The Forum Rumour Thread

Bobo

The Forum Rumour Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, very handy, I love keeping up to date in football news ect...
    • It's not bad, not a complete waste of time...
    • No, not useful, who is Bobo? He must be mad! :)
    • Simply a complete waste of time...

Re: The Forum Rumour Thread

Voted for a Complete Waste of Time as people interested in football rumours will probably check gossip columns' date=' listen to radios etc, in my opinion they should not be using AN ONLINE GAME FORUM to find them out or in my view they cant be that interested in transfer rumours if they are using this thread to find the rumours out.[/quote']

If all the latest news is posted on here for people (you know a forum everyone including yourself uses on a daily basis) whats the difference between reading it here and discussing it with other forumers than reading it in a gossip column :confused:

If all the latest news is posted on here for people (you know a forum everyone including yourself uses on a daily basis) whats the difference between reading it here and discussing it with other forumers than reading it in a gossip column :confused:

Agreed. Its just a way of congregating all the rumours from various news sources so we can read and discuss them. If you don't like it you don't have to read it.

I agree with both Danny and Nell's....

This thread had been a bit unused for a while, it was a great way of keeping up on transfers pre-season, even if there are other ways of finding out...

If you use this forum a lot, like loads of us do then this thread let us know whats happening... Brilliant idea...

It seems like a few members that have joined recently are putting down everything to do with SM.... Forum, chatroom, everything... Its sad..

I agree with both Danny and Nell's....

This thread had been a bit unused for a while' date=' [b']it was a great way of keeping up on transfers pre-season, even if there are other ways of finding out...[/b]

If you use this forum a lot, like loads of us do then this thread let us know whats happening... Brilliant idea...

It seems like a few members that have joined recently are putting down everything to do with SM.... Forum, chatroom, everything... Its sad..

1. No, its the worst way I have seen for keeping up with transfers, if ur really bothered you should check the news and papers not rely on a silly thread on a forum.

2. I aint a newcomer to SM and chat has gone well downhill, mainly coz of certain ppl not going in as much I think and the mods make it worse on my opinion. I think that the Forum also isnt great and I can understand people putting that down. If anyone puts SM down, I aint gunna stop them or even type a disagreement statement.

1. No' date=' its the worst way I have seen for keeping up with transfers, if ur really bothered you should check the news and papers not rely on a silly thread on a forum.

2. I aint a newcomer to SM and chat has gone well downhill, mainly coz of certain ppl not going in as much I think and the mods make it worse on my opinion. I think that the Forum also isnt great and I can understand people putting that down. If anyone puts SM down, I aint gunna stop them or even type a disagreement statement.[/quote']

1. I like this forum and like the people on it and how they like to help people... Not their fault your so sinicle and put everything down... You are entitled to your opinion yes but OMG you sound like an old man... Very sad, as I have said... A silly thread? Why are you here if you always have such bad things to say about this place? Some people enjoy it, just because you don't doesn't mean you are right...

2. You have been on here since September... That makes you relatively new I'm affraid... You olny say something when someoone mentions it first, like your scared to say it forst... Again.. If the forum aint that great then don't come on here, simple...!!

Don't just come on here and put it down...

1. I like this forum and like the people on it and how they like to help people... Not their fault your so sinicle and put everything down... You are entitled to your opinion yes but OMG you sound like an old man... Very sad' date=' as I have said... A silly thread? Why are you here if you always have such bad things to say about this place? Some people enjoy it, just because you don't doesn't mean you are right...

2. You have been on here since September... That makes you relatively new I'm affraid... You olny say something when someoone mentions it first, like your scared to say it forst... Again.. If the forum aint that great then don't come on here, simple...!!

Don't just come on here and put it down...[/quote']

1. Not new, been playing SM since Jan/Feb and might be quitting this rubbish

2.Just coz u say something and ur a mod, doesnt mean its right, MODS NEED TO LEARN THEY AINT THE BEST.

3. I aint scared 2 say anything on this forum

4. Lets not be enemies, lets be peaceful and not have arguments :)

1. Not new' date=' been playing SM since Jan/Feb and might be quitting this rubbish

2.Just coz u say something and ur a mod, [b']doesnt mean its right, MODS NEED TO LEARN THEY AINT THE BEST.[/b]

3. I aint scared 2 say anything on this forum

4. Lets not be enemies, lets be peaceful and not have arguments :)

the bit in bold...

