Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Fairplay to both teams. I thought this was going to be an intriguing game & I was right.

The left back for Greece looks like a very decent player.

Keylor Navas continuing his La Liga form into this World Cup and he has been outstanding.

Can't call who will win the shoutout.

For a game that was meant to be the most boring of the last 16 i actually though it was a good end to it.

More due to both teams being out on their feet causing it to be so open. Question now is who has the energy left to take a decent penalty?!

Nice win with it going to penalties as well and i get my money back on my wincast!

Fairplay to both teams. I thought this was going to be an intriguing game & I was right.

The left back for Greece looks like a very decent player.

Keylor Navas continuing his La Liga form into this World Cup and he has been outstanding.

Can't call who will win the shoutout.

I personally think Manolas has been Greece's best player all tournament, my kind of CB no nonsense, strong and reads the game well. Can see him moving to one of Europe's big Leagues for sure.

I personally think Manolas has been Greece's best player all tournament' date=' my kind of CB no nonsense, strong and reads the game well. Can see him moving to one of Europe's big Leagues for sure.[/quote']

Wasn't he linked to your lot once or was it Utd?

Wasn't he linked to your lot once or was it Utd?

Liverpool has been linked to every player in worldwide football if you believe the tabloids :P

Looks decent though in all four games in this tournament, been impressed.

Could see him fitting in well in the PL that is for sure.

Liverpool has been linked to every player in worldwide football if you believe the tabloids :P

Looks decent though in all four games in this tournament' date=' been impressed.

Could see him fitting in well in the PL that is for sure.[/quote']

Haha yes very true.

Yeah i think so too although more for a team like us than a top 6 side.

Haha yes very true.

Yeah i think so too although more for a team like us than a top 6 side.

He is well over 6ft so he would be ideal for you ;):)

Love to conform to a stereotype :P

Well done Costa Rica, I expect Holland will dispose of them fairly easily in the QF'S though.

What a display of excellent penalties from both teams. Harsh for any team to go out that way.

He is well over 6ft so he would be ideal for you ;):)

Love to conform to a stereotype :P

Well done Costa Rica' date=' I expect Holland will dispose of them fairly easily in the QF'S though.[/quote']

Haha yes that is very true!

Be interesting to see how they do against Holland, with a 5-4-1 formation it might trouble the Dutch like Mexico.

Made up for Costa Rica! It was always going to be heartbreaking for the loser, so it goes without saying that I feel for Greece. Gekas especially. Both them and Costa Rica have done exceptionally well to get this far :)

No tournament is the same without underdogs!

Ochoa has been better them him' date=' no doubt about it.[/quote']

There is a doubt actually. Navas deserves it no less than Ochoa does. They've both been magnificient, arguably their teams best players. It's a personal choice but Navas edges it for me based on tonights performance

There is a doubt actually. Navas deserves it no less than Ochoa does. They've both been magnificient' date=' arguably their teams best players. It's a personal choice but Navas edges it for me based on tonights performance[/quote']

In your opinion.....;)

I think if you were picking a team of the tournament as of now the majority of people would pick Ochoa...and that is because he has been better :)

In fact I think there is a good chance he will be in the team of the tournament regardless of there elimination. Made much better saves than Navas has throughout this tournament, some of his saves have been unbelievable, probably easily got the three best saves of the tournament in my view.

Not to undermine what How Navas has performed just Dont think he has been as good as Ochoa.

Navas or Ochoa would be perfect for arsenal said it before' date=' Ochoa is free and well this smells wenger to me!

Don't be surprised if one ends up at Atletico Madrid.. They need one to with Courtois staying at Chelsea I think?[/quote']

Think Madrid bought a keeper from Getafe

Archived