GC 390: From Scratch (Turnu Severin)

Insider

Turnu Severin: Managing an empty squad

Introduction:

I've recently found a way to try to make GCs more interesting for myself, and that way has been to try to accumulate as many different honours as possible, meaning as many different countries. So far, I have GC honours from Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, England, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine, Greece, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, France, Spain and Portugal, and I'm working on many more. My newest country is Romania, in GC 390.

The goal:

The goal is to win with clubs that aren't necessarily easy to win with. Malmo in Sweden, Viking in the Netherlands, Metalist in the Ukraine... middling squads. In Romania, however, I found a squad that had 0 players on it. Before the league opened, the SMFA filled it with 10k players, leaving me with a completely blank slate. Each and every one of those 10k free agents will be released before the first game of the season. So this is where it begins: let's see how one can build a squad from scratch in a GC!

The thread:

I will try to update this thread whenever anything major happens. It is NOT a reserved thread, anyone else in GC 390 is welcome to post their own reports. Feel free to help me with loans... or to impede my progress!

Re: GC 390: From Scratch (Turnu Severin)

Turnu starting to shape up

In the first day of transfers, CS Turnu Severin finally added players to the squad. The empty squad is no longer, as manager insider has splashed out 1.89M on 16 players as well as brought in a key reinforcement by loan.

Insider's main source of reinforcements was South America, with 3 Peruvians and 2 Uruguayans leading the charge, although nearly a third of the budget was spent on Frenchman Cheick Doukoure, who made his way to the Municipal for 650k. Insider has aimed to build a squad with poorly rated players who are showing some decent form with their home clubs, hoping that they can continue their success and become key to Turnu's main goal: Not finishing in the bottom 3.

Anchoring the club so far is 24 year old Uruguayan goalkeeper Ramiro Betancur, who makes his way to Romania from Cerro Largo. He will be protected by the center back pairing of 25 year old compatriot Martin Diaz of Montevideo Wanderers and 23 year old Peruvian Jhon Pena of José Galvez. On the wings are promising 20 year old Pole Adam Waszkiewicz of Jagiellonia and 18 year old Serb Nemanja Antonov of OFK Belgrade.

Running the team on both ends will be Turkish midfielder Salih Ucan, a 19 year old on loan from Fenerbahce. Insider was extremely grateful for the loan and wishes to thank manager Danny van Hecke for his help. Ucan will be joined by previously mentionned Doukouré, a 21 year old from Lorient, and 21 year old Cameroonian Thierry Mbognou, who joins from Slovenian side Krka. On the left will be club captain Wilde-Donald Guerrier, a 24 year old Haitian who brings with him his experience with Polish giants Wisla Krakow. The midfield is certainly the club strong suit.

Up front, the attack is lead by 21 year old Hungarian Peter Horvath, who joins the club from MTK Hungaria. Joining him will be a combination of 23 year old Panamanian Ken Chase and 26 year old Englishman Matt Green, who is the only signing out of an English club (Birmingham).

Turnu Severin only went with one local player, Andrei Coroian, who comes back to Romania after a stint in Hungary. He'll be the main substitute used. Joining him on the bench will be Peruvians Pedro Chirinos, Khader Jasaui and Horacio Benincasa as well as Israeli Ben Reichert.

More reinforcements are expecting in the coming days to have a full 21 man squad by the league debut on Saturday.

73 Betancur

74 Waszkiewicz-72 Diaz-71 Pena-72 Antonov

73 Mbognou-85 Ucan-77 Doukouré-75 Guerrier

71 Green-72 Horvath

Turnu Severin: Managing an empty squad

The thread:

I will try to update this thread whenever anything major happens. It is NOT a reserved thread' date=' anyone else in GC 390 is welcome to post their own reports. Feel free to help me with loans...[b'] or to impede my progress![/b]

I have taken over at the 2nd lowest value club in Romania after yours[ FC Botoşani], not a blank squad as we have 23 Romanians rated 74-80, our club value is £22.2 million and we are here to watch your feat and/or impede your progress.

dan malone takes control of FC Botoşani.

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid finishing bottom of the league.

FC Botoşani were founded in 2001 and play their home games at Municipal Botoşani in Botoşani.

I have taken over at the 2nd lowest value club in Romania after yours[ FC Botoşani]' date=' not a blank squad as we have 23 Romanians rated 74-80, our club value is £22.2 million and we are here to watch your feat and/or impede your progress.

[i']

dan malone takes control of FC Botoşani.

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid finishing bottom of the league.

FC Botoşani were founded in 2001 and play their home games at Municipal Botoşani in Botoşani. [/i]

Excellent. It is so on ;)

Excellent. It is so on ;)

I look forward to it especially as I am the 'Big Team'.

FC-Botosani.png

Dan Malone has brought in three loan players to FC Botoşani.

