Forest Green Rovers v Northampton Town

Fleetwood Town v Walsall

Barnet v Charlton Athletic

Plymouth Argyle v Swindon Town

Accrington Stanley v Oldham Athletic

Hartlepool United v Vauxhall Motors

Stockport County v Peterborough United

Brentford v Aldershot Town

Not a great draw for Exeter, away to Bury. Was hoping for a home game, and have a poor record against them.

Makes it 3 away games in 7 days as well :/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Swindon Supermarine one game away from their first ever FA Cup appearance. Been an incredible run for them. I went along on Saturday against Bath and Supermarine were desperately unlucky not to win it late on. Not sure when the replay is, but Bath are big favourites, two divisions above and on home turf. Would be great if Supermarine can get through though!

If Dover can get past Farnborough on Tuesday night we have the mother of all games for us in the 1st round against arch rivals Gillingscum. I have to say I'm not all that confident as we probably have the worst 4th round qualifying record in the country (having only qualified for the first round once before), and we were lucky to scape a draw against Farnborough on Saturday. Still we did stuff them 6-3 at our place earlier in the season so who knows.

Seeing the draw also remind me of this which I posted in the "Team you love to hate?" thread back in June, and also gives everyone a bit of an insight into just how massive this game would be for us:

The team I love to hate right now? Gillingscum' date=' or as they are officially known Gillingham.

So why do I love to hate them? Well apart from the local rivalry of them being a Kent club (and we get on with most Kent clubs anyway), let me tell you a little story......

My team, Dover Athletic, have enjoyed both the worst and best of times in non-league football in recent years. After a period which saw 3 relegations in 4 years to the lowly Ryman Division 1 South, a beacon of light appeared in the form of Andy Hessethaler, the former Gillingham manager and midfielder. He took us to back to back titles in two seasons, and in his third season in charge took us to the verge of a return to the Conference, with us finishing second in the Blue Square South, missing out on promotion via the playoffs. Surely cause to be eternally grateful you would think, and usually I would agree, but in the course of just 18 days the poison dwarf has turned all that good work round to become a figure of hate at Crabble.

So events unfold when Gillingham sack Mark Stimson following their relegation into League 2 at the end of last season, and as a gesture of goodwill for the work he has done for the club, the Dover chairman, Jim Parmenter releases Hessenthaler from the last year of his contract, without compensation to the club from either Hessenthaler or Gillingham; when the Gills' chairman Paul Scally comes calling. Upon joining up with the Gills Hessenthaler says that he will do all he can in the future to help out Dover Athletic.

The hunt for a new manager starts, and Ian Hendon, having being released by Barnet at the end of the season is announced as the new boss about a week later, in front of a press conference in front of local media and the BBC. Hendon was on a short-list of two, but got the job as Hessenthaler gave him an excellent reference and personal recommendation, having previously worked with him at Barnet.

Immediately after the press conference, Hendon was due to go away on holiday, and this left no time for contracts to be signed due to legal issues in it's preparation prior to the press conference. The Dover chairman, having Hendon's word that it would be signed upon his return this week (and in retrospect, possibly naively) allowed Hendon to sign once he returned from abroad.

Whilst Hendon is away Hessenthaler makes his first move which shows his mark as a man, taking our youth academy manager away with him to the Gills, effectively tearing the heart out of it's organisation, bearing in mind that we are a very small club in the grand scheme of things. So much for helping Dover out on the first count.

Upon Hendon's return though, Hessenthaler struck his second body blow, with Hendon turning up to a pre-arranged meeting with the Dover chairman to discuss the forthcoming season. At the meeting Hendon tells Parmenter ‘You’re not going to like this, but I’ve been offered a job at Gillingham so I’m leaving.’

So basically, what Hessenthaler has done is been allowed to walk out of his contract as a reward for admittedly the good work that he had done. However, he really then shows his integrity after saying he will do all he can for Dover, recommending his replacement, and then poaching them to be his number two only 18 days later, leaving us with no manager, with half the squad uncommitted to new deals for next season. Not only this but he has effectively wrecked our youth academy. It has to be said that the way Gillingham and their staff have conducted themselves in this affair is absolutely out of order, and I sincerely hope that any of their fans are ashamed by their lack of integrity.

