Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Fun first half. France on top but Nigeria consistently promising.

If I'd be paying full attention I'd probably have a comment about Nigeria's full-backs' defensive positioning but not this time. I do remember Valbuena constantly getting too much space though.

Meh. Players have more bad games than good games in general. If I kept count of players who've been garbage, I'd have been over the capacity a long time ago. It's more fun & interesting (and hard?) finding players who've been good but doing so under the radar, without the flashy saves, fancy moves, or a barrage of shots.

Really scrappy game currently, not the best :(

Suppose we have been spoilt this World Cup so you really notice when a game ain't very good, because the majority have been excellent.

EDIT: just as I talk lovely move by France, good save, Victor Moses the hero words you rarely hear!!

Lovely football from France. Maybe Benzema could of done a little better but it was a good save from the keeper and Moses doing very well to get back.

Wouldn't exactly say he is their most decent striker either ... :)

Never said he was the best. I only mentioned him as tongue in cheek due to being a stoke supporter even used :P to make it more obvious.

That's embarrassing after the statement he gave the other day saying completely the opposite

Nah. The embarrassing stuff was all the things said up until now. Hopefully the time to heal starts now. He still has quite a bit to make up though.

Thank god for that, had France -1 handicap.

Been a pretty dull affair of a game and certainly not what i had hoped for before kick off. France haven't exactly shone like they did in the group stages and if Germany get through tonight i would expect that to be the end of the road for them.

Hummels out! Got the flu. Boateng moving to CB' date=' Mustafi as RB.

Mustafi didn't look great against Ghana which is fair enough as he is actually a CB too.

Could have moved Lahm to right-back....[/quote']

I can't really see Algeria attacking you to much and testing your defence unless they fall behind and eventually have to come out. they will camp in and hope to hit on the counter or a set piece.

Think you will win comfotably, gone for 2-0 in my work predictor contest.

Hummels out! Got the flu. Boateng moving to CB' date=' Mustafi as RB.

Mustafi didn't look great against Ghana which is fair enough as he is actually a CB too.

Could have moved Lahm to right-back....[/quote']

I'm getting intutions that this game will be the most thrilling one & Germany will lose. Gosh I'm not able to watch this one thanks to my Dish & Electricity cut.:(:(:(

Archived