Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Embarrassing post.

Embarrassing in what sense? This from the guy who said Rickie Lambert was the next Grant Holt?

Koscielny's shown he can't be relied on in big games time and time again, it's completely understandable that Dechamps doesn't feel he can be relied on.

I don't think you'd be so sure about starting an England player who had the indiscipline to get himself sent off in a world cup play off.

2-0. Goal line technology finally in use.

These commentators are a joke, how stupid do you have to be to fail to understand that the ball hit the post rolled across the goal and then crossed the line. The technology worked fine, they are too daft to realise that sometimes there might be more than one chance for the ball to cross the line.

This is hilarious, the sheer desperation to show that the goal line technology works is utterly bizarre. Firstly saying "No Goal" when nobody would dispute that it was when it hit the post firstly. Obviously when it went across the face of the goal in passed the line.

Now its been listed as an own goal, boules de feu!!

Allez les bleus!

Hilarious. What exactly is it that they don't understand?

How can they have seriously think there's anything controversial about that goal and that the system doesn't work.

The only thing more inept than the replays of the goal line technology obvious goals was Pearce's and Keown's reaction to the goal line technology when the ball hit the post.

Keown "How can you say it wasn't a goal, and then it was a goal". It's never a goal until it is a goal Martin.

Pearce "Does it work or doesn't it?" It works Jonathan.

How can they have seriously think there's anything controversial about that goal and that the system doesn't work.

The only thing more inept than the replays of the goal line technology obvious goals was Pearce's and Keown's reaction to the goal line technology when the ball hit the post.

Keown "How can you say it wasn't a goal' date=' and then it was a goal". It's never a goal until it is a goal Martin.

Pearce "Does it work or doesn't it?" It works Jonathan.[/quote']

It's ridiculous they had to see if the ball went over the line when it came back off the post to see if it was Benzema's goal or not. I just don't understand how they can't understand this.

Keown "How can you say it wasn't a goal' date=' and then it was a goal". It's never a goal until it is a goal Martin.

Pearce "Does it work or doesn't it?" It works Jonathan.[/quote']

It's ridiculous they had to see if the ball went over the line when it came back off the post to see if it was Benzema's goal or not. I just don't understand how they can't understand this.

I honestly think that showing the graphical representation of the ball crossing the line is needless. The referee knows the second the ball crosses the line so why even bother showing us? It just causes confusion for idiots like Richard Keys, Martin Keown and Jonathan Pearce. The so-called experts.

I honestly think that showing the graphical representation of the ball crossing the line is needless. The referee knows the second the ball crosses the line so why even bother showing us? It just causes confusion for idiots like Richard Keys' date=' Martin Keown and Jonathan Pearce. The so-called experts.[/quote']

Yeah they should just use it the way it is used in the prem.

Also this Honduran team is a disgrace.

It's remarkable' date=' they aren't the only ones though.

Pat Nevin "I don't think it has gone over the line. I'm disagreeing with the technology. That is not a goal."

Richard Keys "That wasn't in. At any time. Told you this technology wasn't fool proof."

I honestly think that showing the graphical representation of the ball crossing the line is needless. The referee knows the second the ball crosses the line so why even bother showing us? It just causes confusion for idiots like Richard Keys, Martin Keown and Jonathan Pearce. The so-called experts.

It's a bit needless, but there's no excuse for the confusion of professional pundits.

The commentator on Dutch tv went on about it for 10 minutes or so because he hadn't noticed the 2nd thing did say "goal" so he thought it was a goal after the technology had said "no goal" for the first part.

We need commentator technology... :o

Also I think its a good thing that they show it, that way it keeps viewers from being stupid and just shows them what happened. Not everyone has the thing called "intelligence".