Ryan Guald [78]' date=' Serge Gnabry [80'], Erick Pimentel [82].

We have also acquired :

BURBANO, Fáider [75-78] Got an instant +3 rise :)

CONCEIÇÃO, Felipe [76]

HEYLEN, Michael [77]

ICHAZO, Salvador [77]

FORREST, Alan [66]

THOMAS, Ryan [75]

CADAVID, Arled [72-75]Got an instant +3 rise

SILVA, Bernardo [77]

DRAŽIĆ, Dejan [72]

XHAKA, Taulant [84]

RODRÍGUEZ, Jonathan [77]

DOUBAÏ, Pascal [82]

LUCERO, Juan Martín [77]

SUKKE, Christian [70]

YEBOAH, Kwame [70]

Free Agents:

Seung-Woo RYU [75][Just signed a 1 year loan deal with Leverkusen]

Manuel GIANDONATO [82]

Vincenzo IAQUINTA [85]

Ivan KLASNIC [84]

Pereira ADRIANO[84]

Cristian LOBATO [83]

We sent scouts across the globe to try and bring in the best of what we can with our £10 million budget and through part-exchange, we have spent our budget but still have players to either sell or trade out.

Tonight we took on Chelsea in our final pre-season game before the league kick-off tomorrow, we set out in a 4-5-1 formation with the two wingers feeding the attacking midfielder target man, who in turn fed all the balls to our solo frontman, we bossed the game and won 2-1 with the striker on the scoresheet for both.

I know it is just a pre-season friendly and not much can be taken from these games but it does set us up in a confident mood to take on CS Pandurii tomorrow.

Surprise victory starts season

No one was quite expecting this. As a matter of fact, only 3 000 fans decided to show up, leaving 15 000 more seats empty. Turnu Severin were never going to have a chance against mighty Dinamo Bucharest. However, never write off a game before it's played.

It started off quite dull, with nothing happening until the 20th minute, where record signing Cheick Doukoure opened the scoring with a free kick. After some back and forth action, the game remained one-one at the half. Then, it was surprise starter Ben Reichert who headed home his first goal. A two goal game was manageable, but Turnu weren't done there. In the 82nd, loanees Ucan and Lucca combined for the 3-0 goal. Curtean got one back from a free kick a minute later, but before the match ended Doukoure would score his second free kick. First game of the season and it's a 4-1 victory!

Ben Reichert got the surprise start. A few days after arriving from Israel for just 10k, his training paid off and he was rewarded with a +4. He'll be looking to start more from now on. New loanees Paul Dummett (Newcastle) and Lucca Brito (Cruzeiro) also joined on time for the match.

Turnu were able to get through the game without any bookings, whereas two Dinamo men recieved warnings.

Turnu are looking to build on the start when they visit Gaz Metan on Wednesday. They are hoping to have a few more players by then, though they are extremely limited financially.

Botoşani open Season with a point

With transfers coming in very late before the game we had a few fitness issues that were not noticeable until after the game.Pandurii took the lead to the applause of their home fans but Italian legend Iaquinta showed he still has something left in the tank with a marvelous equalizer to share the spoils.

We picked up a few knocks and we have some fitness issues but we should be alright in a game or two, Man of the match Iaquinta will be rested for the next game so we could evaluate his fitness, Veteran striker Klasnic will take over as our target man for our first home game of the season against Ceahlăul.

We had a bot of a cash flow problem which meant we lost out on two players we have agreed deals to get rid of six players so will try and bring in one or two off them funds when they arrive.

FC BOTOŞANI EARN FIRST WIN

FC Botosani set out in a 5-4-1 for the home encounter against Ceahlaul and ground out their first win of the season courtesy of a Burbano goal assisted by veteran striker Klasnic, loanee Gauld got his matching orders in the 19th minute which made things a little tougher, Doubai picked up an ankle injury so will miss the next game against Concordia Chaijna.

The win moves us up to 6th place and keeps us unbeaten at this early stage of the season.

68397.jpg

BABY FACE DAWIDOWICZ

We bring in three new arrivals 18 yold Polish starlet Dawidowicz, Serbian CB Mitrovic & German left-back Lorenzoni.

We still have a few quid spare so will be looking to bring in a couple of players who we can make some cash on.

Away defeat for Turnu

After a shock result in the first game, Turnu Severin have fallen back to earth, shut out 3-0 by Gaz Metan Medias. It was a poor debut for goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi on his debut.

Gulacsi joined Turnu earlier in the week from Salzburg for 1.8 million. He was joined by Serbs Nikola Kovacevic and Milan Gajic as well as domestic signings Madson from Vaslui and Romanian Iulian Petrache out of a Hungarian club.

