Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Nope' date=' I'm not calling you a glory hunter. I didn't call you anything yet but since you've brought it up, I'll now call you a megawhiner.

Nice edit by the way, adding some attitude and hostility.[/quote']

Says the person who was clearly irritated by my honest criticism.

Fair point. In fact' date=' Ramires over Lucas Moura is even more staggering.[/quote']

He is probably worried about Mexico's wing backs who tend to bomb on and with the defensive capabilities (cough,cough) of Dani Alves and Marcelo probably not the worse idea especially when on the other side Neymar really ain't to interested in tracking back.

I can see the logic, might not have done it myself but the logic is fair enough.

Try Gustavo and Paulinho over Fernandinho. Scolari has his favourites.

Gustavo is absolutely vital to the Brazilian team. Hasn't set a foot wrong in ages for them. No reason to bench him whatsoever. The least flashy one in the team (and god knows he needs to get rid of that dirty moustache) but doing what he is asked of.

Brazil have been lacklustre again today.

Full-backs are so poor again. Oscar absent.

Paulinho needs to come off again, absolutely worthless.

Fred doing his usual thing.

Mexico, on the other hand, have looked very strong going forward. Some very neat passing combinations and definitely some worthy chances created.

Defensively, they worry me at times. That offside trap seems to be working flawlessly, but it's so, so risky when you're playing against players like Neymar and co. Great keeping by Ochoa though.

Hoping for a more exciting second half.

Ochoa is a really good keeper' date=' remember him having a couple of stormers with Ajaccio last season.[/quote']

Aye at the start of the season against PSG, ruined a mad accumulator I had going. PSG at one point starting throwing the kitchen sink at him at the end and eventually did score but the game finished a tie.

It has to be said that the camera person's have been in fine form this WC and have been picking out some stunners in the crowd;) The Columbian girls in particular were a nice treat. Pity' date=' we have no Scandinavian teams this time...[/quote']

Scandis are overrated in looks but underrated in personalities ;)

Paulinho is so' date=' so dire.......[/quote']

The "ability" of Marcelo's and Dani Alves defending is much much worse....

Mexico dominating at the minute, Oscar is he playing??

Fred's movement is non existant and Paulinho is at my kindest decidedly average :o

Still fancy Brazil 1-0

I wouldn't know about the latter but I definitely disagree with the former;)

I'd describe them as naturally pretty. But they tend not to win too many intl. contests though since we guys seem to like the dolls even though we insist otherwise :P