Still, the poison dwarf, Hendon and the pikey Scally deserve each other, and if football karma does it's work, [b']we'll kick them out of the FA Cup this season[/b], see them get relegated to the Conference, go bankrupt and go out of existence. At least then we can see the blot of the Kent football landscape that is Gillingscum disappear.

Maybe I can give Nostradamus a run for his money?

Couldn't get to the game to night' date=' and am I gutted now!? Eleven minutes gone and Dover are 3-0 up! Gillingscum here we come![/quote']

Dover are my 4th team btw :o

I went to game at Crabble I think it was called and loved em ever since xD.

well just casual intrest but anyway ;D.

1st Round draw!

Colchester United v Bradford City

Corby Town v Luton Town

Harrow Borough v Chesterfield

Notts County v Gateshead

Stevenage v MK Dons

Southport v Sheffield Wednesday

Rotherham United v York City

Havant & Waterlooville v Droylsden

Bury v Exeter City

Cheltenham Town v Morecambe

Hayes & Yeading v Wycombe Wanderers

Dagenham & Redbridge v Leyton Orient

AFC Wimbledon v Ebbsfleet United

Lincoln City v Workington or Nuneaton Town

Mansfield Town v Torquay United

Hereford United v Hythe Town

AFC Bournemouth v Tranmere Rovers

Carshalton Athletic or Chelmsford City v Hendon or Metropolitan Police

Swindon Supermarine or Bath City v Eastwood Town

Rushden & Diamonds v Yeovil Town

Southampton v Shrewsbury Town

Cambridge United v Huddersfield Town

Burton Albion v Oxford United

Gillingham v Farnborough or Dover Athletic

Tamworth or Grimsby v Crewe Alexandra

Darlington v Bristol Rovers

Guiseley v Crawley Town

Brighton & Hove Albion v Woking

Macclesfield Town v Southend United

Rochdale v FC United of Manchester or Barrow

Carlisle United v Sheffield or Tipton

Leiston or Dartford v Port Vale

Forest Green Rovers v Northampton Town

Fleetwood Town v Walsall

Barnet v Charlton Athletic

Plymouth Argyle v Swindon Town

Accrington Stanley v Oldham Athletic

Hartlepool United v Vauxhall Motors

Stockport County v Peterborough United

Brentford v Aldershot Town

Not a great draw for Exeter' date=' away to Bury. Was hoping for a home game, and have a poor record against them.

Makes it 3 away games in 7 days as well :/[/quote']

The teams I 'follow' in bold :)

Forgot to post on here at the time..

Swindon Supermarine qualified for the FA Cup proper. :D First time in their history.

3-1 down at one point as well. Got two goals in the last five minutes of the first half to level it up and Lapham scored the winner in the 91st minute. Absolutely incredible.

Home to Eastwood next, who are only a division above Supermarine. Going to be a cracking atmosphere, can't wait.

Forgot to post on here at the time..

Swindon Supermarine qualified for the FA Cup proper. :D First time in their history.

3-1 down at one point as well. Got two goals in the last five minutes of the first half to level it up and Lapham scored the winner in the 91st minute. Absolutely incredible.

Home to Eastwood next' date=' who are only a division above Supermarine. Going to be a cracking atmosphere, can't wait.[/quote']

Congratulations mate, do you support Leeds and Swindon Submarines then? Hope to see you at Deepdale in the cup this year mate ;) Good luck

Congratulations mate' date=' do you support Leeds and Swindon Submarines then? Hope to see you at Deepdale in the cup this year mate ;) Good luck[/quote']

Cheers mate. I support Leeds, but I obviously follow Swindon because they are the local side and Supermarine for the same reason, and because a few people I know play for the Supermarine.

