Official World Cup 2014 Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread With Robin Van Persie suspended, tonight will be the first time in 221 games (1996) that the Netherlands will play without a player with 'Van' in their name.

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread Just downloaded Luis Suarez's greatest moments....it was only 3 MEGA BYTES.....#DEAD

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread I don't' date=' just thought what are common/similar things between your wifey n chicken. I came up with two: breasts and IQ. I know, her breasts are as big as m

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

What predictions does everyone else have?

Round 16

Brazil v Chile

Netherlands v Mexico

Colombia v Uruguay

Costa Rica v Greece

France v Nigeria

Argentina v Switzerland

Germany v Algeria

Belgium v USA

Quarter Finals

France v Germany

Brazil v Colombia

Argentina v Belgium

Netherlands v Costa Rica

Semi Finals

Brazil v Germany

Netherlands v Belgium

Final

Germany v Belgium

My opinion!!!

Ain't the bloke who scored the equaliser the same bloke who 100' date='000 Greeks signed a online forum for to never start for Greece again....

That's Karma :)[/quote']

nopes, the petition guy is Katsouranis, the guy who scored is Papastathopulous

PS. Does anyone actually know WHY Katsouranis is so hated by their own fans? (not exactly a greek football follower)

Costa Rica's only hope is to hold on for penalties. For the goal there was more Greeks in the box then Costa Ricans, the Costa Ricans have just run out of steam (particularly Joel Campbell) and without any more substitutes this is the Greeks to loose.

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I do enjoy watching Greece play. As organised as it gets.

Ain't the bloke who scored the equaliser the same bloke who 100' date='000 Greeks signed a online forum for to never start for Greece again....

That's Karma :)[/quote']

Papastathopoulos was the scorer and Katsouranis was the subject of the petition.

nopes' date=' the petition guy is Katsouranis, the guy who scored is Papastathopulous

PS. Does anyone actually know WHY Katsouranis is so hated by their own fans? (not exactly a greek football follower)[/quote']

Ah right thought I heard the commentator say it was him, my bad.

Dunno why they hate him he was part of the Euro 2004 winning squad you would have thought he would be idolised forever after that unlikely triumph.

pens or nothing for Costa Rica they looked shattered if Greece go for it I fancy they will get another.

Fair enough' date=' I'm usually up for the Europeans too, but it'd be good to see Costa Rica progress. As it would be to see Greece in the QF too, but on the other hand, we enjoyed a shock that they produced not so long ago ;)[/quote']

More of the same and its not so much of a shock anymore. Let's be fair, with all their dull football over the last decade Greece have been far more effective than England :P

More of the same and its not so much of a shock anymore. Let's be fair' date=' with all their dull football over the last decade Greece have been far more effective than England :P[/quote']

Haha, is that a hard accomplishment for most nations to achieve though? :P

No I agree, if a certain style of play works for you then sod it, it works! The people complaining about it being boring aren't the ones trying to win the game. I've always thought the same with parking the bus, but let's not go there as it's something that's been discussed to death.