Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeECFC

Official FA Cup Thread

Re: FA Cup

A Supermarine/Dover tie would certainly be interesting. ;)

By the sound of it the players were just as up for it as you were and no doubt the other Dover fans. Apparently you took in excess of 2000 fans there today? That's incredible if so' date=' better than some Prem teams even (Wigan springs to mind).[/quote']

Hmm Supermarine v Dover certainly would be interesting! Your place or ours? ;)

Yeah we sold 2400 tickets for yesterday's game, and there were probably a couple of hundred more in the Gills end too. Certainly looks promising if we were able to get a couple more promotions as far as gates are concerned. That being said, Kent is a bit of a non-league hotbed, but there are no decent football league sides with only Gillingham to represent us, so for a Kent derby there can be pretty large away support. Normally though we take 200 or so away for a league game, which by non-league standards is still pretty good!

Hmm Supermarine v Dover certainly would be interesting! Your place or ours? ;)

Yeah we sold 2400 tickets for yesterday's game' date=' and there were probably a couple of hundred more in the Gills end too. Certainly looks promising if we were able to get a couple more promotions as far as gates are concerned. That being said, Kent is a bit of a non-league hotbed, but there are no decent football league sides with only Gillingham to represent us, so for a Kent derby there can be pretty large away support. Normally though we take 200 or so away for a league game, which by non-league standards is still pretty good![/quote']

I was watching the score updates on the BBC and then the highlights after.

Great win there and I never expected it :L

A few promos and Dover can be a league force ;D.

Loving the Southport vs Sheffield Weds.. match, Southport level to 1-1 and Sheff Wed retake the lead within a few minutes. 5 minutes later Southport get a thrown and bring on McGinn the long throw man, who takes the throw its cleared right back to him and he fires into he back of the net. 2-2 which his 1st kick.

While I was typing that^ its now 4-2 to Sheff Wed. :o

5-2. 6 second half goals in 12 minutes.

Loving the Southport vs Sheffield Weds.. match' date=' Southport level to 1-1 and Sheff Wed retake the lead within a few minutes. 5 minutes later Southport get a thrown and bring on McGinn the long throw man, who takes the throw its cleared right back to him and he fires into he back of the net. 2-2 which his 1st kick.

While I was typing that^ its now 4-2 to Sheff Wed. :o

5-2. 6 second half goals in 12 minutes.[/quote']

We love to entertain, do Wednesday! I think some of our players have just about found their level today. :)

Swindon away to Crawley, Swindon Supermarine away to Colchester.

Not particularly nice draws either way, Swindon away, against big spending and top of the BSP, potential banana peel. As for Supermarine, no "glamour" tie - there was never going to be many but Colchester's stadium really is pathetic - and probably not going to cause an upset, and away. Still, who knows.

Dover host Brentford or Aldershot.

I'm sure George will provide the full draw later on.

What a game today though! 6 goals in less than 15 minutes. Looked like there was going to be a goal every time both sides attacked! The second Southport equaliser was superb - off the bench, takes a long throw, headed back to him, lashes it in, 2-2.

i would love to see afc wimbledon spank mk dons' date=' hopefully both will make it through

[/quote']

Would love to see that happen..

Not a great draw for AFC Wimbledon though.. MK Dons would get 50% of the gate money, so the fans will refuse to go to the game so MK don't get the money.

If it was to go to a replay, the same thing would happen although with their plastic half empty stadium I doubt anybody would notice tbh!

Statement on AFC Wimbledon website;

Depending on the outcome of two replays, we have been drawn against Milton Keynes in the FA Cup 2nd round to be played on 27 November.

Most people know the way that Milton Keynes obtained their football club. It was wrong then and it is still wrong now, which makes this fixture very painful for us. However, when we entered the FA Cup we understood that this might happen and we will go about our business professionally and complete the fixture. But we would have preferred that it hadn’t happened. We have no further comment to make at the moment.

Went to the FC United game and what a brilliant atmosphere. Sold out their entire allocation of 3600 and apparently requested for more and were denied. There were more FC United fans in there than Rochdale. The winner should've been disallowed though but typical United to score right at the death:D

Poor draw for them though. Presuming Brighton win can't see FC United beating them AND the away allocation is only 900 I believe so not much of a earner. IF they do beat Brighton I hope to god we don't get drawn with them...

Went to the FC United game and what a brilliant atmosphere. Sold out their entire allocation of 3600 and apparently requested for more and were denied. There were more FC United fans in there than Rochdale. The winner should've been disallowed though but typical United to score right at the death:D

Poor draw for them though. Presuming Brighton win can't see FC United beating them AND the away allocation is only 900 I believe so not much of a earner. IF they do beat Brighton I hope to god we don't get drawn with them...

Out of curiosity, where would your allegiances lie?

You're also about 6 miles away from the pitch :o

Well Dover's draw against either Aldershot or Brentford was a bit of an anti-climax for me after yesterday, but then any draw was going to be I suppose!! I think in my heart of hearts strangely I wanted a non-league outfit to give us a better chance of getting into the 3rd round. At least we have a home draw, and I can't help but feel that after the result yesterday we are capable of getting the result needed to have a crack at a Premiership giant. I can't help but feel though, that even against league opposition the players won't have the same motivation as they had against Gillingscum, what with all the recent needle between the two clubs.

Aldershot got past Brentford 1-0 to set up an away tie against the mighty Dover Athletic. If I'm honest, this was the result I was looking for, just purely based on the fact that Aldershot play in a division lower than Brentford, thus improving our chances of getting to the 3rd round, and a crack at the big boys. Still going to be one hell of a challenge though. Will be queueing for my ticket this weekend, fingers crossed! :D

Aldershot got past Brentford 1-0 to set up an away tie against the mighty Dover Athletic. If I'm honest' date=' this was the result I was looking for, just purely based on the fact that Aldershot play in a division lower than Brentford, thus improving our chances of getting to the 3rd round, and a crack at the big boys. Still going to be one hell of a challenge though. Will be queueing for my ticket this weekend, fingers crossed! :D[/quote']

I'm going to the game ;D. I'm the Dover End with the Shots fans.

CMON YOU SHOTS ;D.