometown club Middlesbrough on only his second appearance for the club.

Chelsea in hunt for 'new Ronaldinho'

Chelsea are still in the running to sign Brazilan wonderkid Anderson - who has denied striking an agreement with Barcelona.

Head of Recruitment at Stamford Bridge, Frank Arnesen, was despatched to watch Porto play against CSKA Moscow last week, and the focus of his attentions was on the richly talented 18-year-old.

Barcelona are confident they will sign the South American - who has been likened to Ronaldinho, but comments from Anderson will give Chelsea hope of luring him to Stamford Bridge from Porto.

"Really at the moment I only want to be with Porto to help the team in the league and the Champions League, but it is normal that I think about my future," he told Sport TV1.

"Directly no director has spoken with me about a possible transfer but honestly I would be a liar if I said I did not want to play for one of the super-club's in Europe."

"Porto is a great club, but any player would desire to be at Chelsea or Barca at anytime of his life," he added.

LOL! - Theo Walcott's 2006 World Cup Diary...

What I did on my summer holiday

By Theo Walcott Esq. aged 8 1/2

I went to a place called Germany with my Uncle Sven and some other

grown up's. It is a country in Europe where a bad man called Adolf used

to live with his nazties, he does not live there anymore, Uncle Owen does

live there, and the grown up's say I cant talk about the bad man as it will

make Uncle Owen cry if I do. In Germany there are lots of castles and

some mountains. We are staying in a place called Baden Baden that's a

silly name, Uncle Frank has the same name as his dad, that's silly too, his

mum must get their underpants mixed up all the time. On the aeroplane

Uncle Sol sat next to me, he got me some toffee and wants to be my

friend, he works at the place where I do my YTS, so does Uncle

Freddy but him and Uncle Sol are not best friends anymore.

Uncle Owen met us at the airport, he talks foreign, Uncle Wayne, Uncle

Steven and Uncle David also talk funny, my mum says Uncle David talks

like Orville, he is a duck, Uncle Sol say's uncle David wears dresses and

knickers, and asked me if I had ever worn them. Uncle Sol got me some

pop. In Germany the grown ups are going to play football, my grandad

says we beat them in the olden days before my mum was born. That is a

long time ago. While the grown up's went to play football so I went

shopping with Auntie Vicky and some other girls she bought me a big ice

cream and got herself a little one but she said she was full before she had

eaten any and threw it away. She bought lots of shoes and handbags and

let me play with Brooklyn. She say's she used to be in a pop band and sang

me one of her songs, I think she was telling fibs. I told Uncle Sol about my day

out with Vicky and he sulked, then he bought me an even bigger ice cream with

lots of hundred's & thousands on it. All the other grown up's have a girlfriend

except Uncle Sol so he plays with me while they go out. Uncle Sven says I must

keep Uncle Sol happy, that's why I got taken on holiday. The grown up's went to

play Football against somebody called Sweden, Uncle Sol was crying as Uncle Freddy

played for them and would not talk to him. Uncle Sol bought me lots of toffee today

and some crisps. Uncle Sven is from Sweden and I heard him on the phone to their

boss last night. Uncle Michael hurt his knee and had to go home to his mum for a plaster.

Uncle Peter is a giant, a proper giant like you see in books, he is rubbish at football

though.

Uncle Wayne had a sore toe at the start of our holiday but it got better so they let him play

football. Uncle Sol got me a present but I do not like it. He says all Germans wear leather

underpants and I should while we are here, they are too tight for me.

All the grown up's started to call Uncle Wayne a potato head who stood on somebodys spuds.

He got shouted at by the referee. They are all saying that we have to go home now. Uncle Sol

was crying again and I had to sit on his knee to make him stop. He had his mobile phone in his

pocket, I think.

Another LOL!!! Ronaldo & Rooney joke...

Out on her royal yacht the Queen was enjoying the sea air when she spied a man in the water off the port bow - clearly being menaced by a very large shark. Through her binoculars she could see it was Cristiano Ronaldo, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark!

The queen ordered the captain to change course to try and save the poor man, but she knew the yachts top speed would never get them there in time. At that exact moment a speedboat containing three men wearing England football shirts sped into view. One of the men took aim at the shark and fired a harthingy into its ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out and pulled Ronaldo from the water and, using long clubs, beat the shark to death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious Ronaldo into the speedboat along with the dead shark and prepared for a hasty retreat, when they heard frantic calling ....... It was the Queen calling them to the yacht.

On reaching the yacht the Queen saw that the three men were Beckham, Rooney & Crouch and went into raptures about the rescue and said, "I'll give you a knighthood for your brave actions. I thought the England team would hate Ronaldo after the world cup. But I see that the England team are true heroes and should serve as a model for sportsmanship to other countries."

She knighted them and sailed away.

As she departed Rooney asked the others, "Who was that?!"

"That," Beckham answered, "was our Queen. She rules the Commonwealth and knows everything about our country."

"Well," Rooney replied, "she knows f**k all about shark fishing. How's the bait holding up?"