You need to learn that you aren't either :rolleyes: If I were you I'd seriously think before you post in future because going on like this isn't doing you any good

And as previously said by you... "2. I aint a newcomer to SM and chat has gone well downhill, mainly coz of certain ppl not going in as much I think and the mods make it worse on my opinion."

Well that's weird, 'cos a whole lot of people in there think it's going downhill because of people like you :)

the bit in bold...

You need to learn that you aren't either :rolleyes: If I were you I'd seriously think before you post in future because going on like this isn't doing you any good

And as previously said by you... "2. I aint a newcomer to SM and chat has gone well downhill' date=' mainly coz of certain ppl not going in as much I think and the mods make it worse on my opinion."

Well that's weird, 'cos a whole lot of people in there think it's going downhill because of people like you :)[/quote']

I dont think one person can take chat downhill.

Anyway, back on topic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz is ready to tell new manager Sam Allardyce that he will quit the club next month. (The Sun)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is keen to sign West Ham striker Craig Bellamy. (Daily Mirror)

craig_bellamy.jpg

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock believes he will lose his young stars in the January transfer window. (The Sun)

Bolton boss Gary Megson will make a move for Fulham midfielder Jimmy Bullard. (Daily Mirror)

Bullard_Jimmy_587389.jpg

Newcastle want to sign centre-half Matthew Upson. (The Independent)

Gus Poyet or Aidy Boothroyd will be named as manager of Leeds following the sacking of Gary McAllister. (The Sun)

gus_poyet.jpg

Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson is also in the running for the Elland Road hot-seat. (Daily Mail)

Football Association chairman Lord Triesman will try to convince Fabio Capello to stay on as England boss past the 2010 World Cup. (The Sun)

fabio-capello.jpg

Lord Triesman also believes that Prince William and David Beckham are the right ambassadors to help bring the 2018 World Cup to England. (The Sun)

New AC Milan signing David Beckham wants to do "everything possible" to match Bobby Moore's record number of England caps. (Daily Express)

David_Beckham_England_649305.jpg

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has laughed off suggestions he is about to take over at Sunderland. (various)

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is set to miss at least one Champions League tie following his sending off against Liga de Quito. (various)

nemanja_vidic.jpg

Dundee United trio John Daly, Lee Wilkie and Sean Dillon are expected to sign new contracts this week. (The Courier)

Everton reckon 6ft 4in Belgian striker Marouane Fellaini is getting a raw deal from referees because he sticks out so much. He's has been booked eight times and assistant coach Steve Round said: "I think referees need to book him on merit rather that because it's 'big' Fellaini." (The Sun)

Fellaini_748657.jpg

Everton reckon 6ft 4in Belgian striker Marouane Fellaini is getting a raw deal from referees because he sticks out so much. He's has been booked eight times and assistant coach Steve Round said: "I think referees need to book him on merit rather that because it's 'big' Fellaini." (The Sun)

Fellaini_748657.jpg

Since when has Fellaini been a striker? lol!

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Arsenal are lining up a move for £20m-rated Russian forward Andrei Arshavin. (Daily Mirror)

But defender Kolo Toure could be on his way out of Arsenal, with Manchester City preparing a £10m deal for the defender. (The Sun)

kolo_toure.jpg

Gunners striker Nicklas Bendtner has rejected a move to Russian outfit Spartak Moscow. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are battling it out with Chelsea for £20m-rated Standard Liege midfielder Axel Witsel. (Daily Telegraph)

witsel_alex_standard.jpg

Real Madrid have offered Wigan £14m for winger Antonio Valencia. (Daily Telegraph)

Tottenham will offer Middlesbrough £15m for winger Stewart Downing. (Daily Mirror)

Stewart_Downing1_603162.jpg

Middlesbrough themselves are hoping to land Crystal Palace midfielder Ben Watson for £1.5m. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City look set to offload trio Elano, Tal Ben Haim and Jo in January. (Daily Mirror)

elano.jpg

Eastlands boss Mark Hughes will be given £40m to spend in the January transfer window. (Daily Mail)

Hughes is lining up a number of players, including Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz, West Ham's Craig Bellamy, Chelsea's Wayne Bridge and Villarreal's Marcos Senna. (Daily Mail)

roque_santa_cruz.jpg

But new Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce will block Santa Cruz from leaving Ewood Park in January. (The Sun)

And West Ham have placed a £12m price tag on striker Bellamy, with Tottenham, Aston Villa and Celtic all interested in the Welshman. (Daily Mirror)

Craig_Bellamy_630010.jpg

However, Hull defender Michael Turner will snub an £8m switch to Manchester City in January. (Daily Star)