Joining Gulacsi on his debut was Peruvian midfielder Omar Reyes, who joined the starting line after rising by four earlier in the week, and Uruguayan defender Martin Diaz who rose by 6 from 72 to 78.

Next up is are the ever strong Steaua Bucharest and the up and coming Botosani. Turnu are expected to drop to 1-0-3.

NICE START

Botoşani run out easy winners with a 5-2 demolishing of Concordia, legendary Iaquinta bagged a brace, Loronzoni scores on his debut, Giandonato & a own goal were the others.

We have went with depth and truing to pick up any buy-low-sell high players to complete the squad for the turn, one maybe to still to come in.

I am surprised with the start we have made as 7 points from first 3 games is well beyond what we thought we would get from the openers, its early days but things are happy at Botosani at the minute.

FC Botoşani Beat Rivals

FC Botoşani crushed rivals Turnu Severin 4-2 in a frantic game, Lucca put Turniu 1-0 up in the first minutes but that seemed to kick FC Botoşani into gear, Gnabry, Giandonato [x2] and Klasnic had us 4-1 up by the break, Ucan pilled one back for Turnu but only proved to be a consolation.

Three wins and a draw from first four games is much better than we thought we would have, the chairman seems pleased as he asked for us not to finish bottom.

Botosani back down to earth with a bump

FC Botoşani slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against Rapid Bucureşti, there were no positives to be taken from this game, we were well and truly beaten by the better team, we are still joint top of three on ten points so we just have to put this game behind us and move on.

Record crowd watches FC Botoşani. 3,709 fans turned out to watch FC Botoşani against Rapid Bucureşti breaking the previous home record attendance.

In better news for the club :

Felipe CONCEIÇÃO got a +4 76>80

Wilder CARTAGENA got a +1 75>76

Almahdi ALI got a +3 70>73

Next game is against Petrolul Ploiești where hopefully we can bounce back.

Thought I would take a crack at this with ya's for a bit of fun :D

So took on the next lowest valued team in Universitatea Cluj.

Mainly brought in some Romanian youth prospects so far and some others. Biggest signing at the moment is Yassine Ayoub the young dutch midfielder for 2.5 million.

After 3 games in charge its been a mixed bag of results with a win, draw and a loss. Up next is a derby game with CFR Cluj, its going to be tough to get a result but we shall try never the less :)

Thought I would take a crack at this with ya's for a bit of fun :D

So took on the next lowest valued team in Universitatea Cluj.

Mainly brought in some Romanian youth prospects so far and some others. Biggest signing at the moment is Yassine Ayoub the young dutch midfielder for 2.5 million.

After 3 games in charge its been a mixed bag of results with a win' date=' draw and a loss. Up next is a derby game with CFR Cluj, its going to be tough to get a result but we shall try never the less :)[/quote']

Quality stuff.

FC BOTOŞANI BACK TO WINNING WAYS

We took on Petrolul today and easily beat them 2-0 , goals from Lazafame & Adriano were enough to score us a 2-0 win, it seems we went in a bit hard as we injury two of their players.

The win moves us up a place to 2nd, joint top with the Romanian powerhouse Steaua Bucureşti, we are performing well above expected lets hope we can keep this up, next to play is CSMS Iaşi.

HIGH 5 FOR FC BOTOŞANI

FC BOTOŞANI registered their biggest ever home win with a 5-0 spanking of Iasi, Bernardo Silva opened the scoring, then man of the match Rafael Moura bagged himself a brace, Cristian Lobato made it 4-0 before the break and Taulant Xhaka wrapped things up with our fifth.

We are still joint top with Steau as they also won, next up is Oţelul Galaţi.

Bit of an absence as a new semester started, but Turnu Severin are still going strong (well, not really strong, but yeah!)

Last few games

Every point is a bonus for Turnu, who still have the weakest side in the league by quite a margin. The past 2 weeks have been pretty poor, starting with a 4-2 defeat against Botosani. Goals from Alison and Ben Reichert were enough for a 2-2 draw with Timisoara, a surprise point. Riding that momentum, Severin then defeated fellow bottom-feeders Ceahlaul 1-0, with the goal coming from Ucan. Finally, another defeat, this time 2-1 to Pandurii.

A few new signings

Turnu kept the line up talented young players incoming by singing Santos midfielder Alison for 2.1 mil. They followed that up with Samsunspor midfielder Aminu Umar and Leeds mid Alex Mowatt. Once that was taken care up, they purchased a pair of highly rated free agents for the squad: 29 year old Bordeaux man Guillaume Hoarau for 2.9 and 22 year old Twente Norwegian Torgeir Borven for 2.5 million. Both can play as strikers, which will help with the lack of goal scoring.

Rating changes

A few rating changes as well for our players.

