Official World Cup 2014 Thread

timesle

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

GET IN!!!

Stick your negativity where the sun don't shine Switzerland.

Good riddance, got what you deserve. See It out Argentina (who themselves are woeful) but better to see them stay in the tournament.

Never thought I would cheer a Argentina goal, feel a bit dirty :o

Why try to curl it in from there?

Should of just hammered the ball as hard as he could through the gap.

Yup, completely agreed. They probably wanted to let Shaqiri shoot though, and he seems like more of a curler than a blaster.

Simon Kuper@KuperSimon 4m

If Switzerland had dared attack before the 120th minute, they might have found all the gaps in the Argentina defence earlier

A point many are missing that Ray happens to be correct on.

Harsh on the Swiss. Messi to the rescue of a very average team.

Difficult to say a team is average when their play is geared solely around giving the ball to Messi. You could say the same about Ronaldo pulling Real along at times but if he didn't play for them, they have the players to play better as a team without him.

Difficult to say a team is average when their play is geared solely around giving the ball to Messi. You could say the same about Ronaldo pulling Real along at times but if he didn't play for them' date=' they have the players to play better as a team without him.[/quote']

I doubt it. Messi is the only really creative player they have so no suprise they are trying to involve him as much as possible. Di Maria is the other one and he like Messi had plenty of the ball today. Higuain, Palacio and Lavezzi..nah.

Thought about it before the game but don't agree with it though.

Every team plays to their strengths, and I think Hitzfeld felt more comfortable playing this way.

In hindsight it's easy to be results-oriented and say that maybe that other way would've worked better. But tbh, the Swiss were really close to advancing and for large parts of the game shut down Argentina effectively, which is no small feat.

Swiss player are lazy in someway, I can't stand some of them, especially Mehmedi, lazy pass in the entire match, just hoping for the ball to get pass the defender in front of him when he kicked it wildly.

And another act of laziness (from Lichtsteiner) proved to cost the game, for a very experienced defender, that is just a terrible way to lost a possession.

Archived