Official World Cup 2014 Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread With Robin Van Persie suspended, tonight will be the first time in 221 games (1996) that the Netherlands will play without a player with 'Van' in their name.

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread Just downloaded Luis Suarez's greatest moments....it was only 3 MEGA BYTES.....#DEAD

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread I don't' date=' just thought what are common/similar things between your wifey n chicken. I came up with two: breasts and IQ. I know, her breasts are as big as m

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

And this is why you don't question LVG :)

Wow .. this had my heart beating fast. So glad to make it this far. 2 more steps..

Not necessarily. It would have put a lot of confidence in Krul to be trusted with the shoot out.

The key comes in Cillessen's performance against Argentina. If his confidence has been knocked, they have an attack that will punish him.

Not necessarily. It would have put a lot of confidence in Krul to be trusted with the shoot out.

The key comes in Cillessen's performance against Argentina. If his confidence has been knocked' date=' they have an attack that will punish him.[/quote']

Holland is not England where a player would sulk over being dropped like that. This team is a unity and you probably saw Cillessen celebrating Kruls save as much as anyone. Cillessen is living the dream just starting in this WC having not even been first choice at Ajax at the start of the season

I mean' date=' as far as gamesmanship is concerned, I'd rather see some verbal psyching than an idiot biting people :P[/quote']

Yeah, because everyone condemning Krul thought that Suarez's bite was fine :rolleyes: Obviously the bite was worse but that doesn't make Krul's actions at all acceptable.

I hope Argentina smash them.

Yeah' date=' because everyone condemning Krul thought that Suarez's bite was fine :rolleyes: Obviously the bite was worse but that doesn't make Krul's actions at all acceptable.

I hope Argentina smash them.[/quote']

Meh. I mean most of us have enough experience dealing with that with our mates and I'd imagine especially in sports they're used to it too :P

Holland is not England where a player would sulk over being dropped like that. This team is a unity and you probably saw Cillessen celebrating Kruls save as much as anyone. Cillessen is living the dream just starting in this WC having not even been first choice at Ajax at the start of the season

It's not a matter of sulking, it's a matter of believing whether you yourself are good enough. If Argentina score then maybe Cillessen starts to wonder if Krul would have saved it and that wobbliness leads to further Argentina goals.

The team does look very united, but the goalkeepers are on their own for the most part. Nobody else can cover their mistakes. His background is also irrelevant.

Two things

1. I'd imagine LVG explains his reasoning to Cillessen

2. Hopefully Cillessen's confidence is not so brittle as to be hurt by being subbed.

I have read that Cillessen has never saved a penalty in his professional career, whether that is true or not I am unsure but I would imagine his inexperience at penalties made LVG go with Krul.

Yeah' date=' because everyone condemning Krul thought that Suarez's bite was fine :rolleyes: Obviously the bite was worse but that doesn't make Krul's actions at all acceptable.

I hope Argentina smash them.[/quote']Argentina's pre-World Cup antics with the banner regarding the Falklands Islands was much more unacceptable than Kruls behaviour tonight.

People that said Van Gaal have no confidence in Cillessen is talking bull, that man let the kid play from the beginning of the tournament. If he doesn't trust him, he should be no where near the starting line up in prior 4 matches.

The idea to have big, strong, tall, more experience goalkeeper during shootout is the wise idea. Can't fathom why people can't grasp this idea.

All I see from this Krul sub in for Cillessen is, Cillessen taking one for the team.

I mean, come on guys, a bit of thrash talk is like a daily thing in our lives.

Being a good athlete is also about not being rattled by a thrash-talking keeper...

Not saying I'd do what Krul is doing but I don't really see a problem with that tbh.

It's not a matter of sulking' date=' it's a matter of believing whether you yourself are good enough. If Argentina score then maybe Cillessen starts to wonder if Krul would have saved it and that wobbliness leads to further Argentina goals.

The team does look very united, but the goalkeepers are on their own for the most part. Nobody else can cover their mistakes. His background is also irrelevant.[/quote']

If Krul is better at penalties then that's that. Cillessen should understand that. Overall he is VG's number 1 and that's what matters.

Argentina's pre-World Cup antics with the banner regarding the Falklands Islands was much more unacceptable than Kruls behaviour tonight.

Now that's actually significant stuff that has the potential to cause a bilateral political crisis. Krul thrash-talking a penalty shooter - probably not.