Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

To people saying "give us a break"

Err...we're not shelling on Uruguay? It's not Uruguay's fault that Suarez is a massive donkey who can't control his emotions. Suarez is personally responsible for his actions, it's not the responsibility of Uruguay or the people in Uruguay to share that responsibility.

Now the country does become a massive target of ridicule if they keep up this stance of denying everything when there is zero doubt about the facts and the correct course of action.

In reality, it is Suarez who should apologize to the people of Uruguay, not some twisted situation where for some reason Uruguayans feel that the deluded actions of one individual must be at all costs be defended by the entire nation.

Not sure if Albania or Switzerland :D

They play for Switzerland, which means they feel quite Swiss enough. So that's good enough for me.

To some extent we all are immigrants -- for example a huge portion of Americans originate as German-Irish. Doesn't mean we don't treat them as Americans.

They play for Switzerland' date=' which means they feel quite Swiss enough. So that's good enough for me.

To some extent we all are immigrants -- for example a huge portion of Americans originate as German-Irish. Doesn't mean we don't treat them as Americans.[/quote']

If you want to be politically correct, all Americans are immigrants period, as America belonged to Native Indians.

Just a post related with FIFA's totally non-corrupt nature:

Apparently Piqué wrote on his Facebook page, or in his blog or something, that if people imagined what goes on in these big football events, they'd just find them disgusting.

He should know what he's talking about.

Despite their quality, it's been widely reported that Spain's success these last few years also had to do with a very influential FIFA member: Mr. Ángel Villar, president of the Spanish football federation.

That's why I don't get sad about football, from a young age.

I know that it's a business and I try to keep my emotions out of it, as much as possible.

I like watching football, but I won't let it affect my life. ;)

Most likely. Kosovo isn't even a country' date=' isn't it like in Serbia [img']http://i.minus.com/iiJ2RbhMfB0xI.gif[/img]

Why aren't they playing for Serbia? iiJ2RbhMfB0xI.gif

It declared independence from Serbia, so it's not in Serbia

Because they are Albanians and would never play for Serbia

Anyway, I'm 100% positive that Colombia will win the WC :D

j7wtC1Lan97z1.png

iiJ2RbhMfB0xI.gif

Wow, did Suárez really say that?

If he did, then he's a genius. :P

I don't know if the football laws say you're not supposed to kill another player, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do it. :o

But now seriously, biting is a form of aggression, so it's covered by the football laws.

j7wtC1Lan97z1.png

iiJ2RbhMfB0xI.gif

I don't buy that. He's actually sad he's really sad and ashamed about the whole biting because he has to tell and explain his children one day. Its very likely it has to do with psychological pressure which instead of making him an idiot would deserve some understanding. That doesn't mean its okay for him to bite people, but he likely doesn't bite people on purpose.

Some great Suarez puns still coming out;

I downloaded Suarez' most memorable career moments in just a couple of minutes....

It was 3 megabytes.

My personal favourite;

Luis Suarez has left Liverpool to join Borussia Munchonyourcentreback

If you want to be politically correct' date=' all Americans are immigrants period, as America belonged to Native Indians.[/quote']

I've always seen all that as fake political correctness on the part of most people who say those things.

That's such a mega topic here in America parroted by all the people who tend to be full of nonsense. It's safe topic about past faults so that they can avoid discussing present problems.

Back on topic: For all I care, Shaqiri is Swiss, period. He may be of Albanian descent, but that's all in the past. Right now, and from heretofore, he's Swiss.

The problem with biting is that other players shouldn't have to worry about a rampant Suarez biting people on the pitch. Because if you get away with biting, what's next? Bringing a baseball bat on the pitch and smashing someone's skull with it?

The line has to be drawn at intentional, genuinely dangerous behavior.

The line has to be drawn at intentional' date=' genuinely dangerous behavior.[/quote']

And that's exactly what the problem is, Suarez doesn't bite people intentionaly. Its probably a psychological reaction, likely out of stress or fear. He doesn't walk on to the pitch thinking "oh who shall I got bite today?" :rolleyes:

In court it would be declared as insanity defense. Which of course doesn't mean he should get away with it, but you can't blame him 100% and people should actually be looking to help him not do it again instead of just punishing him.

j7wtC1Lan97z1.png

iiJ2RbhMfB0xI.gif

Someone should tell Count Suarez that biting or eating an opponent is considered as violent conduct.

uhhh biteman too hard

Clocked the first level in a matter of minutes without losing any lives. :)

And that's exactly what the problem is' date=' Suarez doesn't bite people intentionaly. Its probably a psychological reaction, likely out of stress or fear. He doesn't walk on to the pitch thinking "oh who shall I got bite today?" :rolleyes:

In court it would be declared as insanity defense. Which of course doesn't mean he should get away with it, but you can't blame him 100% and people should actually be looking to help him not do it again instead of just punishing him.[/quote']

Boeuf, that's excessive apologism.

Then every murderer has a mediating factor too...

Just come on the right side and move on. Pointless to defend Suarez there isn't an argument that doesn't suck.