Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Eder is useless piece of lump.

Sub him off already.

Hard to understand what he is doing there.. Ronaldo spents the majority of the time in the middle so we need someone in the left wing.. Varela needs to join.. Nani has been invisible and William missing so much passes -.-

we just need Germany to score 4 or 5..

Actually very proud with the team. That opening goal fest against Germany ended up beeing decisive. The USA game was a just result and so was this. So, good luck to Germany and USA and I hope there will be changes in the managerial team afterwards.

Will now support Brazil!

Actually very proud with the team. That opening goal fest against Germany ended up beeing decisive. The USA game was a just result and so was this. So' date=' good luck to Germany and USA and I hope there will be changes in the managerial team afterwards.

Will now support Brazil![/quote']

We could have scored 5 or 6 only with Ronaldo chances. I think it was proven that he should play for us at center forward. The result against Germany and some decisions made there made our life harder.

All round magnificent performance by the Belgians! Wilmots has proven me wrong by actually taking the risk and playing an experimental squad.

I don't really think there was any under-performer for Belgium today, bar Defour.

Lombaerts and DvB seem to form a better partnership than Kompany and DvB, with the latter being absolutely fantastic today.

AvB should be starting every single game - a thousand, million, billion, kazillion times better than Alderweireld on that RB-spot. Happy to see Vertonghen have a very decent game too.

Moving on to the midfield, Fellaini being the standout man for me - didn't set a foot wrong all game. Dembélé was good, but tends to take one too many touches at times, which would be severely punished by a stronger team.

Mertens was the better winger going forward, but I was highly impressed with Januzaj's defensive work. Very good from both, although Mertens seemed to fade quite a bit in that second half.

Credit should finally go to Mirallas, for running over 1.5 kilometres more than his team mates. He wasn't the most exciting player on the pitch, but his work-rate is second to none.

Very good stuff from Chadli. He seems to be a better player when coming off the bench. Leaving Hazard out seemed to do some good too - less all round pressure to perform. Origi was fantastic as usual.

Next up, USA!

Would love to see some celebrations in Ukraine for Russia being eliminated.

So, Portugal managed to do a better world cup(in term of group pts) than some European countries like Croatia, Spain, Italy, England, Bosnia and Russia that was top of our qualification group.. but.. Sweden would do better than us! Ò_ó