Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Why? When should it start? After the World Cup? At by which point Uruguay could have already won the World Cup with a supposedly banned Luis Suarez...?

He should be banned in this WC then banned 4 months ban - august to end November

Why? When should it start? After the World Cup? At by which point Uruguay could have already won the World Cup with a supposedly banned Luis Suarez...?

No, I meant the four month ban shouldn't coincide with his international ban. The international ban should start from this moment onwards (which it is) and the other should begin at the start of the upcoming season.

No' date=' I meant the four month ban shouldn't coincide with his international ban. The international ban should start from this moment onwards (which it is) and the other should begin at the start of the upcoming season.[/quote']

Did Suarez's ban coincide with Uruguay when he bit Ivanovic on duty for Liverpool? (Genuinely don't know)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Well' date=' if you're sure about this I must agree with you.

I tought that the 4 months would have started since the first official match, wich means end of August.

Otherwise, if the months start from now and on, it's pretty ridicolous.[/quote']

But he has been banned for 9 international games but only a period of time domestically' date=' not a set amount of games, completely different bans.[/quote']

I know, Newman was saying that his 4 month ban should start when his first competitive club game is otherwise it's silly. I expanded on it. Not sure you both understood what we were saying :)

Did Suarez's ban coincide with Uruguay when he bit Ivanovic on duty for Liverpool? (Genuinely don't know)

I'm not too sure tbh, but I've heard a few people say that it didn't (although twitter isn't the best place for dead certain reliable news :P)

Edit: anyway, it doesn't affect my club so I'm not overly arsed, despite my ranting. All I'll say is more fool the Liverpool fans that have continued to defend him after he's showed no respect whatsoever for the club after all they've done for him. Good luck getting Ronaldo/Bale money for him now. If you do, then more fool whoever buys him.

Not to aim that at you, Dan. I'm not certain of who you support (sorry), but I think you've posted a lot on the United thread from what I can remember. Am I right...? :P

Was expecting a 3 month ban from the date of the first domestic match as well as 10 or so International games, am surprised the 4 month ban begins from now as the season is over and doesn't commence again for 2 months. I guess FIFA believe that the fact he is missing the most important game/s of his career are enough of a punishment to give such a diminutive fine also.

A little lenient I feel but the fact he misses Liverpools opening 14 games of the season (9 League,3 CL and 2 League Cup) and he also isn't allowed to train with Liverpool in this time means he will return on the 26th October severely lacking match fitness.

The punishment isn't important' date=' the question is will he stop this habit or not?[/quote']

Exactly, this is the point.

He has to stop now. Surely the message has been sent and the next offense will result in a career-ending ban.

PORTUGAL: Beto, João Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Miguel Veloso; William Carvalho, Moutinho, Amorim; Ronaldo, Éder and Nani.

Ricardo Costa had a good game against USA and the prize is returning to the bench.. while Bruno Alves had 2 poor games and still the starter.. -.-

Don't know who will be injured today.. perhaps Eder?

PORTUGAL: Beto' date=' João Pereira, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Miguel Veloso; William Carvalho, Moutinho, Amorim; Ronaldo, Éder and Nani.

Ricardo Costa had a good game against USA and the prize is returning to the bench.. while Bruno Alves had 2 poor games and still the starter.. -.-

Don't know who will be injured today.. perhaps Eder?[/quote']

HAHa my bet is on Ronas himself, he will go out with knee injury before half time!

But finally the manager brings in a good eleven, too late though!

HAHa my bet is on Ronas himself' date=' he will go out with knee injury before half time!

But finally the manager brings in a good eleven, too late though![/quote']

I would put Ricardo Costa instead of B. Alves and Varela in the place of Eder.. at least we would have someone in the left flank who could track back :o

The biggest question is' date=' if Uruguay win the World Cup, can Suarez do the Terry, and join the celebration? :D[/quote']

I think he can't enter the stadiums for that period too.

I'm not too sure tbh' date=' but I've heard a few people say that it didn't (although twitter isn't the best place for dead certain reliable news :P)

Edit: anyway, it doesn't affect my club so I'm not overly arsed, despite my ranting. All I'll say is more fool the Liverpool fans that have continued to defend him after he's showed no respect whatsoever for the club after all they've done for him. Good luck getting Ronaldo/Bale money for him now. If you do, then more fool whoever buys him.

Not to aim that at you, Dan. I'm not certain of who you support (sorry), but I think you've posted a lot on the United thread from what I can remember. Am I right...? :P[/quote']

Possibly, I support Coventry though. So the whole subject is irrelevant to me by a long distance, unless we get Liverpool in the COC! Which is highly unlikely.

Possibly' date=' I support Coventry though. So the whole subject is irrelevant to me by a long distance, unless we get Liverpool in the COC! Which is highly unlikely.[/quote']

Ah, that actually rings a bell now! I'm not a fan of Cov, you got a point off us in the last minute twice last season :(;)

We play Liverpool in a pre-season friendly at home, but I wasn't overly fussed about seeing him anyway. You obviously want to see the best players, but he's no Joe Garner :D

Uruguay FA has appealed against Suarez international ban

They also wish for time travel to be invented so that they can go back in time and use goal line technology in 1966.

Actually, I'd like to go back to 2010, so slightly hypocritical :P