The Forum Rumour Thread

Bobo

The Forum Rumour Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes, very handy, I love keeping up to date in football news ect...
    • It's not bad, not a complete waste of time...
    • No, not useful, who is Bobo? He must be mad! :)
    • Simply a complete waste of time...

Re: The Forum Rumour Thread

I'm glad you like my contributions to the forum ;)

He didn't say that he liked your contribution, just that he was happy this thread was started up again...:rolleyes:

Also, I hate the sports section of the Sun, its poop, never has anything that ever happens in it...

I thought that Tony Adams said, if Defoe leaves in January then so will he... If that was true then they wouldn't put a price tag on him would they? But, thats the Sun for you...:rolleyes::P

We really need to be bringing in new defenders not shipping them out and buying new forwards. We already have four quality forwards in Adebayor' date=' Van Persie, Eduardo and Bendtner but we are seriously lacking center backs, if you take Gallas and Toure out our center back combination would be no better than a combination from the Championship.

We really need a CB and a holding CM, there is no point in Arsenal buying another forward and neglecting the rest of the team. Arsenal score enough goals to become a championship winning team we just coincide too many. Take United for example last year they won the title with the best defensive record, that is the key to Arsenal gaining success. So despite thinking that Arshavin would be a great signing i think we should be buying players in other positions. :)

Oh and BTW Motty i would really appreciate it if you shut your trap, if you don't like this thread stay out of it, but personally i am pleased that Hen has re started it. ;)[/quote']

Well. Arshavin can play AM which is what we are trying to do. We are lacking that "creative" player in Fabregas and Arshavin can provide this. Also Arshavin can play Wing and Forward which is good. Not saying this is ideal but it might work!

Original Gooner is 100000000000000000000000000000000% right. **** Diakite wouldn't be a bad buy hes been linked with us recently. I personally would rather someone like Bruno Alves who is strong in the air and is a natural leader. We have plenty of attacking flair. But i wouldn't mind Arshavin or Arteta coming to Arsenal or Shay Given:D

Henharrierhall:

1. That thread you linked to wasnt funny in the slightest in my view.

2. Who is Steven (the person I apparently criticised).

3. I posted about Sillyest Question asked, and that tebthereb goes posting about Alanis Mousette songs about Spoons?? :confused: Annoyed me as it had no relevence whatsoever

4. I am not a control freak, but, it was my thread, and still is, and, I considered it very unfair the way some people treated MY thread.

Sky Blue Lee:

I am unbanned from chat but if I come in Nathan Kirby will probably ban me.

Thank You.

Henharrierhall:

1. That thread you linked to wasnt funny in the slightest in my view.

2. Who is Steven (the person I apparently criticised).

3. I posted about Sillyest Question asked' date=' and that tebthereb goes posting about Alanis Mousette songs about Spoons?? :confused: Annoyed me as it had no relevence whatsoever

4. I am not a control freak, but, it was my thread, and still is, and, I considered it very unfair the way some people treated MY thread.

Sky Blue Lee:

I am unbanned from chat but if I come in Nathan Kirby will probably ban me.

Thank You.[/quote']

We think its appauling the way you have treated this thread by Bobo, a well respected member...

He might of asked for feedback on it, but no need to keep slanging it..

Now if you have nothing constructive or worthy of the thread I suggest you simply, DONT....

I will probably delete it if you do anyway...

We think its appauling the way you have treated this thread by Bobo' date=' a well respected member...

He might of asked for feedback on it, but no need to keep slanging it..

Now if you have nothing constructive or worthy of the thread I suggest you simply, DONT....

I will probably delete it if you do anyway...[/quote']

Well one way of improving this thread would be to include rumours from different sources and not just from the BBC gossip column.

Or are you gunna delete that as well just for the fun of it?

Well one way of improving this thread would be to include rumours from different sources and not just from the BBC gossip column.

Its on topic, no need to delete it...

Not every post in here is from the BBC Gossip column...

This thread is for deals that are guarenteed!! Not gossip!

Did you read the first post?

I'm glad you like my contributions to the forum ;)

Portsmouth have turned down a combined £30m bid from Tottenham for defender Glen Johnson and strikers Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe. (The Guardian)

Pompey have slapped a £15m price tag on England striker Defoe' date=' who is also a target for Aston Villa. (The Sun)

[img']http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/03/45/jermain_defoe.jpg[/img]

Or, Portsmouth will demand £20m for Defoe, who wants to rejoin Tottenham after leaving them for Fratton Park a year ago. (Daily Mirror)

The Reds are set to tempt Pompey with a £6.5m offer for Glen Johnson and will also move for Wigan frontman Emile Heskey. (The Times)

player-image-1741.jpg

Spurs have had a bid of £9m rejected for Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing, but will return with a bigger offer by the end of the week. (Daily Express)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is set to bring in former Liverpool right-back Steve Finnan from Espanyol. (Daily Express)

