The Forum Rumour Thread

Bobo

The Forum Rumour Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, very handy, I love keeping up to date in football news ect...
    • It's not bad, not a complete waste of time...
    • No, not useful, who is Bobo? He must be mad! :)
    • Simply a complete waste of time...

Hernan Crespo re-joined Inter Milan on a two-year free loan deal from Chelsea on Monday' date=' with the Premiership champions retaining the right to take back the Argentine striker after the first year.

throw in Viera on his way to Milan tuesday i am guessing and they have added some nice players[/quote']

hah! I know more about Chelsea then a Chelsea fan!!!! :D:D:D

8th August

Real Madrid have insisted they will hold talks with Arsenal winger Jose Antonio Reyes this week over a possible transfer. (Daily Mirror)

New Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill wants to begin his reign with a £4m swoop for Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque. (The Sun)

Portsmouth are ready to make a £7m swoop for Ghana World Cup midfielder Sulley Muntari. (Daily Mirror)

Marseille have made Newcastle defender Jean-Alain Boumsong their number one transfer target. (Daily Express)

Rangers keeper Allan McGregor has pleaded with boss Paul Le Guen to be allowed to leave the club. (Daily Record)

Blackburn are close to signing defender Andre Ooijer from PSV Eindhoven. (The Sun)

Watford are set to sign Hungarian international striker Tamas Priskin, 19. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City are targeting Swedish keeper Andreas Isaksson as a replacement for David James, who looks set to join Portsmouth. (The Sun)

Ex-Everton midfielder Thomas Gravesen moved closer to a £2m transfer to Newcastle after being left out of Real Madrid's tour of the United States. (The Sun)

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo will not play in Tuesday's friendly at Oxford because of security concerns. (The Sun)

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will be hit with a three-match ban following his sending off during the pre-season tour of Amsterdam. (Daily Mirror)

England boss Steve McClaren met with Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard on Monday as he prepares to unveil the new national captain - with Chelsea's John Terry and Manchester United's Gary Neville also in the frame. (Daily Express)

Wigan winger Gary Teale will miss the start of the season because of an ankle injury. (The Sun)

Everton winger Andy van der Meyde faces a carpeting from his club after breaking a club curfew and ending up in hospital over claims that his drink had been spiked. (Various)

Winger Shaun Wright-Phillips admits he would feel a failure if he quit Chelsea in search of regular first-team football. (Daily Express)

Former Arsenal star Nigel Winterburn has hit out at Gunners winger Jose Antonio Reyes, who was photographed wearing a Real Madrid shirt before Arsenal played the Spanish side - who have been repeatedly linked to the player - last season. (The Sun)

Yes' date=' I know its on that site, but:

1) If you read the first few pages of this thread you'll see why its there, and you'll also see that this has already been stated.

2) Please explain: W0ot!

3) If you don't like it just don't read it, but 26 people love it or find it handy against the 14 people who dont... so something good there must be!

4) Besides rumours I also post latest news, which there isn't on the BBC.

5) Afterall I dont even get it from the BBC! but from [url']www.fulhamweb.com[/url]... being a Fulham supporter I visit that site everyday and since there will be the rumours, I just post them here for those 26 people ;)

6) I pesonally am always on this forum, I don't stay searching lame sites like the BBC everyday etc.. so for people like me who are addicted to the forum and game it's better for them to have it ready.

7) You can't conradict me, you aren't all that clever you know, I know more then you about Chelsea!!! huh! to say you're a Chelsea fan... :P

Yes' date=' I know its on that site, but:

1) If you read the first few pages of this thread you'll see why its there, and you'll also see that this has already been stated.

2) Please explain: W0ot!

3) If you don't like it just don't read it, but 26 people love it or find it handy against the 14 people who dont... so something good there must be!

4) Besides rumours I also post latest news, which there isn't on the BBC.

5) Afterall I dont even get it from the BBC! but from [url']www.fulhamweb.com[/url]... being a Fulham supporter I visit that site everyday and since there will be the rumours, I just post them here for those 26 people ;)

6) I pesonally am always on this forum, I don't stay searching lame sites like the BBC everyday etc.. so for people like me who are addicted to the forum and game it's better for them to have it ready.

7) You can't conradict me, you aren't all that clever you know, I know more then you about Chelsea!!! huh! to say you're a Chelsea fan... :P

nice retort bobo!

