Official FA Cup Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Just hope Pompey don't get floored by Chelsea. Really want them to do well as it'll be there last game of the season and i bet they'll want to go out with a bang. I think with the right amount of luck Portsmouth would pull something special off, Portsmouth wasted alot of chances this afternoon though, alot of counter attacks were wasted by poor passes and i think if they could clear this up they could hurt Chelsea. Lets just hope they can pull something special off.

Come on Pompey! ;)

Portsmouth_468x354.jpg

Portsmouth's most loyalist fan?

Just hope Pompey don't get floored by Chelsea. Really want them to do well as it'll be there last game of the season and i bet they'll want to go out with a bang. I think with the right amount of luck Portsmouth would pull something special off' date=' Portsmouth wasted alot of chances this afternoon though, alot of counter attacks were wasted by poor passes and i think if they could clear this up they could hurt Chelsea. Lets just hope they can pull something special off.

Come on Pompey! ;)

[/quote']

Well, as much as I am disappointed to see Spurs go out, I am happy for Pompey. After what they have gone through in recent months, I think a cup victory would be a fitting way to end the season on a high. They are capable of doing it and it'll be one of Chelsea's former manager leading Pompey to the finals in Wembley. Whatever maybe the situation off the field, I feel the players should go out and treat it as a do-or-die match and win it for their fans. Its sad to see them get relegated but a victory over Chelsea would go some way in satisfying the fans.

Well' date=' as much as I am disappointed to see Spurs go out, I am happy for Pompey. After what they have gone through in recent months, I think a cup victory would be a fitting way to end the season on a high. They are capable of doing it and it'll be one of Chelsea's former manager leading Pompey to the finals in Wembley. Whatever maybe the situation off the field, I feel the players should go out and treat it as a do-or-die match and win it for their fans. Its sad to see them get relegated but a victory over Chelsea would go some way in satisfying the fans.[/quote']

Yeah would be nice, not just cause i dislike Chelsea but cause Pompey are a club with real pride and a club that have been mistreated over the years. A club i believed would of survived if the points penalty wasn't deducted from them. Chelsea will be the favorites, but the Pompey players won't have anything to loss, number of them won't be doing much over the summer so can just go into it all guns blazin and try and get the victory. Really hope they do it.

• 1 month later...

There has been some epic misses in this match.

Yes. That Piquionne one was poor, but the Kalou miss was unbeliavable.

Lampard came close, hit the post, and Drogba would have scored had it not been for some great defending from Aaron Mokoena. Chelsea are looking like comfortable winners if they can get the first goal.