Steve_Finnan868169.jpg

Arsenal will bid £12m to sign Everton's Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta as a stand-in for the injured Cesc Fabregas, who is out for the next four months. (The Sun)

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger considered making another offer for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, after failing with a £15m bid in the summer, but feels Arteta is a more realistic target. (The Sun)

arteta_mikel_efc_profile_2006.jpg

Wenger has also lined up Udinese playmaker Gokhan Inler to bolster his midfield. (Daily Star)

Everton manager David Moyes could be tempted to cash in on Arteta to fund a swoop for CSKA striker Wagner Love. (The Sun)

18878.jpg

Wenger could also bid £10m for Dynamo Kiev's Senegal centre-back P ape Diakhate but faces competition from Manchester City and Portsmouth. (The Sun)

Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Andrei Arshavin is prepared to take a pay cut from his current wages of £90,000-a-week to clinch a £12m move to Arsenal. (Daily Mirror)

arshavin_andrei_610578.jpg

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is eyeing Wagner Love, Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa and Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano despite being told he must sell before he buys in January. (Daily Mirror)

Scolari has demanded cash for a striker, although he is willing to sell Florent Malouda or Salomon Kalou if he has to raise funds himself. (Daily Express)

image_3293.jpg

Fabiano is Scolari's first choice signing but Palmeiras hit-man Kleber and Inter Milan forward Andres D'Alessandro are his other targets. (Daily Express)

Middlesbrough are determined to keep Turkey striker Tuncay at the Riverside despite interest from Chelsea. (The Times)

tuncay_sanli.jpg

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz is wanted by Real Madrid as well as Manchester City, but will only leave Ewood Park for another Premier League club. (The Sun)

City are set to seal an £18m deal for Santa Cruz by the end of the week. (Daily Mail)

roque_santa_cruz.jpg

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes will bid £8m for Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge, but will turn to Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm if the Blues refuse to sell. (Daily Express)

Well thats just gossip isnt it, thousands of post like it as well. Does that mean they will all happen if its only for deals guarenteed then?

Well thats just gossip isnt it' date=' thousands of post like it as well. Does that mean they will all happen if its only for deals guarenteed then?[/quote']

Bobo has not been here for some time to keep people on the original idea... Thats all...

Its not the point of the thread and it was, no doubt, at some time have people that didn't read the first post of the thread and not understand...

Just stop slating it, if you don't need it, don't use it, use all these other sites that do a better job or whatever you think...

Leave it now please, unless you have a deal to put down here that has gone through and you have alink to proof of it....

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Bolton Wanderers

In (signed): Ariza Makukula (Benfica, loan); Sebastien Puygrenier (Zenit St Petersburg, loan); Mark Davies (Wolves, undisclosed)

Out (signed): Kevin Nolan (Newcastle, £4m); Ian Walker (released); Heidar Helguson (QPR, undisclosed)

I was sad to see Kevin Nolan leave.

:(:confused:

Bolton Wanderers

In (signed): Ariza Makukula (Benfica' date=' loan); Sebastien Puygrenier (Zenit St Petersburg, loan); Mark Davies (Wolves, undisclosed)

Out (signed): Kevin Nolan (Newcastle, £4m); Ian Walker (released); Heidar Helguson (QPR, undisclosed)[/color']

I was sad to see Kevin Nolan leave.

:(:confused:

I was so happy to see Nolan arrive on Tyne-Side... Such a shock too...

Man City transfers

In

Wayne Bridge (Chelsea) - Has been looking good I think.

Craig Bellamy (West Ham) - Scored on debut, has 2 in 3 games all together.

Nigel De Jong (Hamburger SV) - Very good debut I thought.

Shay Given (Newcastle) - Great Debut I thought.

Out

Javan Vidal (Aberdeen, loan)

Paul Marshall (Blackpool, loan)

Tal Ben Haim (Sunderland, loan)

Jo (Everton, loan)

Happy with our signings. I think they are all good signings. Hopefully the two youngsters we loaned out will get some playing time and do well. Hopefully Ben Haim can show his full ability at Sunderland and hopefully Jo will score a few at Everton and come back with more confidence and hopefully do better.

Well the news from Norway is:

Arsenal have been tracking Rosenborg pair Skjelbred and keepr Rune Jarstein.

Rumours in the media are suggesting that last nights superb display by the pair against Germany has urged Arsenal into chasing a pre-contract agreement for both of them as a few well-known european clubs now have them on their radars.

• 3 months later...

Transfer Gossip

Chelsea are weighing up an English record £40m bid for Valencia's highly-rated Spanish international forward David Villa.

Real Madrid are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of France international midfielder Franck Ribery for £60m.

Tottenham have offered David Bentley plus £8m for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

Villa, though, are interested in taking £10m-rated midfielder Jermaine Jenas from Spurs, and are also keen on Serbian defensive midfielder Nenad Mililjas, who had been interesting Premier League new-boys Wolves.

Barcelona plan to capitalise on the financial problems at Liverpool with a £20m raid for Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano.

