Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

I believe the goal / no goal (goal line technology) for that second goal was to determine who scored the goal' date=' whether it should be Benzema's or an own goal. Rather than it is goal or not.[/quote']

Exactly I am completely baffled to how people are that thick they can't understand this.

The commentator on Dutch tv went on about it for 10 minutes or so because he hadn't noticed the 2nd thing did say "goal" so he thought it was a goal after the technology had said "no goal" for the first part.

We need commentator technology... :o

Also I think its a good thing that they show it' date=' that way it keeps viewers from being stupid and just shows them what happened. Not everyone has the thing called "intelligence".[/quote']

Jonathan Pearce still thinks its a controversial goal.

Now Lineker doesn't think it went in.

Thought this technology was supposed to remove any debate/opinion on whether it's a goal or not.

The technology says it's a goal, accept it and shut up. Everyone has been bemoaning the lack of it for years, and now they question it.

Considering how much of an advocate Lineker was of goal line technology, it's ridiculous that he can't accept it's decision. Thankfully this didn't happen against England, as we'd be hearing about how the technology cost them for years to come by the media.

Had Switzerland 2-1 at 9/1.

Had France 3-0 at 7/1.

Have Argentina 3-1 at 11/1.

Gutted no Higuain, had him in a first goalscorer trixie with Benzema and Drmic, obv only now a double but would really have fancied Higs to score first :o

Come on Messi! Fantasy football capitano :)

Best player in the world starting tonight. He'll be leading the line with Messi ;)

Argentina are interesting with the 5 at the back + Masch in midfield. Maybe they're understandably trusting Kun, Messi and di Maria to do the job up top and are relying on numbers to solve the issues they have at the back.

Thankfully as it was an own goal my scorecast and first goalscorer bets are still live.

For a match that was so built up and with so much attacking talent on display it's been pretty flat so far. Few good moments but not many, Aguero and Messi have hardly been in the game so far.

Bosnia possesses the technique of a russian plumber, so many really easy, stops and passes done wrong, and Argentina isnt being exactly the hardest of opponents, nor are they pressing so heavily that Bosnia missing due to the pressure.

Ang Argentina has been quite poor overall

Bosnia possesses the technique of a russian plumber' date='[/b'] so many really easy, stops and passes done wrong, and Argentina isnt being exactly the hardest of opponents, nor are they pressing so heavily that Bosnia missing due to the pressure.

Ang Argentina has been quite poor overall

you have experience? :P

Thankfully as it was an own goal my scorecast and first goalscorer bets are still live.

For a match that was so built up and with so much attacking talent on display it's been pretty flat so far. Few good moments but not many' date=' Aguero and Messi have hardly been in the game so far.[/quote']

Don't think it's their fault. They're so isolated with Argentina's 5 at the back. Taking off a CB, moving the wing backs to full back roles and putting in another midfielder would do them a world of good IMO.

you have experience? :P

I lived a year in Russia, so i've seen Russian plumbers in action, and yes, Bosnia resembles a russian Plumbers technique quite alot :D

PS. Dont get me wrong, im actually rooting for Bosnia, but they got to get their shi*p* together if they want to try and even the game

I lived a year in Russia' date=' so i've seen Russian plumbers in action, and yes, Bosnia resembles a russian Plumbers technique quite alot :D

PS. Dont get me wrong, im actually rooting for Bosnia, but they got to get their shi*p* together if they want to try and even the game[/quote']

:D:D ok me too :)