Bye Bye Jol =]

Guest the plummer

Re: Bye Bye Jol =]

He handed is resigantion before tottenham v Get Match' date=' It has been accepted

;)[/quote']

It's a shame. I have always liked him as a manager, I think he has done well at Tottenham, good luck for his next job. I heard he is going to be the new coach of Holland, with van Basten maybe going to Milan?!

Who will replace Jol? I hope it's not Juande Ramos :mad:

Im gutted that Jol has gone' date=' he needed until at least the end of the season, our board are a bunch of ******, good luck Martin for whatever you do next![/quote']

Amur you swore, I'm telling Teb (although I think teb will have a few words to say as well! :eek: )

Jol to Ajax, sound like a step-up for him.

It's comfirmed. It came through on Channel Five during the commentary on Everton v Larissa(Currently 3-1 Everton. Cahill' date=' Osman and Anichebe)[/quote']

It hasn't said anything on ITV about Ramos! :confused:

BBC Sport report Ramos will join at start of new season. No use whatsoever if that is true.

Not 100% confirmed either from what I gather, ITV4 can't seem to make their mind up after the game.

Martin Allen didn't know about it apparently, which seems a bit odd if someone that deep in Spurs didn't know.

BBC Sport report Ramos will join at start of new season. No use whatsoever if that is true.

Not 100% confirmed either from what I gather' date=' ITV4 can't seem to make their mind up after the game.

Martin Allen didn't know about it apparently, which seems a bit odd if someone that deep in Spurs didn't know.[/quote']

Yeh 'tis very weird! Did you hear that fan say Ramos was at the ground?!

I'm sure Spurs will release a press statement sooner or later saying if he has gone or not. If it is true about Ramos joining at the end of the season, what use is that for the rest of this season? Spurs need a new manager, quickly, they can't wait 'till then end of the season, surely?!

Awesome manager in the past few season's and apparently were playing badly as Jol isnt strong enough in training and didnt ever push player's or work hard on things that needed improvement.

Sad to see him go and I hope he gets a good pay off, will see him at Ajax soon :D

Ramos set to come in which I am kind of pleased to hear. May bring in a few Sevilla friends lol good staff etc there and possibly some player's he has ties with from Sevilla.

Should still qualify in a pretty easy to average group. The league will be a tougher challenge. I would expect a top 8 finish still.

I would not fancy the Assistant Manager' date=' Hughton, taking the reins.

The press seem to be struggling to get a word out of Spurs officially. Yet it has been 'confirmed' that he resigned.

By whom??!

Very bizarre.[/quote']

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't view the match report on the Spurs website, and it says nothing about Jol on there either!

After a google search, found this on the telegraph site...

Martin Jol has resigned as manager of Tottenham with Juande Ramos, the 53-year-old coach at Spanish club Sevilla, set to be named as his replacement and former Spurs player Gus Poyet his No 2.

The Tottenham board are understood to have decided they could no longer persevere with Jol, whose tenure this season has seen the club drop into the relegation zone with more than a quarter of the season played. He tendered his resignation before the Uefa Cup match against Getafe at White Hart Lane which his side lost 2-1. Word reached the fans in the ground and Jol's name was chanted during the match.

With Jol having left the club, it is likely that reserve team manager Clive Allen will be given the caretaker role for the Premier League visit of Blackburn on Sunday. Ramos could be installed in time for Tottenham's Carling Cup clash at home to Blackpool next Wednesday or next Saturday's league trip to Middlesbrough. Ramos is likely to want a Spanish and English-speaking assistant and Poyet, who is Dennis Wise's right-hand man at Leeds, fits the bill.

Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, has been unable to hide his disappointment at the team's worst start for 19 years. As early as August he was linked with a move for Ramos, who claimed at the time that he was committed to Sevilla.

Ramos has steered Sevilla to successive Uefa Cup triumphs, beating Middlesbrough in the final in Eindhoven in 2006 and Espanyol, in Glasgow, in May. The club are in this season's Champions League and are in a healthy position to qualify for the knockout stages.