The Reds are also set to miss out on their top summer target - Valencia's Spanish midfielder David Silva - because of the budget constraints imposed on manager Rafael Benitez, with Real Madrid favourites to land the player.

Manchester United's hopes of landing Lyon's £30m-rated striker Karim Benzema have been increased after the president of the French club, Jean-Michel Aulas, said the player was not "untransferable".

Birmingham have been told they must pay £4m if they want to lure defender Scott Dann from Coventry, who have also rejected a £1m bid from the Blues for winger Gary McSheffrey.

England winger Stewart Downing can leave Middlesbrough if the club receive an acceptable offer according to club chief executive Keith Lamb.

Stoke are set to join the race to sign Manchester City defender Richard Dunne, who is also being tracked by Tottenham.

Tunisia's Ben Khalfallah is hoping that a French Ligue 1 side will pick him up after his SM Caen outfit were relegated to Ligue 2.

Manchester United apparently would like £75 million from Real Madrid, in order to part ways with Cristiano Ronaldo.

The agent of David Trezeguet has suggested the only way a swap deal with Inter and Julio Cruz would work is if the Nerazzurri threw in an extra €20 million.

Olof Mellberg is being linked with a move back to Aston Villa after a somewhat less than memorable first season in Turin.

Transfer Gossip

Chelsea are weighing up an English record £40m bid for Valencia's highly-rated Spanish international forward David Villa. - why do the Blues need yet another striker? Drogba' date=' Anelka, Kalou AND VILLA?!?![/color']

Real Madrid are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of France international midfielder Franck Ribery for £60m. - no suprise. he is the best winger in the world.

Tottenham have offered David Bentley plus £8m for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young. - good deal i would say, but o'neill wont give away ashley young.

Villa, though, are interested in taking £10m-rated midfielder Jermaine Jenas from Spurs, and are also keen on Serbian defensive midfielder Nenad Mililjas, who had been interesting Premier League new-boys Wolves. - gareth barry's replacement? villa should use the money to buy someone better. perhaps the likes of Joao Moutinho should be on their minds instead of Jenas.

Barcelona plan to capitalise on the financial problems at Liverpool with a £20m raid for Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano. - 20 million is too little. liverpool will ask for about 40 million. hicks & gillet can go to hell.

The Reds are also set to miss out on their top summer target - Valencia's Spanish midfielder David Silva - because of the budget constraints imposed on manager Rafael Benitez, with Real Madrid favourites to land the player. - screw hicks and gillet.

Manchester United's hopes of landing Lyon's £30m-rated striker Karim Benzema have been increased after the president of the French club, Jean-Michel Aulas, said the player was not "untransferable". - another reason why united have a chance of winning the quadruple next season. rooney, ronaldo, benzema, tevez, berbatov, evra, carrick, vidic, ferdinand. WOW.

Birmingham have been told they must pay £4m if they want to lure defender Scott Dann from Coventry, who have also rejected a £1m bid from the Blues for winger Gary McSheffrey. - Birmingham should turn their interest towards the spoils of the relegated clubs.

England winger Stewart Downing can leave Middlesbrough if the club receive an acceptable offer according to club chief executive Keith Lamb. - i saw this coming. downing, tuncay...exodus in the air!

Stoke are set to join the race to sign Manchester City defender Richard Dunne, who is also being tracked by Tottenham. - Dunne would see more game time at Stoke, but money can lure him towards Spurs. Stoke could really use him as an influential defender, keeping them away from relegation next season.

Tunisia's Ben Khalfallah is hoping that a French Ligue 1 side will pick him up after his SM Caen outfit were relegated to Ligue 2. - who doesn't want to be in the top leagues?

Manchester United apparently would like £75 million from Real Madrid, in order to part ways with Cristiano Ronaldo. - well. i thought united would ask for more!

The agent of David Trezeguet has suggested the only way a swap deal with Inter and Julio Cruz would work is if the Nerazzurri threw in an extra €20 million.- julio cruz + 20 million = trezeguet. the only thing good about the deal is the 20 million.

Olof Mellberg is being linked with a move back to Aston Villa after a somewhat less than memorable first season in Turin. - if i was him...i'd already be waiting at villa park gates.

my views in blue italics...

Why have you always had a problem with this thread :D

Just dont click on it :P

I found it's idea and also the way it was posted on, a bit stupid. Now there is another thread which is for really the same thing. People can just go on the BBC Gossip Column to find out the transfer rumours.

I found it's idea and also the way it was posted on' date=' a bit stupid. Now there is another thread which is for really the same thing. People can just go on the BBC Gossip Column to find out the transfer rumours.[/quote']

Same can be said for the other thread tho which you are happily posting on I believe.

The poll says everything about this thread tbh (231 for it :eek:) bet you can't find ANY other poll on here close to that :D, its one of the oldest threads on the forum and one of the most popular so if anything that other thread should not have been made and they should have posted on here