Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Boeuf' date=' that's excessive apologism.

Then every murderer has a mediating factor too...

Just come on the right side and move on. Pointless to defend Suarez there isn't an argument that doesn't suck.[/quote']

You are aware that insanity defense is a perfectly justifiable argument in court and that there's plenty of murder cases where insanity defense would not be accepted as an argument?

You're saying come to the right side and by that you argue there's only one side and that's the side where Suarez is guilty and should be banned for life? That's really short sighted imo and just hopping on the media bandwagon :rolleyes:

So I will defend Suarez unless there's 100% proof that he bit Chiellini 100% on purpose. Show me the piece of paper that says "Dear diary, tomorrow I'm going to bite Chiellini on purpose. Love Suarez" and I'll join your 'right' side ;)

Please note this isn't a personal offense btw, I just don't like it when every bit of defense gets ignored as "oh but he's guilty anyway so who cares".

You are aware that insanity defense is a perfectly justifiable argument in court and that there's plenty of murder cases where insanity defense would not be accepted as an argument?

You're saying come to the right side and by that you argue there's only one side and that's the side where Suarez is guilty and should be banned for life? That's really short sighted imo and just hopping on the media bandwagon :rolleyes:

So I will defend Suarez unless there's 100% proof that he bit Chiellini 100% on purpose. Show me the piece of paper that says "Dear diary' date=' tomorrow I'm going to bite Chiellini on purpose. Love Suarez" and I'll join your 'right' side ;)

Please note this isn't a personal offense btw, I just don't like it when every bit of defense gets ignored as "oh but he's guilty anyway so who cares".[/quote']

Your talking about it being pre meditated which personally i don't think comes into it. I would suggest that little to no player goes into a match with the pre meditated thought of doing something stupid, elbowing someone or biting someone.

It's a reaction to a situation and wouldn't be used as a defence to an assault, what Suarez did was on purpose. He didn't just fall onto Chiellini's shoulder, no matter how much the Uruguay press tries to make you believe it.

You could say that he has obvious anger issues which could be used as a reason as to why he does what he does. I still wouldn't class that as a defence though and he needs to be punished for what he has done. As well as getting the appropriate help to deal with his anger.

9 matches internationally and a four 4 month ban from all Football.

Ah right ok. So i guess that the 4 month ban will start from his first competitive fixture for what ever club he is at.

I think 4 months is too lenient and a 6 month ban should of been imposed considering his past history. However i guess FIFA consider the 9 match ban at international level as well as 4 months as adequate punishment.

9 matches internationally and a four 4 month ban from all Football.

Yup. He'll be banned for 9 international games and potentially 14 Liverpool games. So a 23 game ban sounds about right imo.

What FIFA got wrong was the fine. £65,000 is absolutely ridiculous considering the fact that Niklas Bendtner was given a bigger fine for wearing branded underpants.

Someone should tell Count Suarez that biting or eating an opponent is considered as violent conduct.

Clocked the first level in a matter of minutes without losing any lives. :)

did that to level 1 and 2, then i gave up....

Yup. He'll be banned for 9 international games and potentially 14 Liverpool games. So a 23 game ban sounds about right imo.

What FIFA got wrong was the fine. £65' date='000 is absolutely ridiculous considering the fact that Niklas Bendtner was given a bigger fine for wearing branded underpants.[/quote']

Does the ban start now, as I've seen some people say?

Surely it should start when ever his first non international competitive game is.

Otherwise it isn't much of a ban from football.

Ridiculous if it starts from now. Should be a nine match international ban and a four month from the start of the season.

Riferimento: Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Ridiculous if it starts from now. Should be a nine match international ban and a four month from the start of the season.

Why?

It's not ridicolous, it's like a red card, no more nor less.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Why?

It's not ridicolous' date=' it's like a red card, no more nor less.[/quote']

It's barely a bigger domestic punishment than last time, if it even is bigger.

There's barely any for the next two months (after the WC) anyway, so it's basically a two month ban.

Why?

It's not ridicolous' date=' it's like a red card, no more nor less.[/quote']

It is as there isn't a competitive club game for him for well over 2 months, half his ban.

You don't get a red card and get banned when there are no games on, it gets carried over until the next competitive fixture in the competition the player got the red card.

Why? When should it start? After the World Cup? At by which point Uruguay could have already won the World Cup with a supposedly banned Luis Suarez...?

It is as there isn't a competitive club game for him for well over 2 months' date=' half his ban.

You don't get a red card and get banned when there are no games on, it gets carried over until the next competitive fixture in the competition the player got the red card.[/quote']

But he has been banned for 9 international games but only a period of time domestically, not a set amount of games, completely different bans.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

It is as there isn't a competitive club game for him for well over 2 months' date=' half his ban.

You don't get a red card and get banned when there are no games on, it gets carried over until the next competitive fixture in the competition the player got the red card.[/quote']

Well, if you're sure about this I must agree with you.

I tought that the 4 months would have started since the first official match, wich means end of August.

Otherwise, if the months start from now and on, it's pretty ridicolous.