West Ham defender Matthew Upson fears he could be sold as the club battle for financial survival. (The Sun)

Matthew_Upson_629704.jpg

Portsmouth manager Tony Adams is hoping to sign former team-mate Edu as a replacement for midfielder Lassana Diarra. (The Sun)

Adams will also use the £20m the club received from Real Madrid for Diarra to land Middlesbrough midfielder Gary O'Neil and Fulham's Jimmy Bullard. (Daily Star)

Gary_O_Neil_624474.jpg

Newcastle striker Michael Owen looks set to leave St James' Park on a free transfer at the end of the season. (Various)

Newcastle utility player Charles N'Zogbia is set to stay at the club, despite being linked with a January move to Paris St Germain. (The Sun)

charles_nzogbia.jpg

Hull are planning a £2m raid for Egypt striker Hosni Abd-Rabou. (The Sun)

Liverpool striker Robbie Keane has denied claims that he is poised to quit Anfield. (Daily Telegraph)

robbie_keane.jpg

Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is a £3m target for Celtic. (Daily Mirror)

Real Madrid have offered Wigan £14m for winger Antonio Valencia. (Daily Telegraph) :eek:

If thats true what the heck is Ramos doing lol , Hes apparently after Zakora as well from Spurs.

I know Madrid have been trying to get rid of the galactico's label but jeez :eek: we have a few players over at Anfield who could help them even faster get rid of that like Pennant, Voronin, Dossea and co

All this is basically is whats on BBC Gossip Column copied and pasted on here with pictures included. This thread is a waste of time in my opinion' date=' people can just go on the BBC website and see the rumours on the gossip column.

1 star thread.[/quote']

Yawwwn, This Thread Has Been Around Longer Than You, Nuff Said

SM Community Can Debate Whats Been Said Here, Thats Why RUMORS Are posted here Wether there Original or from fulham fc web or bbc or wereever

ONA SIDE NOTE: Not been on this thread in absolutly moooonths ;)

MCGeady West Ham For Bellamy B) Maybe.. :(

Arsenal Dont Need To be Selling Defenders Right Now.. Thaught Toure Was Pretty Good Player {He wont want to go to City}

All this is basically is whats on BBC Gossip Column copied and pasted on here with pictures included. This thread is a waste of time in my opinion' date=' people can just go on the BBC website and see the rumours on the gossip column.

1 star thread.[/quote']

so why do you keep posting on it?? even if 1 person liked this thread why does it concern or bother you in the slightest?

You have posted like 5 posts on here now? not bad for a thread which you think is useless :rolleyes: I know your club is a disgrace to football and is pretty much the laughing stock of the EPL atm but no need to take it out on this thread :)

ps.... take a look at the poll on this thread, enough said really :D

1. No' date=' its the worst way I have seen for keeping up with transfers, if ur really bothered you should check the news and papers not rely on a silly thread on a forum.

2. I aint a newcomer to SM and chat has gone well downhill, mainly coz of certain ppl not going in as much I think and the mods make it worse on my opinion. I think that the Forum also isnt great and I can understand people putting that down. If anyone puts SM down, I aint gunna stop them or even type a disagreement statement.[/quote']

Sorry mate, but who do you think you are... :rolleyes::rolleyes: How could you possibly say that Soccermanager hasnt improved in the latest years :confused: There has been conutless additions too Soccermanager, 99% of these can only be regarded as improvements. This isnt opinion, this is fact.

This thread has been going probaly since before you were born :D And you honestly think we would just pull the thread because YOU dont think its inappropiate too have it on here. Well the votes For having this thread on the poll @ the top clearly suggest it should be here and from what im hearing, why possibly would we want your opinion...

I for one can say that the mods across Soccermanager (Forums/Chat) are brill. Never had a problem with any of these and they ALL deals with problems in a suitable and fair way.

Just lastly mate, please dont come storming onto threads people clearly use and kick off about absolutly nothing in the future, or your stay here wont be as long as you think... :)

Proof that people use this being in the poll of course. Only 20% of people that have viewed this think its a waste a time, and 10% just hate Bobo & not the thread :D Think you can give it a rest now. Because dont bother looking at this thread if youre not intrested in it IMO.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Might be mistaken, but wasn't that Motty the control-freak that went in a right strop a few months back when a few people posted on 'his' thread ?

I'll have a look at his posts to see if it him, and if he hasn't changed one little bit.