Alex Mowatt 75 -- 77

Andrei Coroian 72 -- 75

Iulian Petrarche 73 -- 76

Jhon Pena 71 -- 72

Thierry Mbognou 73 -- 76

It might not seem like much, but this is a team that started with very little cash and no players. The rises will certainly be helpful.

Current starters:

80 Gulacsi

74 Waskiewicz - 76 Petrarche - 78 Diaz - 80 Dummett

80 Allison - 77 Doukore (77 Reyes; 77 Mowatt)

85 Ucan - 80 Lucca

86 Hoarau - 84 Borven

FC BOTOŞANI HIT VASLUI FOR THREE

Lobato scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Silva and Giandonato were also amongst the goalscorers.

We are performing above all expectations and sit second place just goal difference behind league powerhouse Steaua Bucureşti, we have posted 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat from the opening 8 games.

We have had a few of recent risers that has boosted the value of the club which is pleasing, seven have risen in total.

Universitatea Cluj update

In recent matches we haven't had much to be happy about with 2 league defeats and a draw, but a recent scrappy away win over Turnu Severin saw fortune smile on us. But a 4-0 home win in the Romanian shield over CFR Cluj allowing us to progress to the quarter final with an away match up with Dinamo Bucuresti, giving the fans something to look forward to.

On the transfer front we have stuck with our policy of bringing in youth prospects and shipping out the older players. So far our scouts have worked the Bulgarian and Belgian leagues helping us bring in 7 players from them.

Most notable signings are:

Mat Ryan - Aussie shotstopper from Club Brugge, at 21 he is already a highly respected keeper in Belgium having played every game so far.

Antonio Vutov - 17 year old attacker whose displays for Levski have earned him a move to Udinese, and a plus 1 in his rating to an 80.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not posted in here for a while here is a Botosani update.

Wed 22 Jan Division 1 [A] 3 - 3 Astra Giurgiu

Sat 25 Jan Division 1 [H] 0 - 1 CFR 1907 Cluj

Wed 29 Jan Division 1 [A] 1 - 2 Oţelul Galaţi

Sat 1 Feb Division 1 [H] 2 - 0 Gaz Metan Mediaş

Wed 5 Feb Division 1 [A] 2 - 1 Dinamo Bucureşti

Sat 8 Feb Division 1 [H] 0 - 0 Steaua Bucureşti

Wed 12 Feb Division 1 [A] 4 - 1 Universitatea Cluj

A s you can see our form has been a bit in and out, we sit in 2nd pace 6 points off the leaders, transfer bans come off in a couple of weeks so that will give us an extra boost, we have had a half a dozen extra risers since last report so have a squad value of over £60 million.

Not posted in here for a while here is a Botosani update.

Wed 22 Jan Division 1 [A] 3 - 3 Astra Giurgiu

Sat 25 Jan Division 1 [H] 0 - 1 CFR 1907 Cluj

Wed 29 Jan Division 1 [A] 1 - 2 Oţelul Galaţi

Sat 1 Feb Division 1 [H] 2 - 0 Gaz Metan Mediaş

Wed 5 Feb Division 1 [A] 2 - 1 Dinamo Bucureşti

Sat 8 Feb Division 1 [H] 0 - 0 Steaua Bucureşti

Wed 12 Feb Division 1 [A] 4 - 1 Universitatea Cluj

A s you can see our form has been a bit in and out' date=' we sit in 2nd pace 6 points off the leaders, transfer bans come off in a couple of weeks so that will give us an extra boost, we have had a half a dozen extra risers since last report so have a squad value of over £60 million.[/quote']

Yeah mate you raped my poor Uni Cluj :o

On the plus side tho, Uni Cluj are into the Romanian shield final :D and a big +3 for Ayoub rating

Pulled a bit of a fast one as I noticed league leaders Steau's top scorer was on loan and with them being unmanaged I sent a mail to the parent club [inter] and asked if he could recall and loan him to me and voila, 19 goal hitman Belfodil is now on loan at Botosani.

The loan offer for Ishak BELFODIL of Internazionale from FC Botoşani has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Thanks to the Inter boss, hopefully that will give us a chance to pull back the 6 points we are off the leaders.

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting times at Botosani as we cash in our bonds, stocks and risers.

We have offlaoded a massive 22 players and brought in 11 new players, we have added some much needed class to the side[well good ratings maybe not class]..

First teamers [Marquee players *]

VYDRA, Matej

BELL, Stefan

MONREAL, Nacho *

CABALLERO, Willy *

DELGADO, Matías

GRIFFITHS, Leigh

GEIS, Johannes

Youngsters

SCHRIJVERS, Siebe

SÁNCHEZ, Matías

WALTER, Rémi

ABNER, Almeida

We will still be wheeeling and dealing and should be bringing in another half a dozen.

We have had two draws and a win in the last 3 league games since previous report and we are 8 games unbeaten, still 8 points off the top though.

Archived