The death of Antonio Puerta, Sevilla's 22-year-old midfielder, in August hit the club badly and it was felt it would be difficult for Ramos to leave so quickly after the tragedy. However, in the Primera Liga, Sevilla have struggled and are presently 11th with just nine points, and the offer from Tottenham is too tempting for the Spaniard to turn down.

Tottenham were unable to provide any satisfactory explanation for photographs of a meeting between then vice-chairman Paul Kemsley, club secretary John Alexander, Ramos and his agent, Alvaro Torres, published by Seville newspaper Estadio Deportivo in August.

Spurs denied they had met with Ramos, but the coach claimed that, through a third party, Spurs had made him an "excellent, dizzying offer". He later back-tracked, but the link with the Spaniard refused to go away.

Following a meeting with Jol, Levy said: "We have had two good, progressive seasons with fifth-place finishes. I am an ambitious chairman, we are an ambitious club and we want Champions League football at White Hart Lane.

"For that we need our management and coaching standards to be of the highest quality such that players can fulfil their potential and we can compete with the best."

Jol spent more than £40 million in the summer hoping to steer the club to a coveted Champions League place. But they have taken just four points from a possible 21, leaving the club in a precarious position.

Ramos won't be going to Spurs.

After the way the board has treated Jol, I'd be surprised if there were any managers out there who want the job.

A few seasons ago, Ramos was sacked after only a short time into his contract with Espanyol, and he took them all the way to court.

So I cant see him doing anything similar to Sevilla, by which I mean he would be parting company with them only a few games into a new season, and effectively leaving them in the lurch, which from a seemingly honourable man would be totally out of character.

As a Bolton fan to any Spurs fans, you have my permission to speak to Gary Megson, what a terrible appointment that is, how many games has he managed in Europe????

Ramos won't be going to Spurs.

After the way the board has treated Jol' date=' I'd be surprised if there were any managers out there who want the job.

A few seasons ago, Ramos was sacked after only a short time into his contract with Espanyol, and he took them all the way to court.

So I cant see him doing anything similar to Sevilla, by which I mean he would be parting company with them only a few games into a new season, and effectively leaving them in the lurch, which from a seemingly honourable man would be totally out of character.

[b'] As a Bolton fan to any Spurs fans, you have my permission to speak to Gary Megson, what a terrible appointment that is, how many games has he managed in Europe????[/b]

Rofl! Speddiez that was the comment of the month :D

I didnt know that much about Ramos and didnt know anything about that Espanyol thing so cheers for the info... Mourinho it is! lol ;)

Klinsman! Now that would be awesome!

It's about time.

Juande Ramos is an excellent choice for a new manager. He might not like the english style of play though

I am so unhappy with this decision!!!!!

2 seasons ago we nearly hit 4th!!! Only because of a dodgy meal. If we had finished 4th we would of been in the champions league. The money and everything would be different.

The way Levy has done this is disgraceful!!! Really is not the way it should be done.

Jol has been a breath of fresh air to us. Unfortunately I really do believe Bent was a very bad move. But the tactics have not been far wrong.

The players have been unhappy for a while. Because of this whole crappy thing!!!

And Ramos can hardly speak English! Poyet as assistant??? NO! What has he done. Leeds United for a season. woopie!!

KEEP JOL IN! I LOVE MARTIN JOL, AND MARTIN JOL LOVES ME!

Rofl! Speddiez that was the comment of the month :D

I didnt know that much about Ramos and didnt know anything about that Espanyol thing so cheers for the info... Mourinho it is! lol ;)

Klinsman! Now that would be awesome!

Klinsmann!!! Dont be daft! And also Sped. Ramos will be appointed within 4 days.

Gustavo Poyet will be asked for the assistants role sometime next week.

Klinsman would be great :D He is a Spurs legend too lol.

Rather Klinsman over Ramos. Even Van Basten over Ramos to be honest.

Jurgen just has not the experience I would want. He has only really managed the national side. Who did do well. But they were the hosts!

Ramos has at least had experience in europe. But we dont have one spanish player. January transfer window! We will prob buy 5 spaniards!!