Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Colombia are the only team that have really sustained any kind of decent form so far this World Cup.

They also played a Uruguay side that was complete crap without Suarez. They wouldn't have picked up a point without him, never mind progress.

Colombia are the only team that have really sustained any kind of decent form so far this World Cup.

Very true which is one of the reasons why i'll be routing for them all the way, even though i had money on Argentina before the World Cup started.

Very true which is one of the reasons why i'll be routing for them all the way' date=' even though i had money on Argentina before the World Cup started.[/quote']

The way this game is I feel for you pal. Argentina have been awful.

Very true which is one of the reasons why i'll be routing for them all the way' date=' even though i had money on Argentina before the World Cup started.[/quote']

They should've tried playing Algeria ;)

But naw, Colombia is a good side, certainly much better than Uruguay. But let's wait and see them play an actually good side in the quarters/semis/final.

You know' date=' I felt before the round of 16 began, if someone made a bet for a draw in every game, they'd probably make a profit. Just given how hard both teams try it's hard to win in 90min...[/quote']

This still holds true!

Who needs to pay for betting tips when I give them for free here :D

Group stages were amazing. Knockout stages have been dire.

Some if the games have I wouldn't agree with all of it.

Brazil V Chile, Germany V Algeria were excellent games to watch, would agree the other four (five including this one) have not been at the same level.

When you get to the knockout stages though you find the pressure of the situation inhibits side and instinctively get cautious due to what's at stake.

Hope Argentina go through here not because they have been any good they ain't but I can't stand the complete negativity of the Swiss performance, hate to see sides like that rewarded.

You can defend well and make yourself hard to beat as the Algerians etc in this tournament have but they still look to counter Switzerland aint trying to attack at all.

Got 46/1 for this to go to ET and for USA to win on penalties.

Group stages were amazing. Knockout stages have been dire.

Really?

Only Colombia's victory has been comfortable, the other games have been very competitive games that have been contested by both sides. I'd rather watch a game like this then watch Argentina walk away with it in an non-contest. The unpredictability of this World Cup has been brilliant.

Some if the games have I wouldn't agree with all of it.

Brazil V Chile' date=' Germany V Algeria were excellent games to watch, would agree the other four (five including this one) have not been at the same level.

When you get to the knockout stages though you find the pressure of the situation inhibits side and instinctively get cautious due to what's at stake.

Hope Argentina go through here not because they have been any good they ain't but I can't stand the complete negativity of the Swiss performance, hate to see sides like that rewarded.

You can defend well and make yourself hard to beat as the Algerians etc in this tournament have but they still look to counter Switzerland aint trying to attack at all.[/quote']

The Swiss non-football is winding me up more than the Argentina crap-football.

Di Maria has lost the ball over 35 times. Lol.

The Swiss non-football is winding me up more than the Argentina crap-football.

Di Maria has lost the ball over 35 times. Lol.

Now you know how we felt when Chelsea play that way (Atletico springs to mind) ;)

I understand it is an end to a means and all that but as a viewer it is really frustrating.

In all seriousness if your bored flick to BBC 2 Nadal is getting duffed up by an Aussie Teenager, never seen or heard of the bloke before but his serve is awesome!!

Meh, anti-football my butt.

Argentina just sucks balls. If you're not good enough of a football side to break down the other side's defense, you don't deserve to score. It's not the defending side's fault that they don't simply roll over and make it easy for the other side to score.

That's like if you committed a murder and then blamed the police for not screwing up and failing to catch you. If your attack sucks balls, you don't deserve the goal.

Besides, good defensive performances take skill too, and credit for that to Hitzfeld's team.

End of.

#WHINERS

Now you know how we felt when Chelsea play that way (Atletico springs to mind) ;)

I understand it is an end to a means and all that but as a viewer it is really frustrating.

In all seriousness if your bored flick to BBC 2 Nadal is getting duffed up by an Aussie Teenager' date=' never seen or heard of the bloke before but his serve is awesome!![/quote']

He looks pretty tall which is probably why, bit like the guy that Andy Murray faced yesterday who is supposed to have a powerful quick serve.

Nadal struggles a bit on grass after his knee injuries. Still a very good player mind LOL

Awesome interview. Thought he is gonna eat the interviewer alive.

Misrepresented though once again by the British media. He was complaining that Algeria was seen as a Mickey Mouse team, not ourselves.

Saying we are a Mickey Mouse team doesn't even make sense. Can't expect that kind of line of thinking from the the Daily Mail though

Awesome interview. Thought he is gonna eat the interviewer alive.

Misrepresented though once again by the British media. He was complaining that Algeria was seen as a Mickey Mouse team' date=' not ourselves.[/quote']

If interviewers ask idiotic questions, they should anticipate the possibility of being slammed.

Reminds me of this interview: We're in the middle of a world championship elimination game, the interviewee had messed up on a play that led to them conceding a goal, and the interviewer just keeps pressing on it. Do you think he wants to say *oh yeah it was all my fault, i suck* in the middle of a crucial game?? Would be a terrible mistake for confidence and in-game performance.

HM5YUE4B7Xc

This defense is soooooooooooo sexy

#HOLD THE FORTRESS

----

On another note, there's such a distinct difference between media people who happen to cover football and football people who happen to work in media. The first group just genuinely suck massive balls. Massive sweaty hairy ones for real.

Archived