1. I know why I was justing saying it shares similarities to the BBC's rumour page...

2. Its A slang celebratory term used by people with a social life.

3. When did I say I disliked this thread..? :confused:

4. Good for you... ;)

5. Once again good for you...

6. I agree.

7. I last check the football news on Friday when i posted that at that time they were saying it was a one year loan deal. And as a matter fact you do not know more about Chelsea that me. You know more about the latest football news than me as I happen to be spending alot of time out at the moment enjoying the sunshine...dont worry you wouldn't understand.

1. I know why I was justing saying it shares similarities to the BBC's rumour page...

2. Its A slang celebratory term used by people with a social life.

3. When did I say I disliked this thread..?

4. Good for you...

5. Once again good for you...

6. I agree.

7. I last check the football news on Friday when i posted that at that time they were saying it was a one year loan deal. And as a matter fact you do not know more about Chelsea that me. You know more about the latest football news than me as I happen to be spending alot of time out at the moment enjoying the sunshine...dont worry you wouldn't understand.

1) Good for you!! ;)

2) Ok, but I never mention numbers in words...

3) You voted the third one idiot!

4) Ye I know, it is..

5) Sam as above ;)

6) You'd better! :P

7) Then why did you contradict me? :confused:

Now, back to the thread... Addicks complete double deal..

Charlton Athletic have completed the double signing of Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye.

As revealed by skysports.com last month, Charlton were keen on signing Liverpool defender Traore and Newcastle United midfielder Faye.

Both players travelled to London for talks and medicals on Monday after Charlton agreed fees with Liverpool and Newcastle last week.

The duo successfully passed their medicals and agreed terms with Charlton and have now penned three-year deals at The Valley.

Liverpool decided to let Traore leave after seven years at Anfield, as they look to raise funds.

Faye spent eighteen months at Newcastle after signing from Portsmouth, but failed to hold down a regular place in the side.

The double signing brings Iain Dowie's amount of new additions to four following the arrivals of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Simon Walton.

Dowie is still keen to bring in more new faces and is hoping to push through a few deals before the start of the new season.

1) Good for you!!

2) Ok' date=' but I never mention numbers in words...

3) You voted the third one idiot!

4) Ye I know, it is..

5) Sam as above

6) You'd better!

7) Then why did you contradict me? :confused:[/quote']

1. Ok

2. Ok

3. *Whistles and rolls eyes

4. :)

5. :)

6. Ok

7. I was bored... :o

hah! got you! I'm in hospital nitwit! hah! it shows uve just joined... if you look at some threads of about a week ago ull see why im in hospital... ;);)

ps: Can we please get back to the subject now ;)

Go ahead inform us oh great hospitalized Bobo...

A few new stories...

Sol signs for Pompey

Former Arsenal defender Sol Campbell signed a two-year contract with Premier League rivals Portsmouth on Tuesday, the south coast club said.

Campbell, who joins as a free agent after ending his five-year spell with Arsenal last month, underwent a medical on Monday and trained with Portsmouth's squad on Tuesday before signing the deal.

The arrival of the England central defender, who will be 32 next month, represents a coup by Pompey manager Harry Redknapp, whose team narrowly avoided relegation last season.

Campbell, a former Tottenham Hotspur captain, won two league titles and three FA Cups with Arsenal. He scored in their Champions League final defeat by Barcelona in May.

Freddie takes over as captain...

Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg has been named Sweden’s new captain.

I just got this off a Swedish news site, so here you go:

Sweden are scheduled to play Germany in a friendly at Gelsenkirchen on 16 August as part of their preparations for Euro 2008 qualifying. Today in a press conference Lars Lagerback announced that they needed to build a team that would help succeed at Euro 2008 and as part of those efforts, Ljungberg is being appointed as captain.

What of Mellberg? The former Sweden captain relinquished captaincy two days ago. It will be interesting to see how the two get along after clashing at the last two World Cups. In their last altercation one of the quotes attributed to Mellberg was that “Ljungberg didn’t know his place in the squad” - well…how things change :)

Mellberg will still continue to play, while Ljunberg won’t be able to take part in the friendly against Germany due to his foot injury (Freddie will also miss the start of Arsenal’s Premiership campaign). Tobias Linderoth will deputise in his absence.

