Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Falcao is supposed to have been left out of the Columbia world cup squad! Anyone seen any reports about the Columbia final 23' date=' i thought it was meant to be in yesterday?[/quote']

Today at 11pm was the deadline.

They were going to leave it until the very last minute so nothing concrete yet.

Italy squad

BpEB6OEIEAABMl8.jpg

Rossi biggest surprise to be left out no doubt. As for Aquilani, I find him rather a pointless pick. I'm a bit sad to see Maggio or Pasqual on the team but Darmian is a solid pick. I'm very happy to see Immobile, Cerci, Parolo, Cassano, and Palleta!

Today at 11pm was the deadline.

They were going to leave it until the very last minute so nothing concrete yet.

Ah right, should hear soon enough then, i hope he has gone but if he isn't remotely fit enough then i guess he won't shine anyway. Be a bit like Ronaldo in the final against france in 2002.

Edit: Seems like he is out of the world cup, looks to have been confirmed!

Ah right' date=' should hear soon enough then, i hope he has gone but if he isn't remotely fit enough then i guess he won't shine anyway. Be a bit like Ronaldo in the final against france in 2002.

Edit: Seems like he is out of the world cup, looks to have been confirmed![/quote']

Yep, no Falcao :(

Croatia:

Keepers: Stipe Pletikosa (Rostov), Daniel Subasic (Monaco), Oliver Zelenika (NK Lokomotiva).

Defenders: Dario Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk), Vedran Corluka (Lokomotiv Moscow), Danijel Pranjic (Panathinakos), Dejan Lovren (Southampton), Domagoj Vida (Dynamo Kiev), Gordon Schildenfeld (Panathinakos), Sime Vrsaljko (Genoa).

Midfielders: Luka Modric (Real Madrid), Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla), Ognjen Vukojevic) (Dynamo Kiev), Ivan Perisic (Wolfsburg), Mateo Kovacic (Inter), Sammir (Getafe), Marcelo Brozovic (Dinamo Zagreb), Ivan Mocinic (Rijeka).

Strikers: Ivica Olic (Wolfsburg), Edouardo (Shakhtar Donetsk), Mario Mandzukic (Bayern Munich), Nikica Jelavic (Hull City), Ante Rebic (Fiorentina).

Modric-Rakitic-Kovacic = beautiful football

Muriel left out too. Big blow not to have those 2 for them.

True, i think Falcao is a big loss but with Bacca, Ibarbo, Martinez and Ramos i'm not sure Muriel fits in. Especially with him being injured and not getting a huge amount of game time compared to the others this year.

No Schmelzer' date=' Meyer, Volland, Bender Bros., Gomez, Kiessling, Holtby, Leno, ter Stegen & Kruse...... & why Kramer???[/quote']

Lars injured, Meyer is surplus, Schmelle underperform in 2nd part of the season and got usurped by Durm, and Holtby just being Holtby.

We know that Schweinsteiger and Khedira still in fitness doubt, Kramer will fit in case of emergency though of course the inexperienced raises a question mark.

Joshua Kennedy, Luke Wilkshire, Tom Rogic and Mark Birighitti cut from Australia's squad.

Australia's 23 man team:

Goalkeepers: Eugene Galekovic (Adelaide United), Mitch Langerak (Borussia Dortmund), Mat Ryan (Club Brugge)

Defenders: Jason Davidson (Heracles), Ivan Franjic (Brisbane Roar), Ryan McGowan (Shandong Luneng), Matthew Spiranovic (Western Sydney Wanderers), Alex Wilkinson (Jeonbuk Motors), Bailey Wright (Preston North End).

Midfielders: Oliver Bozanic (Luzern), Mark Bresciano (Al Gharafa), James Holland (Austria Vienna), Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace), Massimo Luongo (Swindon Town), Matt McKay (Brisbane Roar), Mark Milligan (Melbourne Victory), Dario Vidosic (Sion)

Forwards: Tim Cahill (New York Red Bulls), Ben Halloran (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Mathew Leckie (FSV Frankfurt), Tommy Oar (Utrecht), Adam Taggart (Newcastle Jets), James Troisi (Atalanta)

upYOIoz.gif

Why shouldn't he be there? He is only 34 and one of their greatest players.

Eto'o is 33' date=' should he not be called for Cameroon?

And Xavi is 34...

Why care about the age so much when they can play better than some of those young players. They still have it [img']http://i.imgur.com/upYOIoz.gif[/img]

exactly. Remember Zidane of 2006 & Pirlo of 2012.

Calm down, actually I like him, he was a good player. But even in his last season in Everton he wasn't good as before, he just got older. But the fact the he still have a place in Australia squad says a lot about them, they have luck that they don't play European qualifications, they are strong as much as Lithuania is, and I don't see Lithuania on World Cup.

Oh, I see that Mark Bresciano is also still there. Seriously then, where are Viduka and Kewell:p

Here's a nice story..

Sammy Bossut' date=' Belgiums 5th choice keeper is going to the world cup after Casteels failed to recover from his injury and Silvio Proto has a broken arm.

He was given his Belgium debut last month. :)[/quote']

his debut was last sunday against sweden :P

Archived