Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Other players have been unfortunate enough to miss the World Cup through injury, which they could do nothing about, so why should Suarez be allowed to play again for something that he had full control over? Bugger the argument that it would be 'bad for football' if he was banned. Would it heck! I'd much rather watch games with as little cheating/foul play as possible on the biggest stage.

Edit: Not to corner you or anything Juanchitoox, as it may appear. That's not fair, and I wouldn't want my country's best player to be banned, but I would also acknowledge that what Suarez did is worthy of a ban if he was one of my own.

Re: Respuesta: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

This is a world cup that involves FOOTBALL and not cheap moralism. What happens on the field stays on the field.

For the sake of football' date=' lets all pray together that nothing happens to Suarez, come on my good England folks, lets pray together!![/quote']

Lets pray nothing happens to him?.....

Hard tackles are a part of the game but a bite is technically Assault and he deserves a huge ban and its the 3rd time he's bit someone ban him from the world cup/euros for life and a champs league + Premier league ban is what is needed of at least half a season for Liverpool he can not get away with biting people it is not acceptable.

then you shouldnt own a animal actually own is the wrong word if you think you own a animal your a idiot animals are not owed

I don't get what you are on about. I'm all for animals and studying zoology next year but yes animals ARE owned. S04, I can just about put up with you in the UFC thread but come on son this is ridiculous. lol.

Little bit of an over reaction here. Maybe a red if the ref saw it. Perhaps.

But ten game bans for a little nibble is a bit much.

Both the Chelsea player last season and Chiellini were not hurt of injured at all.

I fined it funny myself. Always love a bit of comedy in a football match.

Also, did anyone else find it hilarious when Christodoulopoulos was stepping up for free kick and one commentator said "and he wants it" and the other commentator in a really deep and urgent voice says " HE ALWAYS WANTS IT!!!"

I think you're disregarding Mexico a lot. I doubt Holland will roll them over and it should be a good game.

Then you have Costa Rica v Greece :P

I'm actually quite looking forward to Costa Rica vs Greece. Hopefully it won't be 0-0 (:P), but I like knowing that one of them will be in the quarter finals. I'm happy with all of the quarter finals so far tbh.

I think you're disregarding Mexico a lot. I doubt Holland will roll them over and it should be a good game.

Then you have Costa Rica v Greece :P

where did I mention Mexico or even mentioned Holland rolling them over? :eek:

I'm sure it will be a great game, but I just wanted to highlight a pair of all South American clashes

where did I mention Mexico or even mentioned Holland rolling them over? :eek:

I'm sure it will be a great game' date=' but I just wanted to highlight a pair of all South American clashes[/quote']

Yesterday, when the fixtures became clear, you (at least I think it was you) were very happy with facing Mexico. Think you used the argument that they'd never got past the second round.

Costa Rica vs Greece :rolleyes:

Wow.

Fair play to both teams though. You'd have a hard time arguing that neither deserve to be there.

I'm actually quite looking forward to Costa Rica vs Greece. Hopefully it won't be 0-0 (:P)' date=' but I like knowing that one of them will be in the quarter finals. I'm happy with all of the quarter finals so far tbh.[/quote']

Can you tell me the quarter finals so I can stick some money on those teams getting through the round of sixteen? :P

Yesterday' date=' when the fixtures became clear, you (at least I think it was you) were very happy with facing Mexico. Think you used the argument that they'd never got past the second round.[/quote']

I said I much prefer them to Brazil that is all, I'd obviously rather have Greece if possible but Mexico is the lesser of two evils for me, but I certainly don't see Holland smashing them