Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

I'd just like to mention 2 things I liked about today's matches (so far):

Joel Campbell's performance and England's goal, a textbook counter-attack.

Unfortunate for England, I reckon a draw would have been the fairest result.

EDIT: oh, and Pirlo's free kick was simply incredible.

I don't blame Hart for picking the wrong side, as the curve of the shot. mid way, was just ridiculous. :eek:

Good game for England though. Italy really showing what they are made of. The two biggest boys in Pirlo and Balotelli coming through. Pirlo is a genius and Balotelli, well why always him.

However, England should be happy as It was still a good performance. Especially from Sterling and Sturridge! I just feel like Lambert should have been put on!

You don't need to bring on Wilshere after Barks, but someone who could put more pressure on the CBs and that would have been Lambert.

Underwhelming from Japan, anyone seen that coming. Giving too many possesion away and Kagawa become his Manchester United self, completely anonymous, Honda faded too as he's almost working alone with Yuya Osako another disappear completely from the game. Not helping when Kagawa just comes out freaking 5 minutes before the game ending.

Yaya Toure choosed as MotM? Blimey :o

Oh and Pirlo, suprised no one posted his free kick gif yet :P

Underwhelming from Japan' date=' anyone seen that coming. Giving too many possesion away and Kagawa become his Manchester United self, completely anonymous, Honda faded too as he's almost working alone with Yuya Osako another disappear completely from the game. Not helping when Kagawa just comes out freaking 5 minutes before the game ending.

Yaya Toure choosed as MotM? Blimey :o

Oh and Pirlo, suprised no one posted his free kick gif yet :P[/quote']

CourteousHatefulBat.gif

Why? He didn't score. Should really of kicked the ball into the corner to waste time rather than give possesion back to England.

unbelievable. Thats how you rate that free kick? It was much close to Roberto Carlos' free kick against France.

What a spectacular trajectory it had.

Didier Drogba seems to be taking the credit for the Ivory Coast win yesterday, despite not being involved in either of the goals. For some reason people still see him as this world class player and major threat for them, but he's long past his best and really struggled this season in the Turkish League.

I'm rooting for Ivory Coast and Wilfried Bony in this World Cup, so hopefully they'll continue with the attacking three of Kalou, Gervinho and Bony against Colombia and Greece with all three on the back of good seasons.

Didier Drogba seems to be taking the credit for the Ivory Coast win yesterday' date=' despite not being involved in either of the goals. For some reason people still see him as this world class player and major threat for them, but he's long past his best and really struggled this season in the Turkish League.

I'm rooting for Ivory Coast and Wilfried Bony in this World Cup, so hopefully they'll continue with the attacking three of Kalou, Gervinho and Bony against Colombia and Greece with all three on the back of good seasons.[/quote']

What do you reckon the chances are of Bony staying if he has a decent WC? Slim to none I would imagine.

What do you reckon the chances are of Bony staying if he has a decent WC? Slim to none I would imagine.

I'd say he's very likely to stay even if he has a good world cup.

He's our player, he's happy to stay and isn't going to force a transfer and if he does go it will be for a fee we can't refuse of at least £30 million which I can't see anybody paying.

Didier Drogba seems to be taking the credit for the Ivory Coast win yesterday' date=' despite not being involved in either of the goals. For some reason people still see him as this world class player and major threat for them, but he's long past his best and really struggled this season in the Turkish League.

I'm rooting for Ivory Coast and Wilfried Bony in this World Cup, so hopefully they'll continue with the attacking three of Kalou, Gervinho and Bony against Colombia and Greece with all three on the back of good seasons.[/quote']

He's a true talisman, just being on the field gives his team mates a lift, let alone his fellow countryman many whom see him as a god. its no surprise they lifted the moment he came on even if he wasnt directly involved. Whilst i think Bony needs to start, Drogba is almost the perfect sub to bring on as he offers plenty and inspires the rest, His goalscoring form for country is still impressive of late also.

For all us Liverpool fans watching.....like me with the latest rumours doing the rounds....

Shaqiri has been poo this half' date=' so wasteful, the good news is that he can surely only improve :o

Ecuador deserve there lead.[/quote']

Never seen what all the fuss over Shaqiri has been about. Only seen him a dozen or so times and on each occasion, he's been excrement.

For all us Liverpool fans watching.....like me with the latest rumours doing the rounds....

Shaqiri has been poo this half' date=' so wasteful, the good news is that he can surely only improve :o

Ecuador deserve there lead.[/quote']

It's all about Ricardo Rodriguez :)

Never seen what all the fuss over Shaqiri has been about. Only seen him a dozen or so times and on each occasion' date=' he's been excrement.[/quote']

Excrement...clever way if getting around the filter, I like it :P

Well if you take the word of all the Liverpool fans who "apparently" see him all the time he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.....

He has got a fancy foreign sounding name so he must be...

Excrement...clever way if getting around the filter' date=' I like it :P

Well if you take the word of all the Liverpool fans who "apparently" see him all the time he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.....

He has got a fancy foreign sounding name so he must be...[/quote']

Ha, well I like to find ways of abusing the system :)

Have those Liverpool fans not learnt from past experience? Titi Camara was as fancy as they come in terms of player names :)