Sign in to follow this  
timesle

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Yess. A well deserved win. 100% penalty. Anyone saying a dive is just bitter

Sneijder's ghost spirit clearly pushed Marquez, causing him to extend his leg!

Also, the ref was paid by the English media to be biased in favor of Europe so they can keep exploiting the oppressed!

Yess. A well deserved win. 100% penalty. Anyone saying a dive is just bitter

Marquez never touched him, Robben made contact with Marquez and then tumbled over like he had just taken 101 bullets to his back....

Think you need to go to Specsavers, clever from Robben but a Definete dive.

Marquez never touched him' date=' Robben made contact with Marquez and then tumbled over like he had just taken 101 bullets to his back....

Think you need to go to Specsavers, clever from Robben but a Definete dive.[/quote']

Robben been trying to get a penalty since the first half.

They'll go out, Los Ticos will beat them.

Has a drink breaks always been a option in football? I know they said they would use the drinks break at the World Cup but has it ever been used in other countries or league games?

They were used at USA 94 as well.

The difference is that you go brag' date=' how everyone entitled to opinion, and then go clown around with your being the best, such a spoiled brat, hilarious.[/quote']

Did Ireland qualify?

I'm defo starting to come around to this 'win at all costs' approach that the non British (excluding Gareth Bale of course) players seem to be obsessed by.

Now you can say what you want about the dive from Robben that won the match but it was a cracking piece of skill that sent Holland through to the next round.... he must spend hours perfecting this!

Yesssssss Sneijderrr

Looks like you were relieving something there. Thought it gonna be easy win for us' date=' didn't you? :P

I know, I was always pretty skeptical since most of the team bar the stars seem lightweight but still having fun rooting for them :D

You should rooting for us until the end of the tournament, we need all the positive energy to finally win this goddamn thing. lol

100% penalty, the ball is gone, the contact is there albeit it is abysmal theatrics way to falling down.

I swear before my place got struck by another power shortage and went blackout there is massive meltdown in here, where is the comment? :confused:

Both teams will be nervous going into the match knowing that this is not one of those 'nothing to lose' matches they play against big guns. And the stakes are huge: a place in the last 8 of WC. We might see some silly errors from players.

Robben only got 1 of his 2 100% penalties and we were better for most of the second half.

Louis van Gaal is making a case for best coach of the world, if we win the world cup it'll be Van Gaal who deserves it most as he's been so important in getting the team to work in different formations and guys to do whatever it takes to win. Amazing really, doubt any other coach would've been able to go through 3 formations changes in 1 match that all work and get you the win in the end! :D

Looks like you were relieving something there. Thought it gonna be easy win for us' date=' didn't you? :P

[/quote']

Not at all. Very happy we're through in 90 minutes especially. I knew the goal will come and for my favourite player to score it is an euphoric moment

Robben only got 1 of his 2 100% penalties and we were better for most of the second half.

Louis van Gaal is making a case for best coach of the world' date=' if we win the world cup it'll be Van Gaal who deserves it most as he's been so important in getting the team to work in different formations and guys to do whatever it takes to win. Amazing really, doubt any other coach would've been able to go through 3 formations changes in 1 match that all work and get you the win in the end! :D[/quote']

How on Earth did they all work??

Clearly the first formation used did not work because Mexico were by far the better side in the first sixty-seventy minutes.

Unless of course it was all a masterstoke that he decided he wanted to be outplayed early and fall behind.....

Somehow I think not....

The changes after worked and deserves credit but to claim the starting formation worked is simply untrue.

Greece are starting to play half decent here, looking the better side....not really decent but in the context of this game it is decent considering the quality has by and large been very poor.

Got my money on a 0-0 so they better stop it :P

Greece are starting to play half decent here' date=' looking the better side....not really decent but in the context of this game it is decent considering the quality has by and large been very poor.

Got my money on a 0-0 so they better stop it :P[/quote']

Haha i have had it to go to a penalty shootout.

Still not as bad as Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea.

I'm not sure anything will ever be that bad will it LOL

On a side note, anyone else think when ITV go to commercials the big guy on the right of the brazil media bit looks like Shannon Briggs?