Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Hummels out! Got the flu. Boateng moving to CB' date=' Mustafi as RB.

Mustafi didn't look great against Ghana which is fair enough as he is actually a CB too.

Could have moved Lahm to right-back....[/quote']

Wait really? Boateng away from RB? Where'd your hear it?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pace of the Algerian attack is killing Germany' date=' they're really suffering from having no natural full back in there side. Algeria could easily win this.[/quote']

Completely agree, wish i had put my money on Algeria now instead! Definitely not Germany -1 handicap that i have had!

They have had a fair few chances now and look like every time they go forward they can score.

Already were scored more 2 goals in this WC than in all the tournment at South Africa!

Algeria is playing well.. and I thought that the Ramadan would weaken them :o

Ramadan has a get out clause for sports people if they chose to take it up, Ozil for 1 has come out saying he is using it whilst at the world cup

But yep Algeria are playing well but I can still see the Germans going through

Germany got outplayed in this half also Neuer should be a CB in Germany he is better than the ones playing today , Germany will score if they kept shooting from outside the box Algeria's keeper should focus and handle long distance shots better

Algeria is playing well.. and I thought that the Ramadan would weaken them :o
Ramadan has a get out clause for sports people if they chose to take it up' date=' Ozil for 1 has come out saying he is using it whilst at the world cup [/quote']

Ozil is constantly looking 'out of breath' when I watch him play, I don't know what he would be if he's fasting and playing in this kind of temperature. :o

Awful. Don't even know where to start. The first half an hour must have been one of the worst I have ever had the "pleasure" to watch.

Playing 2 centre-backs at the fullback position adds nothing to this game. They can't keep up with the pacey Algerian wingers in defense and they add literally nothing to the offense.

Mustafi has been downright shocking. I don't even blame him for that though; nobody even knew his name a month ago. Young, inexperienced and then playing a position he doesn't play at club level. What do you freaking expect?

Özil, absolute disgrace. Somebody tell him we aren't playing in green. Gets started every match based on reputation; hasn't shown a class game in ages.

Götze, average would be a compliment. Doesn't create anything and can't even put that massive chance away either.

Players like Kroos suddenly can't even control the ball; passes are off. It's unthinkable really.

We improved a little bit in the last 10 minutes. Long shots seem to be promising as the Algerian keeper struggled twice with these.

Our by far best "defender" has been Neuer so far. Risking everything having to clean up the mess of the guys in front of him.

Get Mustafi off and move Lahm to RB. Bring Khedira on.

Get that clown Özil off the pitch as well. Don't matter who you sub in; don't think Zieler would be any worse playing in midfield.

Get Klose on in the 60th minute as well.

As poor as Germany have been Algeria have been great, really enjoyed watching them tonight, playing with no fear and that is when teams play there best football, not expected to win so have nothing to lose.

I do feel they should have took there chances first half and it could come back to haunt them.

Ozil has been pretty poor so far' date=' maybe bringing on someone with pace that can run with the ball like Schurrle would be a better option.[/quote']

One of the most overrated players in modern day football. Absolutely useless at times.

Will go and score a worldy now!

I said about bringing on Schurrle but surely Ozil should be the one coming off not Gotze! Gotze hasn't been great either but he's far from Ozil lack of quality in the past 6 months or so.

One of the most overrated players in modern day football. Absolutely useless at times.

Definitely, he has been so poor for a while now.

I said about bringing on Schurrle but surely Ozil should be the one coming off not Gotze! Gotze hasn't been great either but he's far from Ozil lack of quality in the past 6 months or so.

Definitely' date=' he has been so poor for a while now.[/quote']

yet Raz still insist he is world class

Archived