Official World Cup 2014 Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread With Robin Van Persie suspended, tonight will be the first time in 221 games (1996) that the Netherlands will play without a player with 'Van' in their name.

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread Just downloaded Luis Suarez's greatest moments....it was only 3 MEGA BYTES.....#DEAD

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread I don't' date=' just thought what are common/similar things between your wifey n chicken. I came up with two: breasts and IQ. I know, her breasts are as big as m

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

That kid was at least 10 lol. De Bruyne is 23 :P

I was kidding' date=' mate. :D

So, de Bruyne might have had a child at 13 :eek:

it happens every once in a while

There was this kid in the news (in Portugal), that was a father at 13. :o

this is wronggggggggggggggg

Don't you think about having kids at your age, Zlook! :P

Belgium's 'golden generation' reminds me of England's last decade.

Well it is a golden generation, the players they are currently producing are much better than the last couple of generations of Belgium players.

Just because they've not played particularly well in the finals doesn't mean they aren't a golden generation, they've gone out because Wilmots couldn't get the best out of his players.

Well it is a golden generation' date=' the players they are currently producing are much better than the last couple of generations of Belgium players.

Just because they've not played particularly well in the finals doesn't mean they aren't a golden generation, they've gone out because Wilmots couldn't get the best out of his players.[/quote']

The 'golden' part implies that they're going to win things. I doubt they will.

I think Wilmots did pretty well. He was as good as any manager at making effective substitutes. The players have to do their bit too and many didn't.

They also suffer from the England 'golden generation' problem of having loads of good players in the middle and very few out wide. To do well, you need a plan B.

The 'golden' part implies that they're going to win things. I doubt they will.

I think Wilmots did pretty well. He was as good as any manager at making effective substitutes. The players have to do their bit too and many didn't.

They also suffer from the England 'golden generation' problem of having loads of good players in the middle and very few out wide. To do well' date=' you need a plan B.[/quote']

Well,they have plan B. Januzaj,Mertens or Mirallas are good enough impact subs if they play well. The problem is when Hazard coming off, he is subbed off for Chadli. What the hell he's doing in this team? Januzaj should've been brought on instead of him

Well' date='they have plan B. Januzaj,Mertens or Mirallas are [b']good enough[/b] impact subs if they play well. The problem is when Hazard coming off, he is subbed off for Chadli. What the hell he's doing in this team? Januzaj should've been brought on instead of him

They aren't good enough at this level IMO. Januzaj might turn out to be good enough but then he also prefers to play centrally.

They aren't good enough at this level IMO. Januzaj might turn out to be good enough but then he also prefers to play centrally.

Their defence is excellent and wing play is really good as well. It is in fact the middle that was the problem for Belgium with teams quickly finding out Belgiums way of playing out wide, once isolated and passing to likes of Fellaini Dembele and Witsel there was not much creativity going forwards at all. They're all more defensive minded unless its Fellaini deployed in the attacking role but even then he relies heavily on headers and can hardly create chances on his own. One creative spark in AM role is what Belgium desperately need in times of plan B

Their defence is excellent and wing play is really good as well. It is in fact the middle that was the problem for Belgium with teams quickly finding out Belgiums way of playing out wide' date=' once isolated and passing to likes of Fellaini Dembele and Witsel there was not much creativity going forwards at all. They're all more defensive minded unless its Fellaini deployed in the attacking role but even then he relies heavily on headers and can hardly create chances on his own. One creative spark in AM role is what Belgium desperately need in times of plan B[/quote']

Their fullbacks aren't. In fact both of them today were actually CBs.

The problem is that Belgium's wingers don't like to stay wide. They often start inverted and drift in, which combined with their central midfielders' love of getting forward completely congests that AM position. It's difficult to make yourself available and allow for creative play when there are so many bodies in there.

Their fullbacks aren't. In fact both of them today were actually CBs.

The problem is that Belgium's wingers don't like to stay wide. They often start inverted and drift in' date=' which combined with their central midfielders' love of getting forward completely congests that AM position. It's difficult to make yourself available and allow for creative play when there are so many bodies in there.[/quote']

The right winger stay wide, but the left winger tends to drift centrally and heavily dependent on Vertonghen overlapping. It's too predictable.

Well it is a golden generation' date=' the players they are currently producing are much better than the last couple of generations of Belgium players.

Just because they've not played particularly well in the finals doesn't mean they aren't a golden generation, they've gone out because Wilmots couldn't get the best out of his players.[/quote']

especially of Eden Hazard.