Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Argentina by far the better side so far, the Dutch for me yet again have been so Dissapointing, they have been in all the knockout games, can't see the fuss about this side I really can't, overhyped after a Spanish implosion.

They rely almost totally on Robben for inspiration and Argentina have done a great job in keeping him quiet, barely seen him TBH.

Mascherano has been terrific, totally bossed the midfield, you forget because of Barca's criminal waste of him at CB what an absolute beast of a DM the guy is, in all the knockout games he has been phenomenal. In him and De Jong you have two guys who really understand the role on display.

At least tonight is a contest :)

Dutch wingbacks are pretty dead on the ball. Janmaat can't do it like Blind, and Kuyt is not left-footed. Not much space to begin with which makes everything even more static.

What a tackle by Mascherano, just sums him up tonight head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

Very bitty second half, not a lot to talk about much more even half but barely any chances of note.

Mascherano reputation has been damaged since being used as CB. Tonight shows why he is bought by Barca. He is great DM. I thought Perez did well before taken off, worthy replacement for Di Maria.

And Dirk Kuyt is legend. He is playing everywhere in this tournament, giving Van Gaal flexibility to bring subs

Everybody saying that Mascherano is the MOTM so far' date=' but I would give it to Vlaar. He has kept Messi out of the game single-handedly. Mascherano is for me a close second. Demichelis has had a great game too.[/quote']

Vlaar's been great sure but it's not only him that's kept Messi quiet.. De Jong did most of the work when he was on.

Messi is easy to put out a game anyway but he can pull off something magic at any moment.

Vlaar's been great sure but it's not only him that's kept Messi quiet.. De Jong did most of the work when he was on.

Messi is easy to put out a game anyway but he can pull off something magic at any moment.

Mascherano's last minute tackle was great, but Vlaar has at least done about three of those to keep Messi's shot out.

Now that you mention De Jong, I was even surprised he lasted as long as he was, but whilst on the pitch he did do his job very, very well too.

Precisely the first sentence is correct IMO.

Masch has been brilliant, Vlaar has done well but how much threat has there really been, I think he has been good but not close to Masch excellence.

Agree with Gozzy as well Enzo Perez was excellent as well why he was on the field.

Blimey Maxi Rodriguez!!

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez run down the wing for me...duh duh duh duh duh duh duh Maxi Maxi Rodriguez run down the wing for me!!

Ah to reminisce :)

Dirk Kuyt utter garbage.

He is a fwd/ right wing playing as a Left WB......

Never had a left foot what do you expect?!

He is doing a job, an unglamourous job but as throughout his career putting the team first.

Always gunna keep cutting in on his right, the coach knows this when he plays him there, it is Van Gaal's choice