Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Another stupid emotional story from a Brazilian player. They dramatize everything when they win. In last world cup after a win Kaka told media how hard he worked on his fitness and blah blah blah and right after that Brazil were dumped out. Hoping for a similar thing this time around as well.

Well, I'm saying that Julio Cesar prepared really well for the penalties, studying all the opposition shooters and their tendencies before the match. I think that's definitely worth commending, given how clueless the Chile goalkeeper was in those same penalties.

And if you look at how the kicks went down, he either saved it or was close to doing so in all but one of the kicks.

he admit to have dived during the game.
Read Brood latest post again
Well the media have once again proved that they are by far the most obvious fakers in the world' date=' as opposed to Robben whom they accuse of diving for the winning penalty.

What really happened, was that Robben, in a post-match interview, said he wanted to apologize for a dive in the FIRST HALF of the game. And that was not the one where he got hit twice and Moreno injured himself.

Yes maybe he exaggerated the fall where he got the penalty he deserved, but it was clearly a foul. Also you cannot blame a player for wanting to win and Robben was offered the perfect opportunity thanks to some silly Mexican defense.

Meanwhile the international media try to blow things up telling us Robben admitted diving for the penalty that won Holland the game. Now you tell me who the divers and fakers are here.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good thing the FIFA are not caught up in the whole affair and have straight away realized what moment he was talking about and are not punishing him for it. Which obviously would've been ridiculous.[/quote']

Here you go mate I'll make it easy for you ;)

Ill get you an appointment with a psychologist ASAP!

Meh, it's not that unlikely. I'd say it's almost 50-50. If we were trying to predict which team wins 5-0, Belgium would be the only team capable of doing that. But we're trying to predict which team goes through.

The Swiss upsetting Argentina is far less likely.

I like these Swiss underdogs.

GO SWISS

anyone else think USA will beat the over rated Belgians tonight?.... or have I finally lost the plot? :eek:

To be honest I don't think Belgium are overrated, I just think they're playing quite a bad World Cup so far and performing under par. If they can pick up some of their form they should definitely beat the US, if they don't the USA has good chances to go through.

anyone else think USA will beat the over rated Belgians tonight?.... or have I finally lost the plot? :eek:

Yes i do.

Belgium have been woeful so far, USA have been far more organised. I can easily see USA winning if Belgium play like they have in their group stage games.

Yes i do.

Belgium have been woeful so far' date=' USA have been far more organised. I can easily see USA winning if Belgium play like they have in their group stage games.[/quote']

If USA wins though it's probably by a single goal.

And if they go ahead, I expect to see them drop back too much for their own good.

At 0-0 or coming from behind they'll be interesting.

Shocking from both Romero and Drmic.

Romero should have collected that easily, but Drmic should have punished him.

Just put your foot through it and you've got a very good chance of scoring against a poor goalkeeper who shouldn't really be near first choice ahead of Willy Caballero and Julian Speroni.

A quite woeful half of football :o

Switzerland have done well to an extent but Argentina have been woeful, I look at the likes of Di Maria and Higuain and they are totally unrecognisable from the players we see at club level.

There defence throughout the tournament has left a lot to be desired, Switzerland should be gaining confidence and belief here, Argentina must surely improve though.....we hope :o

Shocking from both Romero and Drmic.

Romero should have collected that easily' date=' but Drmic should have punished him.

Just put your foot through it and you've got a very good chance of scoring against a poor goalkeeper who shouldn't really be near first choice ahead of Willy Caballero and Julian Speroni.[/quote']

Drmic attempted finish was awful, real opportunity to put the Swiss ahead and he completely messed it up. I also think Caballero should be ahead of him, Caballero has had a wonderful season and deserves it much more.

Much like Brazil Argentina don't seem to be able to do much without their star man on form. Di Maria has been ok but by and large Argentina have been very poor.

Drmic attempted finish was awful' date=' real opportunity to put the Swiss ahead and he completely messed it up. I also think Caballero should be ahead of him, Caballero has had a wonderful season and deserves it much more.

Much like Brazil Argentina don't seem to be able to do much without their star man on form. De Maria has been ok but by and large Argentina have been very poor.[/quote']

It's amazing the players that both Brazil and Argentina have ignored entirely.

It's amazing the players that both Brazil and Argentina have ignored entirely.

Very true, especially the attacking talent that would give a quickening of pace. Tevez would be ideal to use in game like this where Argentina are lacking any real work rate.

Somebody needs to tell Di Maria it aint illegal to use his right foot once in a while. :o

Dont like the way the Swiss have come out this half, sitting so deep and just waiting to be beaten....without actually really improving that much Argentina are in complete control right now.

Dont like the way the Swiss have come out this half' date=' sitting so deep and just waiting to be beaten....without actually really improving that much Argentina are in complete control right now.[/quote']

Meh. It's not Switzerland's responsibility to make it easier for Argentina to score against them. It's up to the Argentines to change things up, for example adding people in the box works well against a team that backs up too much.

Archived