Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Yeh he must look back at losing to Switzerland with despair....I suppose winning it should lighten the feeling of humiliation....:o

Come on seriously....this is a man who has won major trophies both at club and International level to carry on the work Aragones started and keep Spain at the top of World Football is a magnificent achievement.

Tonight was humiliating but his players lost complete discipline and these results happen to even the greatest managers at some point' date=' it is how you react to adversity that defines you and after losing the opener at the last World Cup I think he and his side showed they are capable.

As I say to soon to start the obituaries for anything Spain related, but that is one hell of a psychological setback to overcome.[/quote']

Spain's level of play dipped under VDB than with Aragones if you look carefully. But even then these players were mostly Barca's players and they had adopted tiki taka remarkably well when VDB did take over. Everything was going well for Barcelona n Spain then. It was the easiest time to be in charge of the team. Ofcourse he is good but definitely not one of the best coaches I've seen.

Spain's level of play dipped under VDB than with Aragones if you look carefully. But even then these players were mostly Barca's players and they had adopted tiki taka remarkably well when VDB did take over. Everything was going well for Barcelona n Spain then. It was the easiest time to be in charge of the team. Ofcourse he is good but definitely not one of the best coaches I've seen.

I think you are being a but harsh personally.

he changed 33% of the squad before 2010 and another 33% before Euro 2012 so he has seen a change of 66% of personnel and still led Spain to two successive major titles....

Personally I think that takes some doing no matter who you are...

Anyhow feeling abit tired and this game is now officially a case of how many so time for bed and get up for the Rugby in the morning.

Good night. :)

Even Pep should've won UCL with Bayern this season' date='isn't it?The same absolutely astonishing team+Gotze and Thiago.Even City shouldn't have struggled to get out of the group stages ain't it?Don't embarass yourself pal.You need to be a quality manager to win trophies,even if you have the best players.Having the best players doesn't mean that you will win it,you have to build a team.

Especially to win a WC and an EC.

Lovely Alexis[/quote']

You're forgetting the Barcelona factor in Spain's success. It is the main reason why they could be so consistent and the opponents were clearly out of ideas as well but tiki taka is getting read now relatively easily. Spain has had their time at the top and its time for them to fall. Hopefully fall face first. :)

You're forgetting the Barcelona factor in Spain's success. It is the main reason why they could be so consistent and the opponents were clearly out of ideas as well but tiki taka is getting read now relatively easily. Spain has had their time at the top and its time for them to fall. Hopefully fall face first. :)

You are forgetting the conflicts created between the players because of El Clasico too.He managed that situation very well.

he changed 33% of the squad before 2010 and another 33% before Euro 2012 so he has seen a change of 66% of personnel and still led Spain to two successive major titles....

Anyhow feeling abit tired and this game is now officially a case of how many so time for bed and get up for the Rugby in the morning.

The players that Spain has got are pretty much similar. All tricky passers with excellent vision its not a huge task to bring some new faces in. But one thing I do admit about VDB is he retains the respect of the players but then again Barcelona are a very disciplined club which helped.

I second that.

Good night to you too Ray!

You are forgetting the conflicts created between the players because of El Clasico too.He managed that situation very well.

Ya in terms of man management he is really capable but not a creative coach like Aragones.

Ya in terms of man management he is really capable but not a creative coach like Aragones.

He can't be perfect,can he?He's a more complete manager than Aragones and anyway,I can't see a better coach than him at another NT.

He can't be perfect' date='can he?He's a more complete manager than Aragones and anyway,I can't see a better coach than him at another NT.[/quote']

If he can take Spain to semis or more then I'll admit having underestimated him.

The other coaches stints have been far less than VDB so its hard to compare.

Well done to Australia started playing some good football.

No doubt Tim Cahill is our best ever player' date=' great header to pull a goal back.[/i']

Second half will be good.

The Aussies here are going off.

Australia are doing well; however, I think their talent is not enough to match that of Chile, the dark horse in the group, and I think they can finish 2nd, ahead of Spain

Australia are doing well; however' date=' I think their talent is not enough to match that of Chile, the dark horse in the group, and I think they can finish 2nd, ahead of Spain[/quote']

Of course its not enough, this is a new Australian side filled with youngsters besides Cahill and Breciano.

Doesn't mean swat, anything can happen in football, youth can also beat experience, not always, but can.

He answered your question pal :)

And I'm glad for him' date=' his scoring skills with head are world class, he is like Jan Koller, just short.

But still, Australia is awful team and they would not make it from European qualifications.

B)

[YOUTUBE']LncKFY-w7jg[/YOUTUBE]

Of course its not enough' date=' this is a new Australian side filled with youngsters besides Cahill and Breciano.[/color']

Doesn't mean swat, anything can happen in football, youth can also beat experience, not always, but can.

Well so close for Australia, offside goal by Cahill and it was a header:O

So close again.

Well, the Socceroos are exceeding expectations for now

Australia are doing well; however' date=' I think their talent is not enough to match that of Chile, the dark horse in the group, and I think they can finish 2nd, ahead of Spain[/quote']

Chile's defence is shocking though, mainly the CBs.

Australia were crossing left and right and Cahill always beat the Chilean CBs in aerial play. They're too short and their marking skills aren't great either :o

Chile's defence is shocking though' date=' mainly the CBs.

Australia were crossing left and right and Cahill always beat the Chilean CBs in aerial play. They're too short and their marking skills aren't great either :o[/quote']

Yeah but Cahill is and always has been a beast in the air. They can count themselves unfortunate, great display from the Aussies and they can be proud of there performance.

Whats people overall assessment of Australia? New coach attempting to play a whole new style with a bunch of new young players. In the group we were in the media here was expecting us to loose every game convincingly and not score (we struggled to make more than a chance against Croatia in our last warm up game). Obviously Im over the moon and think we definitely deserved at least a draw.

What did the neutral (or person not blinded by patriotism) make of the performance as a whole. Did people expect Australia to be a walk over for Chile?

Yeah but Cahill is and always has been a beast in the air. They can count themselves unfortunate' date=' great display from the Aussies and they can be proud of there performance.[/font']

Sure mate, but they should make up for their poor aerial play by being more rigorous, positioning and marking wise.

Like you said, great effort from Australia!

Anyway, I'm glad to see your new sig. :D