Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

After the game vs Portugal' date=' Germany have been playing dull.. France are in better condition than them imo.[/quote']

With 8 left, almost any team can win. When a team wants to prevent the other from winning, it's really not that easy to break it down, especially with teams that have been good enough to advance this far -- as it usually implies quality, unity, or both.

Disappointed for Algeria, but how well have they done tonight? Excellent display and well worthy of their goal at the end.

When you have the class in depth that Germany have though, it's always going to be a difficult task for any side.

After the game vs Portugal' date=' Germany have been playing dull.. France are in better condition than them imo.[/quote']

Germany haven't been great for a while tbf, Don't understand why they don't Play Lahm at LB and Boateng RB I think it would work even though Lahm ain't played LB in ages?

Howedes is killing them! Boateng atleast shows some decent displays at RB and I'm sure Lahm would offer a lot more than Howedes. RB/LB situation is holding them back IMO.

Live to die another day.

Well, I still think Germany is one of the teams to beat, but this deep into the tournament it's really hard to win a game, period. It's not like during a league season, when smaller teams have to think about future games and thus don't have to leave everything on the pitch, or might have smaller squads that are able to sustain injuries worse.

This deep into a World Cup, players are pushing themselves forward with their emotions, and giving their all, because every game could be their last. And it's really hard to win a game against a team that gives their all.

In addition to all this, for some players, playing for their national teams is an extra-special point emotionally, which may cause them to play even better than usual (Litmanen of Finland comes to mind...towards the end of his career it seemed like he half-ignored his club games to put all of his focus to preparing for national team qualification games, because he really wanted to play in a World Cup/Euro. Which meant he was *injured* during most of the season, only to appear in almost every single national team game and playing a really well in all of them. We Finns loved it of course).

That's why I never bet on World Cup games because of the unpredictable results...an underdog team where all 11 (or 14) players are resisting with all their will is a really dangerous and surprise-ready team.

Mesut Ozil is poor pish, how did he even cost £40m? I'm not even joking when I say he is one of the most over rated plates at the finals. You can tell why he spat the dummy out last year when Bale arrived and was told to compete with Di Maria for a starting spot. He knew he would lose haha

Well the media have once again proved that they are by far the most obvious fakers in the world, as opposed to Robben whom they accuse of diving for the winning penalty.

What really happened, was that Robben, in a post-match interview, said he wanted to apologize for a dive in the FIRST HALF of the game. And that was not the one where he got hit twice and Moreno injured himself.

Yes maybe he exaggerated the fall where he got the penalty he deserved, but it was clearly a foul. Also you cannot blame a player for wanting to win and Robben was offered the perfect opportunity thanks to some silly Mexican defense.

Meanwhile the international media try to blow things up telling us Robben admitted diving for the penalty that won Holland the game. Now you tell me who the divers and fakers are here.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good thing the FIFA are not caught up in the whole affair and have straight away realized what moment he was talking about and are not punishing him for it. Which obviously would've been ridiculous.

Mesut Ozil is poor pish' date=' how did he even cost £40m? I'm not even joking when I say he is one of the most over rated plates at the finals. You can tell why he spat the dummy out last year when Bale arrived and was told to compete with Di Maria for a starting spot. He knew he would lose haha[/quote']

So unfair! I thought he was very good yesterday he eventually got exhausted from those runs even though went and grabbed the late second! Better than him only Lahm, Müller, Schürrle Khedira and crazy Neuer

So unfair! I thought he was very good yesterday he eventually got exhausted from those runs even though went and grabbed the late second! Better than him only Lahm' date=' Müller, Schürrle Khedira and crazy Neuer[/quote']

Were you watching a game from 4 years ago or something? :o:P

Robben 'dive' against Mexico is being exaggerated by people. It's clearly a foul,Marquez is the silly one to give the chance for Robben to fall naturally as it's known Robben must be looking for penalty,but Robben isn't diving

"Before the penalties, Julio [Cesar] told us to be confident on penalties because he would save three penalties."

- Thiago Silva

That wasn't just empty talk - he did his homework and was excellently prepared for the penalties, which should be commended.

Robben 'dive' against Mexico is being exaggerated by people. It's clearly a foul' date='Marquez is the silly one to give the chance for Robben to fall naturally as it's known Robben must be looking for penalty,but Robben isn't diving[/quote']

he admit to have dived during the game.

- Thiago Silva

That wasn't just empty talk - he did his homework and was excellently prepared for the penalties' date=' which should be commended.[/quote']

Another stupid emotional story from a Brazilian player. They dramatize everything when they win. In last world cup after a win Kaka told media how hard he worked on his fitness and blah blah blah and right after that Brazil were dumped out. Hoping for a similar thing this time around as well.

Archived