Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Against Luxembourg actually on the 26 of May

Well yes, but that cap is void since Wilmots made seven substitutions, one more than the permitted number.

Anyway, a massive blow for France. Ribery pulls out of France's World Cup squad due to injury. Schneiderlin has been called up to replace him.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yes' date=' but that cap is void since Wilmots made seven substitutions, one more than the permitted number.

Anyway, a massive blow for France. Ribery pulls out of France's World Cup squad due to injury. Schneiderlin has been called up to replace him.[/quote']

Grenier out as well. Cabella in

Shame as I really wanted to have a look at Thauvin in the world cup but it's not to be

Bit of a difference between Tim "gone to America because I'm no longer that good" and two players who'd just finished seasons playing for two of the worlds biggest clubs.

yeah but they were considered bench warmers in their respective clubs.

I really do think England stand a good chance this world cup. Our group is tough but Italy are in terrible form, Uruguay have only got about 3 stars and then the rest of the squad are quite/v.poor. Think this is the best england squad in a long time :)

Mustafi replaces him :o Was sure Volland would get the nod now. Wth is Low thinking?

He has enough replacement with Schurrle,Podolski and Draxler can play Reus position. He should've leave Draxler earlier and take Mustafi instead

He has enough replacement with Schurrle' date='Podolski and Draxler can play Reus position. He should've leave Draxler earlier and take Mustafi instead[/quote']

They only have one 36 year old striker though. And Reus adds a lot to their goalscoring. I would have thought Volland was the obvious choice under the circumstances.

They only have one 36 year old striker though. And Reus adds a lot to their goalscoring. I would have thought Volland was the obvious choice under the circumstances.

They have plenty of other players that can play up top or where Reus plays and plenty of goalscorers. I'm not sure how a player significantly worse than Reus who won't get any game time is the obvious choice.

Even at friendly,Volland wasn't used as 2nd choice striker. I think Volland exclusion means Low much prefer Muller,Podolski,Schurrle,Gotze,or even Ozil and Reus to play as emergency striker

No Falcao' date=' Ibra, Reus, Ribery. Ronaldo n Costa will play as half fit players. So they're not gonna amount to much either. So the stage is set for the latin American trio of Messi, Neymar n Suarez to shine through.[/quote']

Suarezis more of a doubt than Ronaldo & Costa.

No Falcao' date=' Ibra, Reus, Ribery. Ronaldo n Costa will play as half fit players. So they're not gonna amount to much either. So the stage is set for the latin American trio of Messi, Neymar n Suarez to shine through.[/quote']

I reckon Aguero will have a fantastic tournament.

Suarez is more of a doubt than Ronaldo & Costa.

Oh I forgot :o:(

I reckon Aguero will have a fantastic tournament.

Whoever plays as the main CF will be banging goals in all day long in that lollypop group Argentina are in. I think its gonna be Messi. ;)

Archived