Italy's Lega Calcio gets new boss after scandal

Italy's football clubs' association promoted vice-chairman Antonio Matarrese on Tuesday to head the body.

Matarrese replaces Adriano Galliani, the AC Milan vice-president who was banned for nine months for his part in the recent match-fixing scandal.

An official at Lega Calcio told Reuters that Matarrese had been elected with 26 votes out of 39 at a meeting of the association.

Galliani is set to appeal against his sentence.

Tevez could be on the move..

Argentina international Carlos Tevez could leave Corinthians, according to the Brazilian club's chief investor Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez's future with Corinthians has been cloudy of late after a bust-up with supporters last month over a gesture towards the fans.

Though the forward apologised for his indiscretion, he conceded it could be tough for him to stay in Brazil.

He has repeatedly been linked with a move to a major European club and some reports claim Tevez has been offered to Manchester United.

Joorabchian, who has recently questioned his own position with Corinthians, did not reveal if any clubs had bid for the 22-year-old.

But the Iranian businessman did admit that he could no longer guarantee that Tevez will stay with his current side.

"I guaranteed Tevez's permanence at other times, but I cannot do the same now," Joorabchian told Radio Bandeirantes.

"Even so, it is sad thinking about him going.

"I do not know if he will go tomorrow, in the next month or at the end of the year.

"It depends on him."

Tottenham are favourites to sign Argentine World Cup defender Roberto Ayala from Valencia. (The Sun)

Everton are weighing up a swoop for Manchester City forward Antoine Sibierski on a free transfer. (Daily Star)

Newcastle have reaffirmed their interest in strikers Dirk Kuyt of Feyenoord and Obafemi Martins of Inter Milan. (The Times)

Liverpool are also set to renew their interest in Kuyt. (The Independent)

Reading are set to miss out on Ivory Coast midfielder Emerse Fae because he is not convinced about a move from Nantes to the Premiership club. (Daily Star)

Celtic defender Mo Camara is to join Leeds on a season-long loan deal. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham are attempting to bring back Mido - three months after cutting their ties with him at the end of his loan period from AS Roma. (The Times)

New Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is stepping up his bid to sign Celtic midfielder Stilian Petrov. (Daily Record)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been given the green light to buy Villarreal's Marcos Senna after the Spanish club revealed they would be prepared to sell the midfielder. (Daily Mirror)

Brighton have joined the race to sign Ipswich striker Sam Parkin. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal stiker Thierry Henry has warned the Gunners that losing defender Ashley Cole to Chelsea would be a massive blow. (The Sun)

Chelsea defender William Gallas, who failed to turn up to the club's training camp in the United States last week, has threatened to go on strike as his feud with Chelsea reaches a new level. (Daily Star)

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo was pelted with chewing gum in his first match on English soil since the World Cup - a 4-1 friendly win over Oxford in which he scored two goals. (The Sun)

Manchester United duo Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes, who are facing suspensions after being sent off in a pre-season friendly against Porto in Amsterdam, will be free to play in the Premiership opener against Fulham on 20 August because the Dutch Football Association failed to send the referee's report to the English FA by August 8. (Various)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger axed Jose Antonio Reyes from the team that beat Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 in the Champions League because he believes his mind is already at Real Madrid, who have been repeatedly linked to the winger. (Various)

Hearts boss Valdas Ivanauskas has appealed for the whole of Scotland to back his side's bid for a Champions League group place. (Daily Record)

New England boss Steve McClaren will turn to his former number two at Middlesbrough, Steve Round, as he looks to reshape the backroom staff for the national team. (The Guardian)

Blackburn have offered midfielder Aaron Mokoena a new three-year deal to stop him leaving on a free transfer next summer. (Daily Star)

FUNNIES

Referee Kevin Wright booked Mansfield's Stephen Dawson twice in the 2-1 win over MK Dons - but failed to send off the midfielder. (The Sun)

Ronaldinho and Gudjohnsen praise eacother!

