Sign in to follow this  
Glenster1994

Duncan Watmore

DUNCAN WATMORE

12hddwGR.jpg

Current Club - Hibs (On loan from Sunderland)

Previous Clubs - Altrincham FC, Manchester United (spent 6 years at their academy)

Age - 19

Country ENG

Position - Winger (listed as a centre forward on SM, can play there also)

Current Rating: 73

SM Value EST: 100K

Rating Tracker:

Date of Post: Rating 70

10/01/14: Rating increase +3 to 73

Hello everyone,

I have not done a scout report before so I hope that this is good reading. I wanted to bring this promising but very raw talent to your attention. He may not be a future world class player but he has plenty of potential.

A pacy and strong winger who is good with the ball at his feet when running with it. Also blessed with great confidence to take on players. Had his breakthrough season in the Blue Square North with Altrinham last season 2012/2013, scoring 14 goals in his debut season. Picked up Fans player of year and Goal of the season for a fine solo effort against Corby accolades. A host of clubs from the Premiership and Championship tried to sign him, Sunderland ended up winning his signiture for an undisclosed fee.

Currently playing with the U21's, and is impressing the coaching staff with some great form and displays. Way too early to considered for a spot in the first team squad (do not forget he has only been playing there for 3 months) but if he keeps this up and the first team continue to struggle, then the call may come sooner rather than later. One to watch for the future and a bargain at 10K.

Current Season stats:

U21

10 Games for Sunderland U21's which he started all of them. (889 minutes in total)

Goals: 3

Assists: 5

First Team

1 Substitute appearance in FA Cup 3rd Round

Here are some video clips and articles about him:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/duncan-watmore-impressing-sunderland-u21-coach-ball-3984464#.UqTJhdJdWSo

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=17692.0

Thanks for taking the time to read this article. I hope you liked it.

Re: Duncan Watmore

Not sure if there is much interest in this thread but I promise to keep it updated for you all that made this cheap investment based on my advice.

Made his senior debut for the club, coming on as a second half substitute with 27 mins remaining in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup today. I did not see the game live, so cannot give you a great in-depth review but I have heard he greatly impressed yet again.

Typical performance from Watmore, as always full of running and direct play which was a huge lift to the team and added another dimension and outlet for Sunderland. Forced Carlisle onto the the back foot and defend deeper which put Sunderland in control of the game when it was a dangerous scoreline of 2-1. Nearly made an instant impact shortly after his intro but was denied by a decent stop from Carlisle's goalie.

I know Gus Poyet was full of praise for his debutants, singling out Watmore for praise post-match of his willingness to run and the ability to inject a little something different in the game. Sunderland have a kind draw at home to either kidderminster or Peterborough in the next round, so I would expect Watmore to get more minutes in this competition in the next round and I would not rule out in forcing his way into the senior squad on a regular basis towards the end of the season if he continues his impressive displays.

In conclusion, if you have not already brought him in SM I would advise you to make a quick purchase as definite and quick riser.

Thanks for reading yet again. I hope you follow this thread for further updates.

Rave reviews from BBC Radio Newcastle's Gary Bennett for his impact' date=' with Sunderland dominating second-half possession and using him as the point of incision.

Good work![/quote']

Thanks for posting Ben, nice to know he is getting some recognition and praise from external sources too.

Seems to have the talent and temperment to make a success at a good level within the game. Read somewhere he was working his way through a uni degree whilst training with Sunderland so he has a full back. So seems to be very mature and level headed which makes a nice change. Has all the tools to go far.

Good News Folks,

Rating increase of +3 to 73 this morning. Would expect a further increase at end of the season.

Estimate: 75/76

Hard to predict as depends if he can break into the senior squad and get a few bench appearances between now and end of season and how far Sunderland go in the cup (not likely but you never know). But he is currently on track for the above

Duncan Watmore - Update

Duncan Watmore joined SPL team Hibs on loan on deadline day in a bid to gain experience and first team football.

Not been there long, but already impressing coaches with his quick feet, flair and enthusiasm.

I do not watch any SPL football I am afraid so I will not be able to update you on his performances in much detail for the rest of the season but linked a preliminary report from Hibs manager Terry Butcher about first impressions and an article about Gus Poyet's review of the loan move.

As always thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-s-duncan-watmore-is-baby-faced-assassin-says-hibs-boss-terry-butcher-1-6417300

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/hibernian-deal-good-for-sunderland-youngster-watmore-1-6412083

Scored 19 goals in 21 games in the 8th tier of English Football for Clitheroe in 2012 while on loan from Altrincham. Went back to Altrincham and scored 14 goals in 29 games in the 6th tier of english football before sunderland snapped him up. It might be lower standards of football but it's still very impressive records for a 17/18 year old

Update 03/03/14

First and foremost, I would like to thank my fellow forumers taking the time to read this thread and taking an interest in shaggy's (not sure why that is his nickname tbh :P) career.

So he has been at Hibs for a month now, made his debut against Raith Rovers in the SFA cup. Unfortunately could not prevent defeat on his debut as they lost 3-2 to lower league opposition.

But Watmore had a good game but was let down repeatedly by his teammates. Whenever he got the ball caused problems with his pace and trickery and always full of running. Unfortunately the defence could not handle him and often had to hack him down with some rash challenges to stop him. As a result a foot injury has kept him out of recent fixtures

But I hear he has returned to training and I expect him to feature in their next game against Iverness next Wednesday.

Here are a few articles related to his scottish debut:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/duncan-watmore-can-be-wing-wizard-says-butcher-1-3305977

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/duncan-watmore-gets-big-kick-out-of-hibs-debut-1-3304595