Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Well since I am waiting on an Argentina win for my bet to come in and given my luck so far this world cup' date=' Netherlands will probably win.[/quote']

You had Argentina to win it all, or just against Netherlands?

Lads' date=' can anyone tell me why Hummels got subbed?

He isn't injured, is he?

Thanks in advance![/quote']

From what I read, it was a tingling sensation in his knee, hollow, something something.

Brazil's loss was again England's fault.

Definitely not Brazil's fault. Just like Suarez biting was definitely the English media's fault, and not Suarez's fault.

I mean seriously which idiot comes up with these responsibility-evading excuses?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/brazils-media-blame-mick-jagger-3830864

I am glad Brazil got flogged as bad as they did, mainly because if it had of been say 2-1, Everyone would have been all 'neymar this, Silva that'. You are a special kind of deluded if you think those 2 could have made Brazil win, it was like watching them play Children.

I knew Germany would win but noone in their right mind saw that coming, Well done to Klose, who has been overshadowed as the Worlds Greatest Goalscorer in the premier competition... Too bad you do it in a game when your team scores 7 against the hosts!

My bet for Germany to defeat Argentina in the final at $13.00 Pre tournament is looking great now,. Too bad my Spain and Australia to get out of the group bet was the worst bet of all time!

That was one of, if not the, worst defensive displays from a team I have ever seen. Germany were good yes, but my god Brazil defensively were beyond embarrassing. David Luiz came screaming out the back line forty yards up the pitch every five minutes. Marcelo and Maicon didn't track, Dante went diving in and sold himself every tackle, the midfield three ball watched once it was past them. Once again Fred and Hulk were emphatically bad, as they have been all tournament. If I was Brazilian I would have been calling for them to be dropped this time last week. How they kept their places is completely beyond me, I can only put it down to blind faith from Scolari. I'd be amazed if either played for Beazil again. Last night showed how heavily they rely on Neymar for an attacking outlet and Thiago Silva for defensive organisation.

I'm not suggesting that had those two played then they would have won, but I very much doubt it would've been 5-0 after 30 minutes. The game was dead then. It's a shame but when you compare this team to the team that won 12 years ago in 2002, it's miles off. In 2002 they had maybe 4/5/6, maybe even more, players that would walk into a World XI. Now they'd struggle to get two into it (I wouldn't put Neymar in the best XI).

Germany were so ruthless though. It was scary at times. I fear for the Argies and the Dutch as both have equally average back lines and keepers IMO, even if they seem to be better organised. In terms of the actual players in the positions, I'm not overly impressed. I said at the start that whoever beats Brazil will win the competition and I can't see that changing now.

Brazilian newspaper O Globo gave all the Brazilian players 0 out of 10.

And David Luiz is worth £50M...

The new Brazilian chant is 'It's just like watching Barnsley'.

Ozil isnt just bad hes just mediocre imo... missing chances... not like hes gonna score every one of them imo...

His shooting technique has always been flawed. More often than not you will see him drilling the shot wide of the target towards goalie's left. He uses heavy inswinger which results in this. Almost like Nadal's forehand top spin. :P

Brazil's loss was again England's fault.

Definitely not Brazil's fault. Just like Suarez biting was definitely the English media's fault' date=' and not Suarez's fault.

I mean seriously which idiot comes up with these responsibility-evading excuses?

[url']http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/brazils-media-blame-mick-jagger-3830864[/url]

This is the most 'Mirror' article of all time

e: ludicrous hyperbole and all

Brazilian newspaper O Globo gave all the Brazilian players 0 out of 10.

And David Luiz is worth £50M...

The new Brazilian chant is 'It's just like watching Barnsley'.

Bit harsh. Luiz, Marcelo, Fernandinho and Fred all deserved zeros.

But I think the writing is on the wall when the extremely average Ramires was their best player and didn't even start.

He picked the wrong 23 man for Brazil squad, he stuck to his favourites

Coutinho, Rafael, Marquinhos, Lucas Moura, Rafinha, Roberto Firmino, Robinho, Michel Bastos, Dede, Dodo, Felipe Luiz, Miranda, Diego, Fernando, Alex Sandro

Felipe Luiz and Miranda won La liga impressively and got to Champs League final, Roberto Firmino and Robinho would of done more work than Fred

Coutinho' date=' Rafael, Marquinhos, Lucas Moura, Rafinha, Roberto Firmino, Robinho, Michel Bastos, Dede, Dodo, Felipe Luiz, Miranda, Diego, Fernando, Alex [/quote']

Rodrigo Lima was worth a shout too