Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Still hugely disappointing and unconvincing......Brazil just have no alternative when things don't go their way.....Core players MIA' date=' bench options uninspiring, [b']Felipao has a herculean task on his hands[/b]

Not really.

I can't see Brazil getting nothing out of their last game, and 5 out of 9 should be enough to seal the deal in my opinion.

They'll be knocked out in the next round if they play like this though.

Some incredible odds for Korea to beat Russia (4.75).... I'll take those!

They qualified by the skin of their teeth and won't do well. There best players, such as Lee Chung Yong and Park Chu Yong have been poor since 2010 and I can see why the odds are as high as they are.

Not really.

I can't see Brazil getting nothing out of their last game' date=' and 5 out of 9 should be enough to seal the deal in my opinion.

They'll be knocked out in the next round if they play like this though.[/quote']

They'll beat Cameroon for sure, I meant if they want to have a sniff of the trophy

They qualified by the skin of their teeth and won't do well. There best players' date=' such as Lee Chung Yong and Park Chu Yong have been poor since 2010 and I can see why the odds are as high as they are.[/quote']

Their best player is Son Heung-Min and should offer more threat than any Russian out there

They qualified by the skin of their teeth and won't do well. There best players' date=' such as Lee Chung Yong and Park Chu Yong have been poor since 2010 and I can see why the odds are as high as they are.[/quote']

Russia don't have Shirokov though and those CB's are dinossaurs still the same of the EURO2004.. Dzagoev and Kherzakov also not in shape..

I disagree. Kerzhakov' date=' Kokorin, Fayzulin or Dzagoev would offer more of a threat than him.[/quote']

Kerzhakov and Dzagoev are not even starting. Kokorin and Faizulin are average at best. Would not cut it at a top club

Kerzhakov and Dzagoev are not even starting. Kokorin and Fayzulin are average at best. Would not cut it at a top club

I don't know if you're aware about this, but Son Heung-Min only scored one goal in the qualifiers, which was against the mighty Qatar. He couldn't even score against Iran, Lebanon and Uzbekistan. That's how good he is!

I don't know if you're aware about this' date=' but Son Heung-Min only scored one goal in the qualifiers, which was against the mighty Qatar. He couldn't even score against Iran, Lebanon and Uzbekistan. That's how good he is![/quote']

Maybe because he's mainly been used as a sub? His goal against Qatar came from a sub too.

Maybe because he's mainly been used as a sub? His goal against Qatar came from a sub too.

I wasn't aware of that, the stats site I used didn't show how many minutes he played. I assumed he started most games because of his quality. It's really surprising to find that he hasn't.