Recovery times

TheSuperiorOne

I've got a fairly small first team squad and my players tend to get tired especially with a three game in three days situation.

I normally leave my big name players out if they have a percentage in the 70s-early 80s but how quickly does that percentage go up over the course of a day before they are 100%?

And also at what percentage would you play players at, in terms of their fitness? How low would you go before resting them?

Thanks

Re: Recovery times

I've got a fairly small first team squad and my players tend to get tired especially with a three game in three days situation.

I normally leave my big name players out if they have a percentage in the 70s-early 80s but how quickly does that percentage go up over the course of a day before they are 100%?

And also at what percentage would you play players at' date=' in terms of their fitness? How low would you go before resting them?

Thanks[/quote']

I usually would not start a player if he is below 90% fitness though I do keep them on the bench just for a little insurance to bring them on if in dire straits. My Philosphy is to play the first team in league games, and the rest them for the cups & shields.

I player usually recovers about 8% fitness per day. So ideally to keep them in prime fitness, they need to be around 65-70% after the weekend game so will be fully for the midweek league game. And ideally be around 75% after the midweek game to be fully fit for the weekend.

I usually would not start a player if he is below 90% fitness though I do keep them on the bench just for a little insurance to bring them on if in dire straits. My Philosphy is to play the first team in league games' date=' and the rest them for the cups & shields.

I player usually recovers about 8% fitness per day. So ideally to keep them in prime fitness, they need to be around 65-70% after the weekend game so will be fully for the midweek league game. And ideally be around 75% after the midweek game to be fully fit for the weekend.[/quote']

Didn't SM change it so that the percentage shown on the tactics page is the percentage it will be at kick-off? If your tactics screen says they are in the 70s then they are really unfit.

Didn't SM change it so that the percentage shown on the tactics page is the percentage it will be at kick-off? If your tactics screen says they are in the 70s then they are really unfit.

Sorry my post was unclear' date=' you are right in thinking that the tactics screen shows an accurate estimate of the level of fitness on match day.

I was talking about the players actually fitness levels post match(as shown on a player profile) rather than their optimum trajectory.

A player usually recovers about 8% fitness per day. So ideally to keep them in prime fitness, they need to be around 65-70% after the weekend game so will be fully for the midweek league game. And ideally be around 75% after the midweek game to be fully fit for the weekend.

It was just a rough example I provided that shows what post-game fitness figures should be in order for a player to recover fully in time for a next league game. So if a players condition is at 70% after a match it would take 4 days for his fitness levels to fully recover (the time span between a weekend and midweek league game).