Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Coutinho' date=' Lucas Moura.....we could go on....[/quote']

Coutinho and Lucas would have helped, they justified there selections but that isn't why they're going out.

They opted to leave Miranda and Felipe Luis, half of the best defence in world football last season in exchange for the likes of Maxwell and Henrique who wouldn't get near the England squad. The loss of those players is key to there downfall, it makes a much bigger difference then losing attacking players.

Come on Stu' date=' how can it be Dante's fault that Fernandinho passed it to a German five yards outside the box....

Anyhow anybody think Scolari will be seeking new employment opportunities in the morning...:o:o[/quote']

Spain and Scolari are perfect match :P

Masterminds of allowing 5+ goals a game

Coutinho and Lucas would have helped' date=' they justified there selections but that isn't why they're going out.

They opted to leave Miranda and Felipe Luis, half of the best defence in world football last season in exchange for the likes of Maxwell and Henrique who wouldn't get near the England squad. The loss of those players is key to there downfall, it makes a much bigger difference then losing attacking players.[/quote']

Oh obviously Coutinho and Lucas wouldn't help the reason they are losing today but I meant in terms of the whole squad shape.

Whilst I agree Luis Felipe is a massive step up on Marcelo and Miranda on Dante I think it is better to look at it in those respects than players like Maxwell and Henrique who ain't figured bar a few minutes.

Might there not be some psychological edge to this too? They've spent the best part of a week mourning his loss, right up to the anthem before the game. Whilst they looked fragile earlier in the tournament, there was no indication that a result like this was on the cards.

Oh obviously Coutinho and Lucas wouldn't help the reason they are losing today but I meant in terms of the whole squad shape.

Whilst I agree Luis Felipe is a massive step up on Marcelo and Miranda on Dante I think it is better to look at it in those respects than players like Maxwell and Henrique who ain't figured bar a few minutes.

That's fair enough, but at the same time these players weren't even deemed good enough for the 23 man squad.

Had they been put in the squad, then perhaps Scolari could have addressed the problems they had but Maxwell and Henrique don't give him that option.

Scolari won't be regretting Miranda' date=' Luis or Oscar. Cuz he's nuts, loopy like.

Lucas would have been the star of this World Cup if he was playing.[/quote']

If Lucas was playing DM Brazil wouldn't have conceded five that's for sure...;)

Might there not be some psychological edge to this too? They've spent the best part of a week mourning his loss' date=' right up to the anthem before the game. Whilst they looked fragile earlier in the tournament, there was no indication that a result like this was on the cards.[/quote']

On the contrary I think due to their emotional investment they were either going to do really well or bomb massively. A standard, non-dazzling but non-terrible performance was unlikely.

I read that they'd had professionals work with the players' mental side before the game but seems like they couldn't turn all that fire into something productive but rather crumbled under the pressure.

Just goes to show how important the mental side of the game is.

Archived