EDIT: Yes, it was him :D

Feast your eyes on this :

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=32289

So funny the way he starts to criticise Steven for going a little off-topic.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Everybody Should Read Back On That Thread henharrier Posted.. It's A Bit Funny :P

My personal favourite from Motty:

Yes' date=' its MY thread, if I want to take it off topic a bit I can, and my post wasnt as random as tebtherebs.

Its not teb's, Sparky's, henharrierhalls or anybody elses thread, its MINE so they shouldnt be allowed to take it off topic only me should be allowed to.[/quote']

Pyscho in a few years, maybe ? :D:P

Arsenal are lining up a move for £20m-rated Russian forward Andrei Arshavin. (Daily Mirror)

But defender Kolo Toure could be on his way out of Arsenal' date=' with Manchester City preparing a £10m deal for the defender. (The Sun)[/font']

We really need to be bringing in new defenders not shipping them out and buying new forwards. We already have four quality forwards in Adebayor, Van Persie, Eduardo and Bendtner but we are seriously lacking center backs, if you take Gallas and Toure out our center back combination would be no better than a combination from the Championship.

We really need a CB and a holding CM, there is no point in Arsenal buying another forward and neglecting the rest of the team. Arsenal score enough goals to become a championship winning team we just coincide too many. Take United for example last year they won the title with the best defensive record, that is the key to Arsenal gaining success. So despite thinking that Arshavin would be a great signing i think we should be buying players in other positions. :)

Oh and BTW Motty i would really appreciate it if you shut your trap, if you don't like this thread stay out of it, but personally i am pleased that Hen has re started it. ;)

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Oh and BTW Motty i would really appreciate it if you shut your trap' date=' if you don't like this thread stay out of it, but personally [b']i am pleased that Hen has re started it[/b]. ;)

I'm glad you like my contributions to the forum ;)

Portsmouth have turned down a combined £30m bid from Tottenham for defender Glen Johnson and strikers Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe. (The Guardian)

Pompey have slapped a £15m price tag on England striker Defoe, who is also a target for Aston Villa. (The Sun)

jermain_defoe.jpg

Or, Portsmouth will demand £20m for Defoe, who wants to rejoin Tottenham after leaving them for Fratton Park a year ago. (Daily Mirror)

The Reds are set to tempt Pompey with a £6.5m offer for Glen Johnson and will also move for Wigan frontman Emile Heskey. (The Times)

player-image-1741.jpg

Spurs have had a bid of £9m rejected for Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing, but will return with a bigger offer by the end of the week. (Daily Express)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is set to bring in former Liverpool right-back Steve Finnan from Espanyol. (Daily Express)

Steve_Finnan868169.jpg

Arsenal will bid £12m to sign Everton's Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta as a stand-in for the injured Cesc Fabregas, who is out for the next four months. (The Sun)

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger considered making another offer for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, after failing with a £15m bid in the summer, but feels Arteta is a more realistic target. (The Sun)

arteta_mikel_efc_profile_2006.jpg

Wenger has also lined up Udinese playmaker Gokhan Inler to bolster his midfield. (Daily Star)

Everton manager David Moyes could be tempted to cash in on Arteta to fund a swoop for CSKA striker Wagner Love. (The Sun)

18878.jpg

Wenger could also bid £10m for Dynamo Kiev's Senegal centre-back P ape Diakhate but faces competition from Manchester City and Portsmouth. (The Sun)

Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Andrei Arshavin is prepared to take a pay cut from his current wages of £90,000-a-week to clinch a £12m move to Arsenal. (Daily Mirror)

arshavin_andrei_610578.jpg

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is eyeing Wagner Love, Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa and Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano despite being told he must sell before he buys in January. (Daily Mirror)

Scolari has demanded cash for a striker, although he is willing to sell Florent Malouda or Salomon Kalou if he has to raise funds himself. (Daily Express)

image_3293.jpg

Fabiano is Scolari's first choice signing but Palmeiras hit-man Kleber and Inter Milan forward Andres D'Alessandro are his other targets. (Daily Express)

Middlesbrough are determined to keep Turkey striker Tuncay at the Riverside despite interest from Chelsea. (The Times)

tuncay_sanli.jpg

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz is wanted by Real Madrid as well as Manchester City, but will only leave Ewood Park for another Premier League club. (The Sun)

City are set to seal an £18m deal for Santa Cruz by the end of the week. (Daily Mail)

roque_santa_cruz.jpg

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes will bid £8m for Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge, but will turn to Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm if the Blues refuse to sell. (Daily Express)