Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

I am gutted with that decision' date=' I have him as anytime goalscorer, shame it didn't stand as now he is subbed.[/quote']

In all honesty I need another goal, a Swiss one would be better.

Shaqiri offers nothing without the ball, such a sulker.

Behrami amazing' date=' ref FairPlay, Rodriguez great ball, MEHMEDI!!!!![/quote']

It was Seferovic goal.

Shaqiri is very good, who says otherwise never saw him play properly. He had a bad season, with injury and low amount of minutes in a poor bayern (pep's management), he's not on his best form. Who saw him play for Basel, 2 seasons ago, and last year under Heincks know his value.

That defending on the last goal was simply horrid. Almost vomited looking at the lack of competence in defensive organization, especially at such a vital time in the game.

The goal was really so simple. Swiss left side draws one of the center backs out because the right back was nowhere to be found, which exposes the other Ecuadorian center back all alone against 2(!) Swiss attackers. Defensive midfielders not able to help out because none were to be found!?! Ridiculously bad defending.

Was no one watching ITV?

Clarke Carlisle said in commentary that he couldn't believe Jackson Martinez wasn't playing lol. Numpty

I think he was talking about teams not picking some of their best players in order to fit a system. Colombia and Martinez were one of his examples, as I think Ecuador were today but I'm not sure who the player he was talking about was.