Official FA Cup Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FA Cup Today's FA Cup 1st Round Results and Scorers Accrington Stanley 2 - 3 Huddersfield Town A = Peter Cavanagh and Paul Mullin H = Malvin Kamara x2 and Luke Beckett Altrincham 1 - 2 Millwa

Might as well start a thread on it now it's started FA Cup 1st Round draw: Darlington v Northampton Town Hampton & Richmond v Dagenham & Redbridge Torquay v Yeovil Leyton Orient v Bristo

Re: Official FA Cup Thread Villa fans going absolutely bonkers...

Re: FA Cup

Yep the little kid shouting should of gone to specsavers was funny :P

Ye :P

1-0 Stevenage, and deserved almost 70% possesion. Josh Walker with the goal from a free-kick, only joined them yesterday. Looking one of the best players on the pitch. Wimbledon need to get there act together, there not threating Stevenage.

Ye :P

1-0 Stevenage' date=' and deserved almost 70% possesion. Josh Walker with the goal from a free-kick, only joined them yesterday. Looking one of the best players on the pitch. Wimbledon need to get there act together, there not threating Stevenage.[/quote']

Totally agree, Walker wouldn't look out of place in the Championship

This is where the lower league ref tells.

Luke Moore goes down in the box, it's either a penalty or a dive. Doesn't give the penalty, or book him for diving.

Stevenage not doing so well at the moment, turning into more of a long ball game.

EDIT: Chris Bush - Work experience :P

Saw something like this yesterday.

EDIT x2: Here it is "Andy Coughlin [Tranmere - Fleetwood] Work experience" off the BBC transfers section.

Yep same player' date=' good to see him step up his game from Aberdeen in 2008 too Stevenage in 2010 :P[/quote']

He had the potential to be a good player, Scored against Bayern with a great strike and i thought he would get some time at Boro.

FC United doing well, Would like to see Brighton go through as I quite like them (Mum's mate supports them).

Just back from the FCUM game. Not a lot you can say really, although we did rest 7 of our bigger players for this game, the team we played should still of had enough quality to overcome a Northern Premier division side. I was never confident we would walk away with the result as these things happen in the FA Cup, especially with it being FC United.

Never did it look like they were in control of the game, we always had the run of the game and they never were the better team, the only difference was taking chances. They had one chance in the first half, and they took it brilliantly and got the goal, not exactly deserved but that's football. We had too many chances to count, our players did every thing else right, except the finish. The fans got behind the lads with 25mins to go and you could see the change in play, everything became much more attacking, and then it paid off when Taricco's header was stabbed in by Sandaza, the goal we finally deserved, sort of.

We pushed and pushed right till the end, and to be honest at that point I would have been happy with the draw, but to get a penalty and miss it makes it feel like a loss. We've had extreme problems with penalties this year, cycling through at least 4 different takers, and once we found one, Ashley Barnes, who was actually on the pitch at the time, he doesn't even take the pen! Elliott Bennett (who had missed his last spot-kick against Peterborough) steps up, and admittedly it was an excellent save from the FCUM keeper, but obviously being an Albion fan I was extremely annoyed.

Fair play to them though, they always seemed to get the last challenge in and their 'keeper was class. The replay at Gigg Lane makes me feel slightly worried, as another replay is definitely something we didn't need right in the middle of a hectic and very important season.

EDIT x2: Here it is "Andy Coughlin [Tranmere - Fleetwood] Work experience" off the BBC transfers section.

Is he in Yr 11, doing his work experience by, er, playing football, or is it just a mix-up and it's in-fact a loan?

Pretty impressive if a 15/16yo is involved in the BSP tbh.

And incredible how Dover have done it again, delighted for them. What a cup journey, starting from the qualifying rounds, knocking out two league teams including their local rivals. Would be great if they got one of the top teams. Was following the match on the score centre and it seemed to take forever to finish due to the delay (not sure why that was), but not only did they hang on, they got a penalty and finished it off in stoppage time.

Is he in Yr 11' date=' doing his work experience by, er, playing football, or is it just a mix-up and it's in-fact a loan?

Pretty impressive if a 15/16yo is involved in the BSP tbh.

And incredible how Dover have done it again, delighted for them. What a cup journey, starting from the qualifying rounds, knocking out two league teams including their local rivals. Would be great if they got one of the top teams. Was following the match on the score centre and it seemed to take forever to finish due to the delay (not sure why that was), but not only did they hang on, they got a penalty and finished it off in stoppage time.[/quote']

No, it's not that. Providing what i heard from the commentry yesterday is correct, if a player is not signed proffessionally at one club but goes on loan to a lower league club the classified term is "work experience".

So for example if an Arsenal youngster playing youth team football, yet to sign a proffesional contract went out on loan to say a conference team then it will be called "work experience" rather then a loan deal.

Holt is tearing ipswich to shreads !

Wrong thread. That's a Championship fixture.

Want to see some real David V Goliath fixtures in the draw this evening-

Sod all the Villa V West Ham, Blackburn V Middlesbrough, Wigan V Hull etc

Would be delighted to see a few Dover V Man United, Stevenage V Arsenal, Burton Albion V Liverpool etc

Imo to relieve the magic of the cup have ALL teams thrown in from the first round with the premier league sides SEEDED AWAY until round three.

Would make for some cracking games.

Want to see some real David V Goliath fixtures in the draw this evening-

Sod all the Villa V West Ham' date=' Blackburn V Middlesbrough, Wigan V Hull etc

Would be delighted to see a few Dover V Man United, Stevenage V Arsenal, Burton Albion V Liverpool etc

Imo to relieve the magic of the cup have ALL teams thrown in from the first round with the premier league sides SEEDED AWAY until round three.

Would make for some cracking games.[/quote']

The smaller sides want the gate receipts and prestige of an away day at Old Trafford or the Emirates though...

The smaller sides want the gate receipts and prestige of an away day at Old Trafford or the Emirates though...

Yeah I know - money ruining football again there bud.

I am sick of tired of seeing the likes of Blackburn, Boro, Villa etc getting half-full grounds for a 3rd round tie at home to the likes of Colchester etc.

I'm proper old school in the sense that 3rd round = dodgy pies, shoddy grounds, capacity of 2k, snow around the edge of the pitch and some 33 year old brick layer belting in a wonder goal to beat the likes of above said teams.

I miss it:(:(;)

Yeah I know - money ruining football again there bud.

I am sick of tired of seeing the likes of Blackburn' date=' Boro, Villa etc getting half-full grounds for a 3rd round tie at home to the likes of Colchester etc.

I'm proper old school in the sense that 3rd round = dodgy pies, shoddy grounds, capacity of 2k, snow around the edge of the pitch and some 33 year old brick layer belting in a wonder goal to beat the likes of above said teams.

I miss it:(:(;)[/quote']

I love the FA Cup 3rd round. My biggest memorries are of the following three games:

Swansea City 2 - 1 Preston North End.

Sheffield United 0 - 3 Swansea City.

Histon P - P Swansea City :rolleyes:

The away teams want to go to Old Trafford though don't they, at least then when they watch the United reserve team at a bigger ground.