Cheers mate. I support Leeds' date=' but I obviously follow Swindon because they are the local side and Supermarine for the same reason, and because a few people I know play for the Supermarine.[/quote']

Haha alright, i like all the smaller teams in the FA Cup (Not many get through in Carling) its always best to support the local sides, cant go wrong:)

Just got back from Lydiard. Unbelievable, Supermarine's run goes on. Never made the 1st round before, only ever made the last round of qualifying twice, but now in the 2nd round after dumping out yet another side in a higher division. Atmosphere was quality, new experience having to stand though!

Swindon (local side) hammered Plymouth (cousin's team) as well. Would be great if Supermarine and Swindon drew each other in Round 2.

And I cannot wait for Hesse's reaction. :D What a result for Dover, grats Hesse (when you're sober enough to read this!).

Just got back from Lydiard. Unbelievable' date=' Supermarine's run goes on. Never made the 1st round before, only ever made the last round of qualifying twice, but now in the 2nd round after dumping out yet another side in a higher division. Atmosphere was quality, new experience having to stand though!

Swindon (local side) hammered Plymouth (cousin's team) as well. Would be great if Supermarine and Swindon drew each other in Round 2.

And I cannot wait for Hesse's reaction. :D What a result for Dover, grats Hesse (when you're sober enough to read this!).[/quote']

Congratulations, i kept looking out for the Supermarines (I might have accidently called you Submarines before ;)) and was so glad when you won :)

Southampton 2 Shrewsbury 0

:(

:D:D:D

shame i went to the Brighton game instead isnt it :( my mate who gets me my tickets couldnt so i went to the withdean instead and watched the most boring first half ever in FA cup football , the second half was a slight inprovement but when the highlight of the game is the away support and there flares then it tells you all you need to know about the game :rolleyes:

The Woking support were top notch btw out sang Brighton 10x over throughout the whole game and treated the game like a cup final with every chance cheered and geered it was fantastic ! Thats what the FA cup is about

:D:D:D

shame i went to the Brighton game instead isnt it :( my mate who gets me my tickets couldnt so i went to the withdean instead and watched the most boring first half ever in FA cup football ' date=' the second half was a slight inprovement but when the highlight of the game is the away support and there flares then it tells you all you need to know about the game :rolleyes:

The Woking support were top notch btw out sang Brighton 10x over throughout the whole game and treated the game like a cup final with every chance cheered and geered it was fantastic ! Thats what the FA cup is about[/quote']

That really is what its all about :)

Just got back from the 2-0 mauling of Gillingscum. The boys were absolutely immense today, and played Gillingham off of the park. By the end of the game both the Gills supporters and us were baying for Hessenthaler's head. See where your morals have got you Hess and Hendon? P45s are in the post gentleman, and if you don't receive them we'll see you in the Conference next year!

Life just doesn't get better than this! COYW!!!!!!

Like Swindon Supermarine (congrats Seft), we're now in the hat for the second round for the first time in our history. Now comes the dilemma of whether we want an easier draw in the next round to get a shot at the Premiership big boys, or do we want another big game? Not wanting to get carried away, but I've dreamed for as long as I can remember of a 3rd round tie away to Arsenal. Que ce ra!!!!

Just got back from the 2-0 mauling of Gillingscum. The boys were absolutely immense today' date=' and played Gillingham off of the park. By the end of the game both the Gills supporters and us were baying for Hessenthaler's head. See where your morals have got you Hess and Hendon? P45s are in the post gentleman, and if you don't receive them we'll see you in the Conference next year!

Life just doesn't get better than this! COYW!!!!!!

Like Swindon Supermarine (congrats Seft), we're now in the hat for the second round for the first time in our history. Now comes the dilemma of whether we want an easier draw in the next round to get a shot at the Premiership big boys, or do we want another big game? Not wanting to get carried away, but I've dreamed for as long as I can remember of a 3rd round tie away to Arsenal. Que ce ra!!!![/quote']

A Supermarine/Dover tie would certainly be interesting. ;)

By the sound of it the players were just as up for it as you were and no doubt the other Dover fans. Apparently you took in excess of 2000 fans there today? That's incredible if so, better than some Prem teams even (Wigan springs to mind).