FC Barcelona star Ronaldinho has praised new boy Eidur Gudjohnsen after the two forwards have played well together in Barcelona's pre-season tour of Mexico and United States. Although, the Brazilian international Ronaldinho has been used by Barca coach Frank Rijkaard on a few part-time occassions after reporting back for training following his appearance at the World Cup in Germany, the pair has shown that they link up very well together. Ronnie assistet twice when Gudjohnsen scored the first two goals in a Barca Shirt and said:

We scarcely know each other, but he is a player that always chooses the best position and is very intelligent. I have a feeling that we are going to have great fun together this season.

But the former Chelsea forward Gudjohnsen returned the compliments to the FIFA World Player of the year Ronaldinho:

He is the type of player that makes the whole team play better. If I make good runs, I know that the ball will always arrive at my feet.

Chelsea unwilling to match Ash fee...

Chelsea have released a statement insisting they are not prepared to meet Arsenal's valuation of defender Ashley Cole.

Talks between the two clubs were confirmed this week, and the England international was widely expected to complete his move to Stamford Bridge before the weekend.

Click here!

However, Chelsea are now taking a firm stance, and will not pay the reported £25million that the Gunners are demanding.

The statement said: "Chelsea FC has been in discussions with Arsenal Football Club for some time over the possible transfer of Ashley Cole.

"Chelsea has made a very substantial offer for the player.

"Although discussions have continued, Arsenal's valuation of the player does not match Chelsea's and therefore no agreement can be reached in the current circumstances."

Chelsea were hoping to add Cole to their ranks for the weekend's Community Shield clash Liverpool, however the statement from the Premiership champions indicates any future deal is unlikely.

My point of view: Ye right, they have all the money in the world, need a left back, and wont pay 20m for an amazing player like Cole?? They paid prices like 15m for Obi, 24m for SWP and not 20m for Cole?? MENTAL!! lol

Milan, Liverpool and Ajax make winning starts

AC Milan had to settle for a 1-0 victory over Red Star Belgrade and there was a scare for 2005 Champions League winners Liverpool before they edged Maccabi Haifa 2-1 in Wednesday's third qualifying round action.

Ajax Amsterdam were 2-1 winners at FC Copenhagen, as were AEK Athens at 10-man Hearts after two late goals, and Hamburg SV drew 0-0 at home to Spain's Osasuna in other first leg games.

A month to the day since Italy won the World Cup, four of their squad -- Filippo Inzaghi, Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso and Alberto Gilardino -- helped Milan to a morale-boosting win.

It was Inzaghi's 33rd birthday and the striker celebrated in style by poaching the match-winner after 22 minutes at San Siro, a rare moment of celebration for the club in recent weeks.

Docked points by an Italian sports tribunal for their part in the country's match-fixing scandal, Milan were only allowed to play in Europe by a highly reluctant -- and critical -- UEFA.

At Anfield, Liverpool went a goal down to Gustavo's 29th minute strike for the Israeli side but were spared further embarrassment by two of their new signings.

Welsh forward Craig Bellamy equalised four minutes later but the Reds looked to be heading for a surprise draw until Chile winger Mark Gonzalez rifled home the 88th minute winner.

The second leg in two weeks' tiome will be at a neutral venue after UEFA ruled that the security situation in Israel meant no matches could be played there until further notice.

My view: Two players scored on their debut in Bellamy and Gonzalez, not bad and Gonzalez looks good but that was a poor performance from Liverpool.

Blackstock leaves Saints for QPR

Dexter Blackstock has joined QPR for an undisclosed fee from Southampton.

The 20-year-old striker, who has signed a three-year deal, joined the Saints from Oxford United in 2003 and was a popular figure among fans.

Memorable moments included a hat-trick against Colchester and a goal against local rivals Portsmouth during the 2004/2005 season.

Blackstock moved down the pecking order after the arrival of Grzegorz Rasiak and Bradley Wright-Phillips.

Dexter Blackstock has joined QPR for an undisclosed fee from Southampton.

The 20-year-old striker' date=' who has signed a three-year deal, joined the Saints from Oxford United in 2003 and was a popular figure among fans.

Memorable moments included a hat-trick against Colchester and a goal against local rivals Portsmouth during the 2004/2005 season.

Blackstock moved down the pecking order after the arrival of Grzegorz Rasiak and Bradley Wright-Phillips.[/quote']

lol, you didnt happen to copy that from the saints home page :rolleyes: maybe bbc even, but he is a good up and coming player, not going to get enough games this season, rasiak, BWP, fuller and young lads best and mcgoldrick.