Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

New generation Holland is very exciting. I'm looking forward to 2018 tbh. 2016 euros will be the last tournament for this group I think

Honestly I don't know too much about the new players they've got coming through (bar one or two like Maher and Van Ginkel)and I guess four years is a long time for them to develop. Wouldn't be surprised if they struggled still, it'll be a lot of players first World Cup in 2018 and there's obviously no guaremtees that they'll develop into class players.

Casnos hopefully hits another level this season if he gets a decent move. Depay' date=' Locadia are also very talented. I also have my favourite in the lad that not many have heard of, Steven Bergwijn[/quote']

Depay & Bergwijn are more wingers than strikers though aren't they?

Casnos is in danger of becoming a Bendtner :P

Hoping Locadia gets plenty of playing time in the upcoming season.

Depay & Bergwijn are more wingers than strikers though aren't they?

Casnos is in danger of becoming a Bendtner :P

Hoping Locadia gets plenty of playing time in the upcoming season.

Can play either position same with Zivkovic and Promes.

Casty's been the top Dutch scorer in Eredivisie, he's not that great atm but certainly not a flop.

And yeah so do I, and I'm sure he will :)

No it doesn't. Your best takers should always take first as you don't always need to take a 5th or even 4th penalty. Look at Ronaldo in the Euros - saved himself for 5th because of his huge ego and Portugal had lost before he could take a penalty.

Or sometimes they're just scared and hope they can evade the penalties by not shooting :P

I think people underestimating Argentina. Their defence have been superb in knockout stage. Garay and Zabaleta have been solid,Rojo always give additional attack from left side,Demichelis have been decent too. Mascherano in top form. Yesterday Lavezzi and Perez show that not only Messi dangerous. It will be close, as Germany defence have been saved by Neuer throughout the competition

I think people underestimating Argentina. Their defence have been superb in knockout stage. Garay and Zabaleta have been solid' date='Rojo always give additional attack from left side,Demichelis have been decent too. Mascherano in top form. Yesterday Lavezzi and Perez show that not only Messi dangerous. It will be close, as Germany defence have been saved by Neuer throughout the competition[/quote']

Romero's going to be buzzing too. Germany haven't been particularly great throughout the tournament either. Some excellent wins but sonera struggles as well.

They'll be favourites but I don't think it's a certainty.

Javier Mascherano on his match saving tackle against Robben...

" I didn't think I was going to make it, but Fortunatly I did however I tore my arse making the tackle, the pain"

Sounds painful the things you do for your country :P

Javier Mascherano on his match saving tackle against Robben...

" I didn't think I was going to make it' date=' but Fortunatly I did however I tore my arse making the tackle, the pain"

Sounds painful the things you do for your country :P[/quote']

you can say arse in here? excellent......can you say *******? :eek:

Seems like Vlaar did score his penalty... How didn't anyone notice?

2R1AyIV-tQM

Someone scored a penalty like that a while back and it counted lol. (Just some video I came across ages ago some Arabic league.

Watch Romero closely when the vid starts, He gets a piece of paper out and looks then puts it down his shorts. Close up video chirping about on YouTube as well.

2R1AyIV-tQM

i dont think it went in' date=' and also i dont think any complaints can be made about it.

Remember that a certain Goal Line Technology has been implemented throughout this world cup, so had the ball crossed the goal line, the referee would have been alerted about it.

Edit: Here's a vine that shows perfectly how the ball stops on the line, Vlaar also notices the ball rolling back, but sees that it doesnt go in.

No idea how to show the vine directly so ill just put the link

https://vine.co/v/MxBLtbXX5P0

Yeh, the referee would have known if the ball had crossed the line with the technology.

Also I've heard that another angle shows that the ball hits Vlaar's shoulder after it rebounds off him which would have prevented the goal from standing.

2R1AyIV-tQM

Doesn't count the moment the ball hits the ground anywhere in front of the goal. It's basically the same as the player in question (Vlaar) having a second punt after Romero saving the initial shot.

2R1AyIV-tQM

The ball didn't cross the line and even if it had crossed there would be no goal because Vlaar touched the ball with his arm after Romero saved the shot.

http://www.tycsports.com/noticias/Pudo-haber-cambiado-la-historia-20140710-0029.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpqM3-qCOX0

And there is funny example what can happen when goalkeeper forgets about the ball too early ;)

If someone (from the future :P) would have given you that list of words prior to the World Cup beginning, which sides would you think would go on to be finalists?

I'd have said Germany and Holland.

If someone (from the future :P) would have given you that list of words prior to the World Cup beginning' date=' which sides would you think would go on to be finalists?

I'd have said Germany and Holland.[/quote']

Forget that, I would have bet my entire house on Suarez having a nibble at someone at some given point (possibly someone Italian). :P